Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How to fake enviormental hazards.  (Read 2015 times)

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How to fake enviormental hazards.
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2008, 02:13:07 am »

Um. You can just use 'k' to see what the wall is made of after getting the announcement.

Wouldn't it just say it was a rough death wall for all three types?
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 02:14:11 am »

Maybe a venomous biting vermin with [VERMIN_MICRO] and flier so you get swarms of them (like flies) and can't kill them. They could be called killer particles or something like that to make the illusion that they're toxic dust or something.

Edit:
Um. You can just use 'k' to see what the wall is made of after getting the announcement.

If the killer death stone is hidden in safe death stone. I think he meant he hid teal death in microcline and yellow death in orthoclase type of thing. Can't really be having usable death stones. This is a death block wall.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2008, 02:17:08 am by Neoskel »
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2008, 04:28:26 am »

Like I said, altering heat and cold damage values can work. When you make the dwarves sensitive to heat, for example, then clothing made of materials with a "neutral" fixed temp can protect them, if you like.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2008, 04:40:25 am »

Maybe a venomous biting vermin with [VERMIN_MICRO] and flier so you get swarms of them (like flies) and can't kill them. They could be called killer particles or something like that to make the illusion that they're toxic dust or something.

Edit:

If the killer death stone is hidden in safe death stone. I think he meant he hid teal death in microcline and yellow death in orthoclase type of thing. Can't really be having usable death stones. This is a death block wall.
"Your miners discovered yellow death price the miners!" then player put k and cautiosly looks one by one wich one is the death stone :D
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2008, 06:58:06 am »

Like I said, altering heat and cold damage values can work. When you make the dwarves sensitive to heat, for example, then clothing made of materials with a "neutral" fixed temp can protect them, if you like.

Yeah sounds like an idéa, and would add some more sense into cloths.
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 20, 2008, 09:00:14 am »

Edit:

"Your miners discovered yellow death price the miners!" then player put k and cautiosly looks one by one wich one is the death stone :D

I mean that if the stone was hidden in marble, I would go and change the ingame name to marble, and also change the color and symbols to match those of marble. Then, when you strike it in game, you would be mining in marble and just get a message, you have struck marble. And if you 'k' over to it, all of the walls will appear the same.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 20, 2008, 09:03:07 am »

but you will get it twice ... even so it migth be more problem if you can change its name to marble ... can you have 2 stone with the same name?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

TheSpaceMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.digital-lifeform.com
« Reply #22 on: August 20, 2008, 09:15:27 am »

but you will get it twice ... even so it migth be more problem if you can change its name to marble ... can you have 2 stone with the same name?

They can have the same [Name:a:b:c] name but not same [ITEM:ITEMNAME]
Poking around with a DFParser.
Bodypart names, creatures names in one easily overviewable place.

Oh my new (old) picture?
Pages: 1 [2]