Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50

Author Topic: Geshud Osod, the Fortress of Bones (Community/Story in Legendary Lands)  (Read 101498 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile

((I'm a dwarf.  I can deal with it.  How's Fre's skill sheet working out, anyhow?))
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

wow, amasing stuff, is there some space for me to join in this epic thread?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
  • Multi-classing : Because wizards run out of spells
    • View Profile

((Fre, you're skills are doing well. I've had you on hunting for a while now so your cooking isn't great, but it's improving rapidly. Your marksdwarfship is very good which is why I've pulled you off of hunting. That and you've eliminated the persistent breeding wildlife problem. You've been bringing in a lot of food, swans, herons, beavers (mentioned at the last new year feast) and otters. So, you're doing well. Despite all the hunting you're only a Dabbling Ambusher. Not sure how to improve that.

Metal Militia, you're welcome to join. I have plenty of female cultists at the moment. I've capped the population for now so if you're willing to be female there is lots of room. Just give me the specs on your character and any preferences and I'll find the best fit.))
I like dogs... with a little bit of garlic and salt...

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

awesome

Khain
mace user if possible

Draconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh I want in too please :) I don't really care what he/she is, and gender is basically optional for dwarves anyway... I just want in on this epic story :)

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((You're welcome to join Draconius. At the moment we have only female dwarves due to a 2:1 gender imbalance. I will need the following: (From you too Metal Militia if you haven't provided it yet)
-Name
-Preferred weapon (if you want to go military which is not formed nor is close to forming at the moment.)
-Preferred civilian job (if any. Lots of masons at the moment, don't really need much else but I've got unclaimed variety)
Whether you want to be a cultist or loyalist, and if cultist whether you intend to follow Glaices path of cold centered worship or not
Any preferences (optional)
Direction you want your character to go (if you feel so inclined)

Background is up to you, i'll do my best to work it in if you write one))
« Last Edit: May 23, 2009, 10:24:15 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile

Khain

Hammer

smith/furnace operator/wood burner

loyalist

no perferences really

possibly hammerlord or legendary smith - whichever comes first

Khain is under self exil, has a personal code of conduct that doesn't always coensides with what should be done/ what is "right", very mistrustful of others.

she's kinda like the outcast thats only here because it's better than the alternative.

also can you tell me where the story starts proper as it's a long thread and will take me a long time to read it all

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile

How's Oddbod doing?
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Draconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Draconius

Crossbow

Miner, if possible, but mason is fine too.

Fanatic Cultist. I want to be that one guy whose such a zealot the other cultists are like "dude, chill out". The one whose always accusing others of not being quite devout enough. That guy. :D And I don't know whether he would follow Glacies or not, whichever makes for a better story. :)

He's not a bad guy. Just very, very devout. Maybe a little crazy. (Beyond dwarfish norms.) I'm thinking he had a "vision" after some cave-in induced head-trauma that led him to a life of worship.

Replace all occurences of he and him with she and her if appropriate.

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Mid-Malachite

Thesaurusaurus poked his head into the large chamber that had originally been intended as a boneyard for the High priest to work in. It was devoid of all bones, and even the second chamber off to the west contained none, merely a stacked set of stone of each type they'd found so far for future use. There were a few dwarves working in the room, however, bringing in blocks to construct the new kennels, or securing ropes to the ground or sandy walls with heavy iron stakes. This was to be the new animal husbandry area, where breeding and training would occur. It was not coincidental that it was located immeadiately behind the butcheries and kitchen areas.

"Anyone see Led around?"

One of the dwarves grunted as he set down a solid granite block with a dull thump.

"Last ah heard t'was near the Depot, finishin wi'de trade liason."

Thesuarusaurus nodded briefly and made his way back through the kitchens and down to the second hall, from there to the craftshall and then up to the depot. He knew the way well, and had been here the day before recording the new goods brought and the old ones sold in his heavy vellum ledger. He arrived just in time to see Led shake hands with the dark-skinned human twice his size before parting ways.

"Sir, ..."

"Thesaurusaurus, just call me Led. How many times do I have to tell you?"

"Aye, well, I've been hearing rumors of this but I thought you'd want to know. It borders on
blasphemy."

Led raised an eyebrow and allowed the record-keeper to guide him towards the Crack. They stopped on the small ledge that looked down into the darkness, Thesaurusaurus' breath coming in slight pants. Led looked at him.

"Well?"

"All right. Take a look off to the south. And down a few levels."

He looked hard into the darkness as Thesaurusaurus shut the door behind them to block out the light. It took him a few minutes for his eyes to adjust to the utter darkness but gradually his dwarven eyesight showed him what lay beyond the view of normal light. Off in the distance he could just barely make out a small ledge. Several zombie goblins shuffled about in the little space they had.

"What of them? Surely they're too far away to be bothering people?"

"Oh, aye. That's not the problem, sir. They've begun Naming them though."

Led looked at them again in a new light and stood there silently for a minute or two.

"Ah. What do they name that odd little one?"

"The one that looks as if he's mooning us sir?"

"Aye, that one."

The scribe sighed and shook his head. "He was the first to be named. I'm afraid 'twas my own children what thought it amusing. Apparently it took on and others began naming the undead cave swallows as they'd fly past below. They call him Cog Ingishetes."

"Cog Bodiceblew?"

Thesaurusaurus shook his head again. "Aye, I'm afraid so."

Led snorted.

"Hmph. Well, I think you need to take your children to task then."

"Yes, I've been meaning to do that, but with their mother gone and me busy so much..."

"No, no, I mean you need to teach them more of the old tongue. Teach them how to say 'semi-sentient little undead bastard' in ancient Dethic before they get too carried away. Bodiceblew... what a name."

The scribe looked as if he were both shocked and hurt.

"But... sir, isn't it blasphemous to..."

"My friend, these undead haven't seen the light of day in an age. Don't worry, let the people have their amusements with the names. The time for undead in this chasm is swiftly passing, soon only memories of them will remain, and it would do to have some of them be remembered as more than a
rotting corpse. If only to remind the future of what used to be here."

Draconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

They just give them names? For the heck of it? Didn't know they did that..

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((yup... apparently after they've been around long enough they start getting names. Most of the cave swallowmen are nowhere near the fortress so I'm not sure if there's a specific pattern. In reality I'm quite sure no dwarf has ever ACTUALLY seen any of the undead in question. They're at least a half dozen screens away up the crevasse.

I'll start looking through the dwarves for suitable characters Metal Militia and Draconius. Everything looks fine except your weapon choice Draconius. It's one of the tenets of the followers of Mondul. Death is a personal and holy thing to witness. No ranged killing is allowed, except by hunters. That is also why there will be no traps except a few strings of cage traps. (Mostly to cut down on annoying thieves and babysnatchers) Feel free to pick another weapon Draconius.

Maggarg, I'll see if I can get summaries of characters up sometime later this week. I'll spoilerize them all for space considerations, and provide kill lists where applicable.))

Paulus Fahlstrom

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Ok... here's the character stats. Remember, some of you from the most recent immigrant wave haven't had that much time to hone your skills. And sorry Maggarg... being a mechanic is slow here at the moment. I'll spice it up in the story here soon enough.

General skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kill list:
Ragnar: 2 Z large demon rats, 1 Z large rat
Kolok: 2 Z large demon rats, 1 Z troglodyte, 5 Z gremlins
Led: 1 tigerman thief, 1 lizardman thief
Fre: Officially 10 swans, 4 Herons, 1 beaver, 1 otter. Countless injured that died of related wounds. (I'm not sure if they all count towards her kill tally.)

Artifact characters:
Glacies: Artifact Felsite coffer
Kolok: Artifact Highwood bucket

I'm in the process of replacing our crappy furniture with high quality stuff from these two. Decoration with bone by kills to follow in time.))
« Last Edit: May 26, 2009, 06:56:56 pm by Paulus Fahlstrom »

Draconius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! I knew that. Unarmed then! nothing more up close and personal than that!

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((eat! haha, sounds like something i'd do :D)
Magma is overrated.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 50