Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Large_Predator quick question  (Read 571 times)

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Large_Predator quick question
« on: September 04, 2008, 02:58:59 pm »

I dont quite understand how this tag works. I see the wiki says "Only one group of "large predators" will appear on any given map (possibly two groups on "savage" maps)." Now, is a 'map' considered a world, or is it considered one of the tiles on the worldmap?

Basically: Can I have multiple LARGE_PREDATORs and still be attacked by all of them in adventure mode? Also, does this work with the MEGABEAST tag?

2nd: Just thought of this, what happens if you dont give the [MEANDERER] tag? Will it just walk and look for food?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:06:41 pm by Tubi2b »

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: Large_Predator quick question
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2008, 03:22:41 pm »

If the creature has no MEANDERER it walks to some spicific spots like your dwarves, stockpiles or just runs around.

With meanderer it walks "randomly", it doesn't pick a preferred direction immideately.

You can see the difference: note how goats walk around and monkeys run to your depot to steal some goods.

The rule "only one group of LARGE_PREDATOR" affects Fortress Mode map. There can't be more than 1 group of those creatures at the same time. However if you exterminate their group or they leave your map borders  others may come.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 03:24:22 pm by Deon »
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Tubi2b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Large_Predator quick question
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 03:28:12 pm »

Ok thanks. Now I just have to decide which is going to be the large predator =p