Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Upcoming new Blood Bowl game for the PC!  (Read 6191 times)

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
Re: Upcoming new Blood Bowl game for the PC!
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2008, 05:30:13 pm »

The problem is, Microsoft only lets Xbox 360 users play with their Xbox LIVE service.  They made a counterpart to it for windows in their Games for Windows LIVE (dis)Service, but that thing is a steaming pile of crap.  I mean, up until recently it was a straight port of the Xbox LIVE interface with the buttons and everything, and you had to pay a monthly fee to get the basic stuff that other similar services give you for free.  The biggest problem though is that it's just Microsoft's attempt to dominate both the console and PC gaming markets.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2008, 05:56:48 pm »

So you have to pay to play a PC game online?  WTF CAPITALISM?  I just had this discussion with you!  Starting to piss me off, you are.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2008, 07:13:37 pm »

Right, exactly, my only motivation for saying things like this is purely a completely irrational hatred capitalism. 

It couldn't possibly have anything to do with not wanting to pay progressively more for progressively less and worse service.  No siree.  I actually love being ripped off.  I just hate capitalism.  In fact, I hate capitalism so much that I've suicide bombed four separate icons of capitalism in the past year. ::)

Also, I don't remember having this discussion with you.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:16:28 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

jnecros

• Bay Watcher
  • Black dog runs at night
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 06:07:46 am »

This brings back some memories, now if only somebody made a Mordheim or Necromunda PC game I'd be a happy Khornite.
Half beard
half belly
all dwarf

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 11:10:27 am »

Ah heh, in the "additional races" topic, chaos dwarves have received some new votes...

Chaos Dwaves  27%  [ 82 ]

The next most pupular faction are the Undeads:
Undead   26%  [ 78 ]

Some of you lads regged and voted for Chaos Dwarves eh?!  ;D

bartavelle

• Bay Watcher
  • Coin coin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 11:29:42 am »

I had the luck to play a beta at ESWC France, and the animations are really funny. It's supposed to be totally compliant with the latest rules, and brought back old memories when I played it. The team members I've seen seem enthousiastic about their game, and I'll definitly buy it when it ships!

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 11:34:11 am »

I had the luck to play a beta at ESWC France, and the animations are really funny. It's supposed to be totally compliant with the latest rules, and brought back old memories when I played it. The team members I've seen seem enthousiastic about their game, and I'll definitly buy it when it ships!

Awesome, we will have some DF fans who will buy the game. Perhaps we could even create an own league, it shouldnt be very hard to make a website for it.  8)

pndrev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 02:19:17 am »

This brings back some memories, now if only somebody made a Mordheim or Necromunda PC game I'd be a happy Khornite.

Gorkamorka here...

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2008, 06:57:46 pm »

« Last Edit: September 18, 2008, 06:59:57 pm by Tormy »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 19, 2008, 07:07:44 am »

The trailer had about half a second of gameplay footage in it, everything else looked like pre-rendered cutscenes.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2008, 07:17:40 am »

Personally I prefer the undead...

But they get such interesting advantages in the actual game, unless they were taken out, that I am not sure they can be balanced

Atleast that is what I was told... That they could kill someone on the other team... and then they get another player... If that isn't true... I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd only get this game if the Gore of destroying limbs was in... however... so far it seems there isn't.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 07:31:17 am by Neonivek »

coelocanth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2008, 09:42:30 am »

Deaths are pretty rare in the board game, especially after injury modifying skills were removed.
After you injure somebody on a knockdown or foul, you need to roll 2 dice
2-7 = stun (player misses one turn)
8-9 = KO (player removed from field and has 50% chance to recover after each touchdown)
10 (1 in 12) = badly hurt (player misses rest of game)
11 (1 in 18) = serious injury (player misses next game, 1 in 3 chance of a niggling injury, 1 in 6 chance of a stat decrease)
12 (1 in 36) = killed

further to that, nearly every non undead team has an apothecary that has a 5 in 6 chance to change one injury into a stun per game. Most teams save him for serious injuries and deaths.

Main advantage of undead is the regenerate skill (gives a 1 in 2 chance to treat any injury as a stun)
Main disadvantage of undead is they are slow, clumsy and fragile. The only players that can handle the ball, ghouls, don't have regenerate.

The new player after a kill is added at the end of the game, making it a lot less useful even when it does happen.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2008, 09:42:41 am »

Personally I prefer the undead...

But they get such interesting advantages in the actual game, unless they were taken out, that I am not sure they can be balanced

Atleast that is what I was told... That they could kill someone on the other team... and then they get another player... If that isn't true... I wouldn't be surprised.

I'd only get this game if the Gore of destroying limbs was in... however... so far it seems there isn't.

I am not exactly sure that what do you mean, but AFAIK limbs can be removed in the game.

..as for deaths, check out this interview:
http://www.gamingnexus.com/Article/Blood-Bowl-Interview/Item1951.aspx

What RPG elements are in the game? If I have a player killed in a game are they gone forever or can I resurrect them with a spell during the game or are they gone forever?
Players have attributes and skills. As they play they gain experience that allows them to increase their attributes and gain new skills. And if you play with equipment you can allow buy different pieces of equipment (helmets…) depending on your level. Players also become older, might be injured or even get killed, forever. You then understand why a good apothecary is a must during a match.

Despite the fact that this really is part of the spirit of the game; some people might get frustrated to lose important players in one match, so things like permanent death are optional.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:46:50 am by Tormy »

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2008, 09:52:01 am »

I am not exactly sure that what do you mean, but AFAIK limbs can be removed in the game

Limbs, Eyes, Heads, and organs being torn out is what I mean't.

Limbs can be removes? hmm interesting, wouldn't think it was so judging by the screenshots and trailer.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2008, 10:09:34 am »

I am not exactly sure that what do you mean, but AFAIK limbs can be removed in the game

Limbs, Eyes, Heads, and organs being torn out is what I mean't.

Limbs can be removes? hmm interesting, wouldn't think it was so judging by the screenshots and trailer.

Yep take a look at this screenie for example:

There are limbs on the battlefield, plus one dwarf has no left arm.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6