Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Number of arrows per forge?  (Read 1453 times)

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
  • "Hey urist! I think that cat is having a seizure!"
    • View Profile
Number of arrows per forge?
« on: August 29, 2008, 07:10:44 pm »

Is there a way for me to make it so I get 100 bolts per forging? I always find myself runing out of bolts or spending tons of time looking for them in abandoned forts.
ooooo! Swamp wiskey! Yeah!!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Number of arrows per forge?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 07:18:03 pm »

Also another question, im moding in a shot gun for kicks but dont realy want to have bludgeon as its melee attack skill. Is it possible for me to put its attack skill as wrestling? or will that make the game explode or something.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 07:23:46 pm »

Also another question, im moding in a shot gun for kicks but dont realy want to have bludgeon as its melee attack skill. Is it possible for me to put its attack skill as wrestling? or will that make the game explode or something.

The only things that you can do is change the damage type to BURN, HEAT, COLD, PIERCE, SLASH, or BLUDGEON. You can change the skill it uses to wrestling, but that might cause some problems.

P.S. If you are just making this for an adventurer you can just change your attack settings to close combat to make you wrestle when you attack.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 07:27:08 pm »

Uh...im talking about the shot gun itself, not the things it fires. As in, whack that elf upside the head with my rifle butt. I'll just put it to wrestling and see if it explodes, trial and error for the win.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 07:42:31 pm »

Yeah, under the shotgun weapon, not the ammo, there should be a tag that says [DAMAGE:120:BLUDGEON] or something to that effect. This is the tag that determines what type of damage the shotgun will do when you whack something with it. If you change where it says bludgeon to another damage type, the shotgun will do that type of damage, if you change it to anything else you will get an error message and either your game will explode or it will revert to something. (probably your game will explode)

It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 10:35:18 pm »

You can't change the number of bolts the forge spits out when it makes them, that is hardcoded (for now anyway).

You CAN change the smelter to turn stacks of bolts into larger stacks of bolts, but unfortunately there is no way to get to to count the number of bolts in the stack or the material type when it does it. Also the bolts it spits out will always be no quality.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Mulch Diggums

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2008, 12:46:53 pm »

Didn't want to make a new topic..so...Can I change the damages for arrows and such without having to gen a new world?

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2008, 12:52:40 pm »

Sudden need for people to ask the same question 20 times in 2 days, apparently.
If it's only CHANGES, no new world.
If it's NEW or REMOVED entire entries (creatures, items, etc), new world.
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2008, 02:58:14 pm »

Sudden need for people to ask the same question 20 times in 2 days, apparently.

Yeah, I know the feeling.

Sharp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 06:08:10 am »

Is there a way for me to make it so I get 100 bolts per forging? I always find myself runing out of bolts or spending tons of time looking for them in abandoned forts.

just make it a smelter reaction (you only get normal bolts though)

[PRODUCT:100:200:AMMO:BOLT:METAL:STEEL]

There you get 200 Steel bolts (which are heavy btw)

For training

[PRODUCT:100:1000:AMMO:BOLT:WOOD:OAK]

And your dabbling marksdwarf will be elite in a few dwarf days.