Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 189

Author Topic: Migrursut: What Comes After The World Ends? [Epilogue] (A Community Fort)  (Read 385252 times)

thunderclan

• Bay Watcher
  • Like Fire, You Will Blaze Through The Forest
    • View Profile
Re: Migrursut: Goodness is a Choice (A Community Fort)
« Reply #1590 on: January 03, 2009, 10:56:13 pm »

[quote author=Heavy Flak link=topic=19239.msg381033#msg381033 OOC:  I don't have a current list of who's left to arrive at the fortress thanks to a mishap on my part, so if you want to grab a body, feel free.  Also, I've decided to have a beer with every update I do, so let's see how many I can knock out this afternoon!
[/quote]

I better post mine again while there is still Dwarves to claim.

Name: Fireheart
Profession: Sworddwarf

Story: Fireheart was part of a squad of soldiers who roamed the land killing Undead and Goblins. The rest of the squad was wiped out in battle with several Goblin tribes.

Religion doesn't matter as long as its NOT Lenod.

Do with this what you will

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1591 on: January 04, 2009, 12:33:06 am »

Diary of Neo: 6th of Moonstone, 1067
Maggarg is beginning to get on my nerves! I'm trying to stand at attention and he keeps bothering me. If I could, I would fuse his mouth shut and wrap him in a straight jacket for a few weeks. That'd teach him. Alas, this is beyond my reach. And Stravitch, he's just a bully. He can't quite seem to understand others or even try. He needs to be put away, or put himself away. Alas, such an outcome is unlikely while he has got that mace of his and is awake. Or perhaps some "enemy" could sabotage his project. That might teach him some humility. On second thought that would probably just make him beat the crap out of Vatek. I think maybe he should "fall asleep" on a trap. But other than these nagging annoyances, the life here at Migrursut is good. Just need to gather some like-minded compatriots to plot the downfall of Stravitch.
OOC: Is Neo in any relationships?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2009, 12:35:28 am by neo1096 »
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1592 on: January 04, 2009, 12:55:26 am »

I was bored, so I wrote this little thing up.

Journal of Hikan Riddlewire, hidden in the wastes in an unknown location.
Excerpt from the entry for the week of 1st Moonstone, 1067

Aryn's been running me ragged for the past month, telling me, "Teach the rabble a lesson in the consequences of rebellion." I don't know what the hell he means by that, but if it means breaking people's jaw for putting up a "WHO IS TELAMON?" poster, or cracking the skull of some smuggler and taking his earnings, then I've been doing a hell of a job!

My fists have never been sorer, but I've never loved my job more.

But no matter how many eyes I blacken, 'conspirators' I rough up, or 'smuggler's' goods I 'confiscate', I'm just one dwarf, and I don't think I can stop this descent to madness, since I don't trust the soldiers to do anything other than get drunk and brag about all their worthless kills and kiss each others' asses, or those cowards in the Fortress Guard.

Especially Vatek. Honest, goody-two-shoe, good-for-nothing tattletale, I'm glad he's taking in the fumes at Stravitch's poison pyramid rather than trying to find dirt on me.

Aryn says my previous assignment is no longer my highest priority, but I should continue to work on it when I have the opportunity, but I've been so busy I haven't had a chance to think about it very much.

OOC: Vatek is an honest, earnest guardsman. Hikan is a dirty, corrupt guardsman. A conflict between the two is only natural. Or a partnership, if buddy cop movies are to be believed.

There have been a few small literal fires that were quickly quelled, but the facts are becoming disturbing:  They are slowly working their way towards the now-guarded booze storage.

I'm glad Riddlewire only drinks water.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Keifru

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1593 on: January 04, 2009, 11:16:05 am »

How is Kivish doing?
I hope she hasn't met an ill fate yet :P

Stravitch

• Bay Watcher
  • Lenod Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1594 on: January 05, 2009, 12:36:23 am »

And what, may I ask, is wrong with Lenod?

Groveller

• Bay Watcher
  • Giant Wingéd Giant Caveswallowmanman
    • View Profile
« Reply #1595 on: January 05, 2009, 12:49:00 am »

What indeed.
The raccoon's still there, though.  Just chilling out.  Being a raccoon in some rocks.

Grov: Grovness is a Grov (A Grov Grov)

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1596 on: January 05, 2009, 01:13:44 am »

And what, may I ask, is wrong with Lenod?
Stravitch worships him. 'Nuff said.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1597 on: January 05, 2009, 05:23:55 am »

Hey Heavy!
Thought Id better get my request re-done as well then, dwarf by the name of Sarig, military dwarf if thats ok, was going to go for Swordwarf but if one of the new guys is a hammerer I'll gladly take that instead! ;-)

Sarig's a quiet, intensely focused dwarf who spends his time training and meditating, like a hammer based sword monk. Any religions grand.

- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1598 on: January 05, 2009, 11:23:09 am »

Diary of maggarg.
Things are getting really hairless. That bastard Riddlewire is watching us, and I swear he knows who I am. I suspect he drinks water, the stuff makes the mind damnably clear and suspicious. And grumpy.
Parade was a bit of a shambles, just the way I like it. A good bit of friendly chaos.
No-one's seen Aryn for quite a while.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1599 on: January 05, 2009, 08:12:31 pm »

Hey Heavy!
Thought Id better get my request re-done as well then, dwarf by the name of Sarig, military dwarf if thats ok, was going to go for Swordwarf but if one of the new guys is a hammerer I'll gladly take that instead! ;-)

Sarig's a quiet, intensely focused dwarf who spends his time training and meditating, like a hammer based sword monk. Any religions grand.

I thought you wanted him in my little thingumy? I was planning on adding you to the, er, story, soon. Mayhaps you could rename Sarig now and he could officially "Join the fortress" when I get back? That way, Bloodclocks could get a spot too if he got another migrant.

It's all up to you guys, of course.

Flar Moonchill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1600 on: January 06, 2009, 03:35:07 am »

Actually I'd prefer your way Glacies, just got confused by the below! If you dno't mind Heavy check me back in with Glacies when he returns instead! Febuarys not that long away, away and good things come to those who wait, at least thats what the Guiness adverts tell me and if you can't trust that then what can you?

With Glacies' optimistic time frame, I think I might have you all come in without him.  It'll still work story-wise, I've got a couple ideas involving that.  February's a long time away (not really, but hey, it feels like it to me) and this will let me get you all in sooner. 

- If you know what I mean, and I''m sure that you do.

Impending Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • has gone stark raving mad!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1601 on: January 06, 2009, 08:37:16 pm »

Finally, I haven't been beaten to the chase! I'll take the newly-arrived marksdwarf, if that's alright. Name him Kandor, or her Keri.

A bowstring-happy seadwarf for hire who's currently unemployed after an *ahem* incident at sea, and has come to Migrursut looking for a job. After all, surely a place called Oceanbled has an opening for a worthy sailor, doesn't it?
Quote from: Robert A.Heinlein
Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion, that violence has never solved anything, is wishful thinking at its worst.

Heavy Flak

• Bay Watcher
  • Olsmo Lives
    • View Profile
« Reply #1602 on: January 06, 2009, 09:05:38 pm »

The events of the 12th of Moonstone, 1067

The summer heat beat down upon my back just like the ol' lady I've been supporting all these years.  It never changes, this life.  You don't get used to it, not really, not the heat, the sun, the swelter, the sweat... no, you just get used to it, you learn learn to cope with enough daily problems to bring down an entire city. 

You just put your head down and throw yourself into your work to make it day-to-day.  Or you don't, end end up throwing yourself at the camels.  That idiot Hammer Wavepaddles obviously couldn't handle it all; her stupid sense justice probably drove her mad.  That's all right.  One less Dwarf to worry about out here.  One less Dwarf with a hammer - that's worth more than a half dozen others...

"'Oy, Riddlewire, what the hell are you mumbling to yourself over there?"
Riddlewire's head snapped up, eyes widened.  As quickly as the surprise caught him, it melted to anger, and he turned his blackened, furrowed gaze upon Vatek standing a few steps away.  The Guardsman looked nervous, and constantly glanced over his shoulder to the Poison Contrustion slowly rising up to blot out the sky. 
"I'm not mumbling anything," Riddlewire snapped, "I'm taking assessment... of the situation."
"And what have you assessed?"
"Well, we have a dead hammerer."
"That's brilliant!"

Riddlewire bared his teeth, and took a quick pull from his hip flask.  He grimaced, and he wiped his mouth with the back of a hand.  "Fine, ya' jackass.  Look here."
Vatek sidled over, peering down at the mangled, hoof-smashed corpse.  Wavepaddles robe was torn and bloodstained, but it was cut up on in the center, her intestines pulled out and stepped on.  Her face was a mask of horror, and though the top of her head looked caved in from a dread camel, her face was covered in ash, her mouth smeared with berry dye to form a crude smile.

"Here's how it went down," Riddlewire said, his voice low and authoratative, "Between The Duke and his wife, Kuli and his religion, and Stravitch and his insanity, Wavepaddles was constantly bombarded with requests, lies, and idiots.  After years of this, of having her duty stopped at the eleventh hour, of being constantly pushed around, of being of no use during Master Estetar's meetings, she snapped.  Her mind broken, she dressed herself like some tarted up harlequinn, and came out here looking for victims.
"But she didn't find any.  Instead, she found a herd of dread camel.  Oh, she fought vallently, but they tore her down, and ripped her open, and feasted on her insides until she was found and they were destroyed.  And that leaves us now - one hammerer gone, and with a whole lot more good fortune.  And less paperwork for me to fill out."

Vatek listened to this all in silence.  When Riddlewire was finished, he screwed up his mouth and leaned over, plucking a small piece of paper from her chest cavity.  It was stained in blood, but the letters, thick and unsteady black gothic type, had a single sentence scrawled on it:
THIS GIRL LOVES YOU INSIDE-OUT

Vatek held it out to Hikan and smirked.  Aryn's guard snatched it away, and tucked it inside a pocket of his trenchcoat with a growl.  "Now you listen to me, you and I, we're the only ones to know about this.  And you're going to keep it that way.  Whoever stuffed that note in her corpse, they're around here.  And if they think that bumbling story about the damned camels is what I believe, and you confirm it, then they'll get cocky.  They'll make mistakes.  And we'll be able to find them.  As long as you don't go blabbing to everyone about it.  Alright?"

Vatek was about to respond, but Riddlewire leaned over slightly, a wide grin spreading on his face.  "Stravitch seems to be looking for you."

He laughed as Yellowbolted's sunburnt face actually went white, and turned to hurry off towards the construction site, to try and convince the drunk Captain of the Guard he had always been there today.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1603 on: January 07, 2009, 12:57:08 am »

This is awesome. Riddlewire gets to do all the cool stuff, doesn't he? I really like where this is headed.

Journal of Hikan Riddlewire, hidden in the wastes in an unknown location.
Entry for the week of 8th Moonstone, 1067

Hammerer Wavepaddles is the latest in a series of grisly murders. Victims have been disembowled, and their faces smeared with ash and berry dye roughly in the shape of a smile.

Wasn't there an attempt on Stravitch's life a while ago? He had a deep gash across his stomach, like someone was trying to disembowel him. Stravitch didn't seem to mind, or even notice, since, well, he's Stravitch. That he got a severe gash in the first place was a cause of concern.

The list of people who want Stravitch dead is long, but are there any matches between Stravitch's list and the list of people who wanted Hammerer Wavepaddles dead? The only people I can think of are the Zefonists, who would be angry for Kuli's repeated imprisonment by both those parties. With the death of the Duke's immediate family as punishment for the mandates, the picture becomes clear.

Except it loses focus when a stone worker, an innocent bystander in the conflict, is murdered in the same manner as the Hammerer. And I don't see Ass-face (Hikan's nickname for Jools.) or Altar boy (Hikan's nickname for Vash.) disemboweling anybody, though I can't discount them just yet.

No, we're dealing with somebody who knows how to hide and to hide well, only venturing from the shadows to claim his next victim, and his goal seems to be the elimination of the leadership of Migrursut. For what purpose he does this, I don't know. I would recommend Aryn send guards to protect Duke Bomrek and Tax Collector Crowedpages, and maybe Glacies and the rest of Aryn's council, but judging by our killer's skill, we'd likely have two dead bodies instead of one. More importantly, it will tip off our killer that somebody in the guard knows what he's planning.

The sensible solution is to discreetly watch each of Aryn's council, and hopefully, we can catch the killer in the act. This will also get rid of some of those pesky nobles, so a win-win for Migrursut.

Vatek, that mother-loving, no good, dirty, rotten sonofagun discovered the note on Wavepaddles' person that alerted the both of us that the Hammerer's death had been more than a suicide by Dread Camels, and made this chain of reasoning possible. Even though I personally detest the dwarf, he's already in the know, and with his help I can get to the bottom of this twice as fast, and hopefully before the killer's target becomes Aryn.

The problem with this plan is that he's bolted (Ha!) to the ground at the poison pyramid, and I'm in ten different places at once trying to stop this city from imploding in on itself.

That was longer than I planned, and probably longer than is really necessary. But I'm a fan of pedantry, so it's alright, I guess.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Zako

• Bay Watcher
  • YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1604 on: January 07, 2009, 07:34:10 am »

Zako's Diary:

Chaos, utter chaos is the order of the day, week, month, season and probably year too. Its pretty much standard actually.

Anyway, I can use chaos to investigate better.

I'm starting to like it.
Pages: 1 ... 105 106 [107] 108 109 ... 189