Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: Embark Anywhere (2013.1.25.1)  (Read 58814 times)

Smew

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll kill you with my bear face.
    • View Profile
    • Deep Games for Deep Gamers
Re: Embark Anywhere
« Reply #45 on: April 05, 2009, 02:13:03 am »

Aw, that sucks.
Ah well, there's still plenty of other opprotunities. ;D

Augustus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: April 09, 2009, 06:29:32 am »

Okay, i got it to work.  I was under the impression that for it to work, something had to pop up on my screen.  But as it happens I kept installing / uninstalling it.  So now i just double click it and its gewds.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #47 on: April 10, 2009, 01:37:31 am »

Yes, there's only popups if something is "wrong".  If there are no popups, then it probably worked and you should actually try it to make sure.

It also asks if you want to unpatch DF, which was supposed to be the tip-off that it's already been patched. ;)
(Of course, nobody ever reads popups anymore.)

Aggiedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: May 04, 2009, 06:49:29 pm »

Hmm, I am getting the could not open dwarf fortress process error. I am on Windows XP, using 40d, and have the administrator account. Any suggestions?

radicalaces

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: May 05, 2009, 03:08:09 pm »

Ugh, this doesn't work for me. It tells me to start DF.

I'm already certain however that it's a compatibility issue with x64.

I hate x64
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 04:15:53 pm by radicalaces »

Aggiedog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: May 05, 2009, 06:37:57 pm »

Hmm, I am getting the could not open dwarf fortress process error. I am on Windows XP, using 40d, and have the administrator account. Any suggestions?

Bah, I forgot to say I am using x32.

Vilien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2009, 08:13:22 pm »

This is a great tool. Thanks.

Michaelsoftman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: May 06, 2009, 08:57:59 am »

Doesn't work for me on either 40d or 40d9 sadly =/

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2009, 06:59:10 pm »

i cannot make it work with 40d or 40d9 either.  Same message as Smew
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

finesse

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 12, 2009, 06:19:11 pm »

Just letting you know this utill is working with 40d11 in 64bit Windows 7. Didn't need elevation either.

Malicus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 15, 2009, 11:06:59 pm »

I, too, have the OpenProcess(Dwarf Fortress) error when I try to use this.  I've tried with 40d, 40d11, and today I tried with 39f with the same result.  I'm running Windows XP Pro.  Has nobody figured out what is causing this?  Maybe somebody could figure this out if if we knew which error code it was throwing.

It seems suspicious that the only people reporting problems are running XP.  I have no way of knowing how it was programmed, but could this that I eventually turned up while googling have anything to do with the problem?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2009, 12:14:56 am by Malicus »

Adamantine Fist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 16, 2009, 08:46:39 pm »

I'm having the same problems as those above. I get the OpenProcess has failed error as well. I'm using XP Professional and have 40d.
and D) involve Clippy, the helpful paperclip, to tell you what to do.
It looks like you are trying to commit elven genocide! What would you like to do?

aklyatne

• Bay Watcher
  • Menaces with spikes of, well, spikes.
    • View Profile
    • Stumbleupon profile
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2009, 05:48:13 am »

Have you all tried renaming the .exe?  The program looks for Dwarf Fortress.exe, and not Dwarfort.exe.  Change the name of the .exe and it should work.
Don't even bother with trying to sp-
You have struck Alunite!
-ell my username.  Just type Ak or something.

Fedor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2009, 08:38:16 pm »

Have you all tried renaming the .exe?  The program looks for Dwarf Fortress.exe, and not Dwarfort.exe.  Change the name of the .exe and it should work.
I changed the name of the .exe.  Still got the couldn't open process error.

Here's what I'm seeing.  Dwarf Fortress is running, in site search mode, and the window is titled "Dwarf Fortress".
Fedor Andreev is a citizen of the Federated Endeavor. He is a member of the Wandering Minds.

Baboonanza

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 01, 2009, 08:48:29 am »

I discovered that if I compile it myself with MingW (GCC for windows more-or-less) it works perfectly. If I compile it with MSC8 or 9 it doesn't work.

This led me to fix the problem, with the hint from here http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms684880%28VS.85%29.aspx(see the text next to PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS).

Basically MS increased the size of the PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS flag in Vista so programs compiled on later operation systems (or presumably the later versions of the Windows SDK) are not backwards compatible. Cocking Microsoft ::). Adding the following to hexsearch.c before including windows.h fixes the problem:
Code: [Select]
#define _WIN32_WINNT _WIN32_WINNT_WINXP // Use smaller, pre-Vista PROCESS_ALL_ACCESS flagor you can dick with the flags to find out what the minimum necessary combination is (READ/WRITE alone is insufficient).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7