Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 265

Author Topic: Nist Akath - The Complete Story  (Read 603295 times)

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Nist Akath. Journeys of the Brother
« Reply #2280 on: November 10, 2008, 05:31:40 pm »

Oh man, Likhan is so dead.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2281 on: November 10, 2008, 05:34:33 pm »

Wooh! awsome story for it has defeated my procrastination for signing up to the forum.

this story is so cool. normaly in DF losing is fun but here it wins so much you break through the fun losing into the fun winning and find Chuck Norris sipping tea with Captain Ironblood over a plate of crumpets discussing the fine art of naked Hydra wrestling. ;D
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

64bitrobot

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: November 11, 2008, 01:49:49 pm »

What's this?!? The second page!?

We're truly not devoted enough.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: November 11, 2008, 04:35:26 pm »

i fondly await the moment where kodor becomes powerful enough to ascend to godhood like his brother. that will be fun  ;D.
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Fenrir

• Bay Watcher
  • The Monstrous Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: November 11, 2008, 09:27:13 pm »

I wish I had been with this from the beginning. Now I'm too intimidated by the 153 pages to start reading.

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: November 11, 2008, 09:39:20 pm »

READ IT! >:( READ IT NAUGHW!!!!!!  >:(
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: November 11, 2008, 09:51:48 pm »

I'd recomend that you read a couple of pages a day until you get cuaght up. Seriously, Fenrir, you are a respected member of this comunity, so shape up! Mind you, once you start reading Nist Akath, you just can't stop . . .
Even the avatars expire eventually.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: November 11, 2008, 09:56:13 pm »

I'd recomend that you read a couple of pages a day until you get cuaght up. Seriously, Fenrir, you are a respected member of this comunity, so shape up! Mind you, once you start reading Nist Akath, you just can't stop . . .
Actually, as shocking as this may seem, my brother did, when DC came into the mix.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Doppel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: November 11, 2008, 10:26:53 pm »

I wish I had been with this from the beginning. Now I'm too intimidated by the 153 pages to start reading.

Same here, it saddens me greatly, i would've love to have been up-to date with this.
Doppel has been ecstatic lately. He took joy in playing DF lately. He slept on a rough cave keyboard recently.
He is a member of the Dwarf Fortress Forums.
Doppel likes the color Dark Blue, cats for their aloofness and girls for their silky soft brea beards.
He appreciates art and natural beauty.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: November 12, 2008, 01:48:33 am »

Actually, as shocking as this may seem, my brother did, when DC came into the mix.

I've been using DC since nearly the start in order to work around certain bugs and cause certain circumstances.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: November 12, 2008, 02:06:01 am »

Not to mention the early saveskumming to avoid death by skelk. ^-*

But hey, Nist Akath is still awesome even when you remember that. :D
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

Akhier the Dragon hearted

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a Dragon, Roar
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #2291 on: November 12, 2008, 11:01:59 am »

this is a story if all stories where realistic you would end up with alot of dead heroes. im okay with DC as long as its not what made the dwarfs super. to point out another thing its not like he did anything much helping the dwarfs, infact most of what he did outside of the early save scumming is make the enemys tougher not weaker or power up the dwarf. anyway without it this story would be boring or over and who would want that? :P
Join us. The crazy is at a perfect temperature today.
So it seems I accidentally put my canteen in my wheelbarrow and didn't notice... and then I got really thirsty... so right before going to sleep I go to take a swig from my canteen and... end up snorting a line of low-grade meth.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: November 12, 2008, 05:36:40 pm »

I've been using DC since nearly the start in order to work around certain bugs and cause certain circumstances.
Well, it was really when it started being used to make things more difficult.  Personally, I thought that made it more awesome than it already was.
Just so I remember

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: November 12, 2008, 05:42:56 pm »

The problem is, when you are as awesome as Nist Akath, in Vanilla, there isn't much to do.

With DC and modded creatures, you still can't beat Nist Akath.  ;D
Even the avatars expire eventually.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: November 13, 2008, 04:57:54 pm »

The problem is, when you are as awesome as Nist Akath, in Vanilla, there isn't much to do.

With DC and modded creatures, you still can't beat Nist Akath.  ;D

Aye. 

Why is this on second page?
Just so I remember
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 265