Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58

Author Topic: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting  (Read 469008 times)

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
Re: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting
« Reply #780 on: March 30, 2016, 10:10:16 pm »

is this a place I can say a small suggestion? you know how in rumors when you want to tell people you killed that Cyclops, you have to go try to find it in all that "I was attacked by a bunny" stuff? but in ask for directions you can just type in the Cyclops name and come to the top of the list. so just add names as keywords to the I slew ____ stuff
No, it's not the place. But I will respond: you are asking for filter capabilities, correct? Already a suggestion, if not implemented.
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: March 30, 2016, 10:16:00 pm »

Basically, filtering by "conflict" and "fight" are literally the least useful rumor keywords in the game. But yeah, susually you have to make a new topic and a grand total of maybe two people will see it. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: April 02, 2016, 06:58:16 am »

Basically, filtering by "conflict" and "fight" are literally the least useful rumor keywords in the game. But yeah, susually you have to make a new topic and a grand total of maybe two people will see it. :V
Luckily one of them is guaranteed to be Toady...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: April 02, 2016, 01:25:07 pm »

Hopefully, yes. And...I just checked the functional link to eternal suggestions voting Lehtosor provided on the previous link.

Sweet zombie Jesus, so many suggestions that have already been implemented by now.

Oh, and of course the "can we piss yet" suggestion is there. It was inevitable.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #784 on: April 03, 2016, 05:57:04 pm »

Wait what? You say that filtering by "conflict" and "fight" is useless? Yeah, but he wants to filter by name, and that is already a thing. *why is this confusing it shouldn't be why is this even a thing*
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: April 03, 2016, 06:29:16 pm »

Wait what? You say that filtering by "conflict" and "fight" is useless? Yeah, but he wants to filter by name, and that is already a thing. *why is this confusing it shouldn't be why is this even a thing*

Nyet. It's because ALL the fight rumors ONLY use the keywords "conflict" and "fight." This includes the "I was attacked by this guy" rumors (which no one has ever needed to spread) in addition to the more useful "I killed this guy" rumors. So no, you can't use names to narrow down your fight rumors to the ones you actually want to spread.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #786 on: April 04, 2016, 12:11:12 am »

Oh! You mean you want to say "I killed Urist McColossus," but you can't just type in "Urist McColossus" in the filter text box, you have to type "conflict"/"fight" because that's the only filter keywords that are attached to the rumor, but they're also attached to "this bird flew at my head" and "I saw this bandit once"?
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: April 04, 2016, 12:20:43 am »

Oh! You mean you want to say "I killed Urist McColossus," but you can't just type in "Urist McColossus" in the filter text box, you have to type "conflict"/"fight" because that's the only filter keywords that are attached to the rumor, but they're also attached to "this bird flew at my head" and "I saw this bandit once"?

Exactly that.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #788 on: April 04, 2016, 12:25:45 am »

That is just ridiculous. I think I'll create a suggestion topic for that.
Sigtext!

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: April 04, 2016, 12:27:26 am »

Yesss. At a bare minimum, adding "slew" as a keyword for all conflict rumors where someone gets killed would make things massively more efficient.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

n4m3l3ss

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: May 06, 2016, 03:59:06 am »

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

The link in the first post doesn't work, 404 Not Found. I wish Toady edited his first post to add the real link.

For those who don't know, the real one is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: May 06, 2016, 04:04:05 am »

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

The link in the first post doesn't work, 404 Not Found. I wish Toady edited his first post to add the real link.

For those who don't know, the real one is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php
I don't think there's any point. It hasn't been used in an eternity.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Nopenope

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: June 02, 2016, 06:03:34 pm »

It seems Toady does use it as the top suggested features have been regularly implemented lately (job priorities, standing orders, improved hauling, etc.). I for one still check it from time to time and wait for the amusing moment where "Full graphics support" will inevitably reach #1.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: June 02, 2016, 07:42:27 pm »

It seems Toady does use it as the top suggested features have been regularly implemented lately (job priorities, standing orders, improved hauling, etc.). I for one still check it from time to time and wait for the amusing moment where "Full graphics support" will inevitably reach #1.
Gelding and book binding are 96/97. Taverns are 56. 69 is hospitals.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 07:47:15 pm by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

MoonyTheHuman

• Bay Watcher
  • I think the DEC VAX hates me.
    • View Profile
    • hellomouse
« Reply #794 on: June 02, 2016, 08:46:24 pm »

is there some sort of new link? old one 404'd
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 58