Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: magma wont flow through a glass bridge when retracted  (Read 799 times)

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
magma wont flow through a glass bridge when retracted
« on: July 13, 2008, 12:11:55 am »

this is an odd bug i just found.    im trying to use magma to create a stable foundation for an off-shore castle, and i build a long tube for the magma to flow to, and then a large bridge at the end that i let the magma pool in before releasing it all down into the water at once

i have bauxite mechanisms in the bridge, and it opens and closes properly, but the 7/7 magma stays right there and does not fall down into the water.

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=283

MaxVance

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary Internet User
    • View Profile
Re: magma wont flow through a glass bridge when retracted
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2008, 10:44:34 am »

Are both your shift keys and your apostrophe/quotation mark key broken or something? Anyway, you should use floodgates for that sort of thing. I imagine what you are experiencing is similiar to where people use "utilities" to generate water or magma, then have to build and remove a wall next to it to get the liquid to flow.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2008, 10:46:58 am by MaxVance »

Exponent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2008, 02:54:02 pm »

Bug 000849 ▪ (Fixed For Next Version) [flows] (Report) water flows don't restart after cutting down a tree or retracting a bridge

Whether the upcoming fix includes magma or not, I don't know.

Drakis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2008, 07:32:16 pm »

Are both your shift keys and your apostrophe/quotation mark key broken or something? Anyway, you should use floodgates for that sort of thing. I imagine what you are experiencing is similiar to where people use "utilities" to generate water or magma, then have to build and remove a wall next to it to get the liquid to flow.

that was completely uncalled for dude, and i was using a combination of floodgates and brigdes.  im here reporting a bug that i found, not asking for help, so your 2 cents wasnt needed.

and no, i wasnt using any utilities or anything, i found a piece of shoreline with a magma pipe and sand and used ONE pump to bring the magma out over the water.