Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Murder Time!  (Read 5340 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Murder Time!
« Reply #75 on: May 02, 2024, 07:49:41 pm »

Duh! sings to this miracle worker,

"You have healed me up!
You somehow fixed a head back on me
And got me here not underground!

Y'know, that's a thought
Was a head I claimed - I did exclaim
I sundered it before I fell...

'Fore I fell...

I went down so fast
I barely marked where that head had rolled
Then mine was off and now, consoled

So, yeah - I wear it now?
That other head, it was swankin' rad
If I wear it now I won't be sad

I won't be sad."

((Parody of this parody:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COtvEKBKpkA))

A struggle to sit up, then, succeed or fail and prolly still all jelled up, Duh! asks,

"So, who are you, lady?  And, Duh!, like, what's goin' on?  Whatcha want and what do I owe for your services and please tell me I do got a swank robot head now?  And other stuff.  Tell me whatever the stuff, maybe so I can be less, dunno, Duh! ?"
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2024, 06:51:21 pm »

Before I attempt anything classy, can I ask if first aid's even possible?  I have an awesome sticky rope that could probably bind a wound closed, and I've got a hand I can clap to a wound and attempt to staunch bleeding.  There's pressure points for arteries as well, can perhaps stop the bleeding that way.

Is any of that potentially an option?

Also, dang.  Heavy armor for the win!  I must remember to place all my major arteries inside it if there is a future, Duh!

it is possible, but will be really hard.  I guess you could possibly use your rope, but keep in mind not all wounds will result in blood flow, and might not be able to be patched that way.  Your armor will also attempt to use nanites and stimms to slow the bleeding and knit the flesh back together.  It's great that way.  ((That's what the Damage Save represents, and why you get one every round.))

Duh Damage Save: (Autofail)
completely ignoring the danger

I'm clueless, thought I was specifically instructed that 'first aid' was auto and my armor would handle for me.

Off I go, if I'm supposed to do more anyone do whatever I'm supposed to do.

HP is a measure of your ability to remain standing after a series of light flesh wounds.  The armor’s first aid is, for example, why bleeding and stuff only lasts one round.  It’s also what helps you get up after you finally take a serious wound (reach 0HP), you can get up if you make a damage save.  However, it can’t do much if you get your head knocked off.  (Or, if you want a rules explanation, you took 8 damage after applying armor, had 4HP left, reducing you to zero and having the excess roll over to SP.  The standard 1SP action cost brought your SP down to 0, and, since your HP was also zero, you died.  The head-knocked-off stuff was really just for fluff.)

@Lenglon
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2024, 06:56:50 pm »

"BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD!"

BLOOD BLOOD BLOOD
Use 2 stamina! Slash it open! Drink its oil!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 06, 2024, 09:16:25 am »

I will PM the Canadian Kitten and a1s if their actions aren’t in by Tuesday.
We're talking about partially sapient undead spaghetti here, you can probably instruct it to only strangle specific diners.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 06, 2024, 07:03:54 pm »

Sorry, is currently on a vacation trip with no wifi. Just gotten back internet and will post sometimes later when I can

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 07, 2024, 10:03:48 pm »

Spoiler: Aywen Ayes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: action (click to show/hide)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 07, 2024, 11:51:15 pm »

Strike Robot Head with Pike and expend 1 SP

Spoiler: Joinkers (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 08, 2024, 11:40:25 am »

Just to clarify, does that mean you are expending 1 SP in addition to the usual 1-SP-per-turn expenditure, or are you only expending 1 SP total?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 08, 2024, 03:31:12 pm »

Just to clarify, does that mean you are expending 1 SP in addition to the usual 1-SP-per-turn expenditure, or are you only expending 1 SP total?
1 additional sp to the expenditure, sorry for confusion

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 16, 2024, 09:12:39 am »

Turn 5

Spoiler: Red Team Only (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Blue Team Only (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Green Team Only (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Differences (click to show/hide)

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 16, 2024, 09:40:12 am »

Spoiler: Red Team Action (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lelia (click to show/hide)
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2024, 12:20:02 pm »

"Duh!

So, robot stuff, D.A.V.E. - wanna drop me off back by my partner then?  Or... gimme a target right there?  If you want me ripping robots up, seems we got some nice robot stuff here.  Wanna give me some gear back, so I can provide some better entertainment again?"

No Duh! but he tenses a bit as he says that.  He's remembering his mortality, immortality... ripping robot parts up sounds good, makes sense at least.

If Duh! does see something that seems 'robot' which he thinks he can actually attack in his befuddled, mechanically controlled, gummed up, and no-equipment state, he attacks it.  Otherwise, he waits for some clue what he's supposed, or allowed, to do next.

Spoiler: Duh! (click to show/hide)

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2024, 12:54:56 pm »

"Duh!

So, robot stuff, D.A.V.E. - wanna drop me off back by my partner then?  Or... gimme a target right there?  If you want me ripping robots up, seems we got some nice robot stuff here.  Wanna give me some gear back, so I can provide some better entertainment again?"

No Duh! but he tenses a bit as he says that.  He's remembering his mortality, immortality... ripping robot parts up sounds good, makes sense at least.

If Duh! does see something that seems 'robot' which he thinks he can actually attack in his befuddled, mechanically controlled, gummed up, and no-equipment state, he attacks it.  Otherwise, he waits for some clue what he's supposed, or allowed, to do next.

It's the same as at the start of your first mission. 

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 16, 2024, 01:16:54 pm »

It's the same as at the start of your first mission.

... Equipment and all?  Duh!

Target acquired.  My mission doesn't say which robot to kill, and this is a self-identified robot.

I spend a moment going Duh! after realizing I have gear, then draw sword and hack at what is around and appears robotic!  Which is surely many things in sight and in likely sword reach!   I'll see if I can stand up as I draw my blade, since I was just deposited in a chair.

Maybe if I mess stuff up here enough, the robot my partner faces may go inactive!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]