Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Packaging Win  (Read 2551 times)

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Packaging Win
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:50:20 pm »

http://failblog.org/2008/09/02/packaging-fail-5/

failblog apparently doesn't play Dwarf Fortress if it thinks that Kitten in gravy doesn't sound like dinner.

ChJees

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Packaging Win
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 03:05:22 pm »

Hahaha!

Nothing wrong to wok cats and dogs in Dwarf Fortress :P.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 10:36:33 pm »

Also, the people who read failblog are complete and utter fucktards, judging from the average intelligence level of the comments just on that page alone.

Yes, they're so bad that it merits the use of the word fucktard. In fact, it merits the use of that word twice.

Meanwhile, I'ma go eat mah kittehz in gravy.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2008, 12:02:58 pm »

Note: Playing Dwarf Fortress will make you go mentally insane and turn you into a barbaric psycho.

Also it will make you spam job cancellation messages to your boss.

Urist McSlave has canceled job: Interrupted by procrastination.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2008, 11:26:55 pm »

Also, the people who read failblog are complete and utter fucktards, judging from the average intelligence level of the comments just on that page alone.

You know how icanhascheezburger communicates like a bunch of cats?  Well, failblog is full of failures to communicate.  The politics one has a detectable signal, sometimes -- you can at least usually figure out what the original picture is.

The DF forums always amaze me at how cogent and civil they are and remain.

FunnyMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2008, 11:33:56 pm »

Yeah, I'm eternally disappointed with the comment quality on ICHC and related sites.  Every once in a while, I forget what site I'm on and click on the comments link, thinking I'll take a look at the discussion.  "Nawt secnod!"   :wince:
Beta Tester's Motto: Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2008, 12:34:31 am »

Also, the people who read failblog are complete and utter fucktards
The DF forums always amaze me at how cogent and civil they are and remain.

Does not compute

EDIT:  Unless you were being sarcastic
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Demonic Gophers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • The Tunnels
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2008, 01:26:29 am »

You don't think these forums are cogent and civil? :blink:
*Digs tunnel under thread.*
I also answer to Gophers and DG.
Quote from: Shades of Gray
*Says something inspiring and quote worthy.*
Opinions are great, they're like onions with pi.

Krash

• Bay Watcher
  • The one and only
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2008, 02:00:58 am »

You don't think these forums are cogent and civil? :blink:

Oh, they mostly are, not always though.  And the irony of one poster insulting failblog readers (crudely) just before another posts a "we are a little better cuz we're civil" was just too fun to not comment

EDIT: Wait, are you agreeing with me?  That :blink: seems to hint that you do :D

well, either that or you're flirting

scary
« Last Edit: September 15, 2008, 02:03:58 am by Krash »
MyLittlePonyBuiltMyHotRod, this is your first warning. I would like to direct you to read our forum's FAQ and posting guidelines before posting again. Specifically we don't use swear words here, and your picture of Stalin riding a Year3 Limited Edition Starflower inside a German concentration camp was both upsetting and historically inaccurate.

Makrond

• Bay Watcher
  • Like fuzzy dice, only more slicey
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 02:09:18 am »

Heh. If they were a little more intelligent, I would never have been so crude.

Unfortunately, they weren't. Anyway, I wasn't commenting on their civility - they're fairly nice (if I'm reading it even remotely correctly), but the spelling, grammar and overall crudeness of the comments warranted my use of that particular word. And it's not one I use lightly, being friends with a few mentally disabled people (seriously, most of them are nice, but I can't stand some of them. I don't care how retarded you are, you don't get to be an asshole to people). Fuckwits I could go without, though (my use of fucktard is a combination of fuckwit and retard, in case you didn't know).

Damn, there's a lot of swearing in this post.
Quote from: Jusal
Darwinism? Bah! This is Dwarvinism!

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2008, 11:37:50 am »

The only forum I have ever found to be more civil and cogent than this one is the Brass Goggles steampunk forum.
And, like this forum, all the members were mildly bats.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Xgamer4

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2008, 10:41:59 pm »

I hang around a message board called LUE. I seriously, seriously doubt anyone here's heard of it, but it's a Gamefaqs social board that got locked, oh, four years or so ago. Average intelligence and maturity skyrocketed. So it's about as mature as these boards. If not more-so because LUE doesn't get the occasional troll or spammer.

Other then that, the only other place I actually post somewhat regularly on is here. I'm actually fairly insulated from the stupidity of the internet.
insert something mind-blowing/witty here*

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2008, 11:22:43 pm »

Other then that, the only other place I actually post somewhat regularly on is here. I'm actually fairly insulated from the stupidity of the internet.

I post here and...one forum dedicated to a series of books (the author posts frequently and loves giving teasers)...one ShadowRun RP thread on MythWeavers (RL friend of mine is running it)...one newsgroup that's fairly sophisticated, if slow...and one other forum that...died, I think.  It used to be sophisticated and well reasoned, but lately I think all the well reasoned people left because a) there was nothing to talk about and b) there were growing numbers of less insightful people (despite a rigid examination of all want-to-be-registered users).

Tamren

• Bay Watcher
  • Two dreams away
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2008, 01:01:14 pm »

Failblog.org is like many other websites. An interesting portrait beside a pile of dog shit. Most people walk up and admire the portrait because it has some value to them, usually humour. Other people on the other hand feel an excruciating urge to step in the shit, and once they do they track it all over the floor on their way out the door.

Come for the fail, stay for the laughs, leave before the shitstorm.  ;)

The DF forums are nothing like this.
Fear not the insane man. For who are you to say he does not percieve the true reality?

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2008, 01:37:13 pm »

Failblog.org is like many other websites. An interesting portrait beside a pile of dog shit. Most people walk up and admire the portrait because it has some value to them, usually humour. Other people on the other hand feel an excruciating urge to step in the shit, and once they do they track it all over the floor on their way out the door.

Come for the fail, stay for the laughs, leave before the shitstorm.  ;)

The DF forums are nothing like this.

Oh god, that was funny.  Thanks, will brighten up the couple hours I'm about to spend doing data entry for the political campaign (you know, other people do the phone calls, I input all that data into the computer).
Pages: [1] 2