Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]

Author Topic: Cracked Mirror  (Read 10833 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Cracked Mirror
« Reply #165 on: September 10, 2024, 07:20:44 pm »

"Duh?  Right then."

Duh? turns to his companions; those still in sight.  "I'm about done here.  We all ready to head out?"

Duh? looks back to the leader then points to the most likely exit.  "That's the way out to the street, Duh?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: September 11, 2024, 03:29:58 am »

Well, presumably that means that I can see better than puny normal humans around here. (Damn, am I already being a ghost-supremacist or something? If that's even what I am. Shit, does that mean I'm dead?)
Therefore, be the lookout. Point out any bad lurking men in the shadows and make alarm sounds so that Hireshite can murder them.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: September 11, 2024, 11:10:58 am »

Celosia shakes his head slowly, then looks up at the woman.  His azure eyes lock onto her own, staring at her intently.

"I am no representative of your god.  Nor are the others.  I do not know what went wrong with your ritual; it was either sabotaged, or it would never have worked as intended at all.  We are tools, in service to vultures.  Our masters have no loyalty to you, and your ritual failed to put any bonds upon us."

He sighs, his tail flicking steadily as his tone mellows out somewhat.  "I, at least, mean you no ill.  I must collect valuables for my vulture, but I will avoid doing harm to you and yours.  The others, I do not know.  They cannot be trusted.  Nor can I, truthfully.  You are not our masters, nor is your god.  Only morality keeps us in check.  Those of us that have them."

He pauses for a second, then stands up and steps out of the way of the door.  "You may go warn your friends.  Be wary of the other summons.  I cannot predict their actions."

Follow the woman if she exits.  Or stay and listen to her questions if she has any.  If she won't talk or leave, don't admit to an inability to open doors, and go curl up in her lap and purr.  Or try to do so, anyway.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: September 11, 2024, 09:12:13 pm »

Taarkara hops onto one of the humans who were summoned with her."I'll fly above you guys to see if there are any potential threats."
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: September 11, 2024, 11:09:24 pm »

Taarkara hops onto one of the humans who were summoned with her."I'll fly above you guys to see if there are any potential threats."

Duh? nods to the bird, aware now no other members of the group are in sight, and extends his arm as a perch as Taarkara swoops towards him.  Soto voice, he replies, "Once we're outside, Duh?  See if it makes sense to try and cross that park or go around."
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: September 12, 2024, 10:51:53 am »

Hireshite pointedly taps her foot a few times.

Look around for patches that seem darker than the rest. Breaks between buildings? Cover of bushes and trees? The house we just left is lit, at least. How about areas on the sides of first floor window? If there are some that may fit for teleportation:

It is not very polite to experiment with someone like that without permission, but it is better to make sure before having to rely on something.

“I will try a little something now. Do not be scared if we suddenly appear somewhere else.”

Grabbing the doll a little tighter, try out the following. Just carefully.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Generally, loiter near the right closest entrance to park, waiting for Duh and company.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2024, 10:53:36 am by MCreeper »
Rest of the sigs
The helicopter is rent apart by the collision, its steel unable to resist its inevitable reunion with the ground, and the meat within is smashed by the crumpling cockpit beyond any practical hope of recovery. What comes up, must come down again. Ore and ape, returned to mother planet's embrace.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: September 12, 2024, 11:08:12 am »

Duh? nods to the bird, aware now no other members of the group are in sight, and extends his arm as a perch as Taarkara swoops towards him.  Soto voice, he replies, "Once we're outside, Duh?  See if it makes sense to try and cross that park or go around."
"Alright." When Duh? walks outside, Taarkara flies ahead to see if it is safe to cross the park or go around it.
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12]