Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: My first strange mood!  (Read 2202 times)

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
My first strange mood!
« on: July 29, 2008, 10:32:44 am »

Yep, really.  Despite having played Dwarf Fortress on and off for quite a while (mostly off :(), I've almost never gotten more then a year into it.  This is the largest fort I've ever gotten, and my first strange mood ever!

I don't exactly have the highest hopes for it.

Anyone else remember your first?

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: My first strange mood!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2008, 10:42:21 am »

i just left the guy into the workshop he took and when he went berserk he killed 2 of my only wrestlers and then he ran aftar everybody to the end of the fortress but died of starvation before he got to them,so i lost 5 ppl in 1 season,good think my fortress dint start tantruming and that the berserker was a peasant and the wrestelers peasants too so not much of a loss.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Hishan

• Bay Watcher
  • [ALCOHOL_DEPENDANT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2008, 10:44:42 am »

My first atefact was a chert flute. Dont worry about it, the hard bit is getting all the bloody items they need otherwise they go insane, and biulding obscure workshops for them. All you have to do now is sit back and wait for him to finish it. Also since that was a secretive mood, he will get legendary skill in whatever he used to make it. (looks like its gonna be stonecrafter or woodcrafter)

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 11:04:07 am »

i know this is kinda off topic but my animal caretaker just gave birth to a boy,yes.now not to get them killed lol.
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 11:27:28 am »

I'm so happy!

DwarfMan69

• Bay Watcher
  • Hatred, darkness, and Despair
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 11:43:04 am »

I'm so happy!

He drew a picture of his artifact on itself.

erendor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 12:13:28 pm »

I'm so happy!

He drew a picture of his artifact on itself.

I'd expect nothing less!

In semi-related news (speaking of expensive crap) this is a weapon rack for my Sheriff:

I hadn't intended for it to get so...ornate.  I didn't even realise that the jeweler had got ahold of it.  I sort of thought they only encrusted items with jewels the once and then moved on, but this guy has used at least one of every gem I have on this monstrosity.

At least the sheriff will be happy.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 12:17:49 pm »

Just wait, soon you will start to get dwarves who ask for impossible things like cloth, or leather, or even feathers.

RickiusMaximus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2008, 12:24:31 pm »

I believe this to actually be a glitch in the way furniture is incrusted...

If you set one single gem on repeat then the jeweller should put one gem on each piece of furniture.

If you however set a number of gems on single in the queue then he will stick them all on the same piece.

Also be careful that the furniture is close to the workshop or you'll be entered into a special program called "Jewellers encrust the darndest things"
quot;A Noble would have to be very fast, very tough, have the ability to breath water, survive a fall from about 30 stories, have asbestos skin, innards made of titanium... then, and only then, would he dare to demand Adamantine items"

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2008, 12:26:37 pm »

my first aretfact was a coffin im planning to bury my expitition leader and the original 7,also ive had alot of masterpieces,2 doors,a meal(lol),mechanisms,then a artifact door again,and a masterpiece mug.

Moron

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 12:29:47 pm »

I think the way encrusting with gems works, is that the jeweler grabs the closest item that hasn't already been encrusted with that type of gem.

So as soon as he finishes encrusting it with one gem, if the next order is to encrust items with a different gem, the old item will still be in the workshop so it will be the closest and will get chosen again.

However, if the next order is to encrust with the same type of gem, he will grab something different as the old item will already have been encrusted with that gem.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 01:26:04 pm »

I think my first was a hatch cover.
Shoes...

MoonMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 01:33:15 pm »

My first was a wooden idol.

RebelZhouYuWu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 02:41:48 pm »

My first was a wooden barrel.

AltF8

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • PeriodicGames
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 02:50:29 pm »

Larch floodgate for me.
Goblin pricking does not sound like it could pay well enough.
Pages: [1] 2