Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20

Author Topic: Mafia Heist: End of the line. Town Win  (Read 10997 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Heist: A short and simple mafia game. (5/7)
« Reply #180 on: February 21, 2024, 02:20:18 pm »

I do not believe for a second that NJW is anything other than town. They could've switched off from Quarque but didn't. I read them as telling the truth about their investigations so I think that Oliverz is the thief. If game doesn't end there, we should eliminate NJW or Maximum Spin.
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: February 21, 2024, 03:48:48 pm »

NJW, no, I genuinely think that Tric would have noticed if he had put in a totally unusable cop power, and would not have done it on purpose. I know he's made some bad design decisions before, but that's not in the same league.

As to whether you and I could both be scum cooperating (scenario 1), sure, that's within Tric's wheelhouse, but I don't think that's the argument you wanted to make?

Now that I've reinterpreted this as a soloscum Quarque + 3p thief game, I could see reasonable universes where any of you could be the thief, but frankly, if it's NJW2000, I'm really proud of him and he deserves this win. Boldly buddying me and then accusing the most suspicious player of being yourself is exactly the kind of play I want to see from a player who usually idles as scum.

If it's one of sofanthiel or Crymea who's a redirector, whatever, this setup must be even nuttier than I already think, when - if sofanthiel really is a tracker - three of us were set up to catch Imp instead of the actual mafia.

I didn't act yesterday nor the day before because I was saving my shots.
Since it looks like the game is probably over, would you mind claiming what you can actually do? We have almost everybody's claims now.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: February 21, 2024, 04:01:15 pm »

I have an empty gun from my father,
I can become a double voter for a day,
and I can clear someone of framing but it is out of shots.
she/her

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: February 21, 2024, 04:04:12 pm »

Sooo... Max. If you think it's soloscum quarque + a thief, then who would be the framer that keeps getting mentioned in roleflips?
One wheel short of a wagon

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: February 21, 2024, 04:20:07 pm »

The thief since we haven't seen oliverz's roleflip
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: February 21, 2024, 04:46:33 pm »

Sooo... Max. If you think it's soloscum quarque + a thief, then who would be the framer that keeps getting mentioned in roleflips?
That's almost certainly the thief's ability, since thiefing is what we are supposed to be looking for. It wouldn't logically fit with Quarque's powerset at all.

If I were a mafia godfather/framer - seriously, I don't think Tric is that bad at game design - then I would have framed the guy I specifically told you to target, and you would have inspected Oliverz as mafia (unless we're talking about that bizarre frame-as-3p power you mentioned, which would be awfully weird for a mafia member to have, but whatever). If you think I'm really the thief as a framer, that would mean once again that everyone you were supposed to be able to find was unfindable to you as a cop, which is just unreasonably cruel to believe Tric would do. I am not going to seriously indulge either of these possibilities. I know you find me naturally suspicious but please just stop being paranoid. I consider you essentially locktown and I think if we work together we can easily win this, but I'm afraid you're going to blow it on me.

I want you to seriously think about how differently Quarque and I would have played if we were both magic unfindable mind-control mafia. Don't be like Imp and just give in to the temptation to say "crazy Max might do anything!", you know I only do things that I think are actually a good idea. I don't just completely gimp myself for no reason at all out of some kind of random whimsy. And no I don't do things JUST for WIFOM if it doesn't actually BENEFIT ME.
And by the way, if I was really teamed with Quarque I would have known that Imp was telling the truth, so pushing so hard yesterday would have been just stupid and wasteful. Sure, Imp was accusing me, but nobody else was listening! We both know that I enjoy taking my biggest accusers to LYLO sometimes. That was 100% me as town trying to remove a player who would end up blowing the game in the clutch regardless of whether that player is town or scum.

Continuing to operate from the assumption that Tric did not completely screw you over for kicks, I'm guessing that the thief frames but is not itself a godfather, so that you actually have someone to find. That means Oliverz could reasonably just be the actual thief, but given that we repeatedly talked about inspecting Oliverz yesterday, it's probably worth considering that it could just be Crystal or sofanthiel. It would be nice if sofanthiel would also fullclaim.
The great news is that if you actually accept me as town, NJW, we literally have enough time between us to systematically lynch everyone else until we win. I realize expecting that much trust from you is never going to happen, NJW, but I still hope you somehow can surprise me. I'm willing to extend that much trust to you even though I don't know you're not also the thief.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: February 21, 2024, 04:46:55 pm »

i copped Sofanthiel and got "The Auctioneer" as a result.
Dear @sofanthiel please confirm this.
While I will confirm the validity of this information, I don't consider it to be absolving you of suspicion in any way.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: February 21, 2024, 05:23:09 pm »

Hmm... I'm probably not going to be awake until five hours before the deadline. I trust Sofa here. I'm neutral on CM.

Despite finding it very difficult to trust Max, especially when he says stuff like

The great news is that if you actually accept me as town, NJW, we literally have enough time between us to systematically lynch everyone else until we win.

Right now, my vote's on Oliverz, though I won't put that in red due to the strong possibility of someone hammering before I wake up tomorrow.

Trying to justify themselves as town on the basis of a mechanical power, and immediate vote on me in self-defence when we know there's framers from a flip... some of what they do seems fairly likely to come from town, but a fair bit just seems to be non-town self-preservation.

I'm going to try to mostly ignore mechanics... feel like I'm going down some garden paths.
Hmm... I seem to remember Max is pretty ok at coaching, so the thing with Quarque only happens if Quarq posts a poor attack and loses hope D1.

Max: you never replied to me here:

Max: Deja vu much?

Imp: have we left RVS?

Quarque: how confident are you about the CrystallisedMire vote?

Any particular reason why not?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: February 21, 2024, 05:26:52 pm »

Max: you never replied to me here:

Max: Deja vu much?

Imp: have we left RVS?

Quarque: how confident are you about the CrystallisedMire vote?

Any particular reason why not?
I had no idea what you meant, and I quickly forgot about it and never bothered to ask. What did you mean?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: February 21, 2024, 05:30:27 pm »

Basically that Quarque made a quite clearly confected attack on someone very early D1, much sooner than you'd expect them to have a strong read. Deja Vu in that it was very similar to the Armed Forces 2 game.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: February 21, 2024, 05:33:52 pm »

Basically that Quarque made a quite clearly confected attack on someone very early D1, much sooner than you'd expect them to have a strong read. Deja Vu in that it was very similar to the Armed Forces 2 game.
Ah. Yeah, I did get that impression, yes. If you'd explained at the time I probably would have said so. If you read my d1, actually, I think you can pretty clearly see that I was lagging with responses - I wasn't in good sorts that day.

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: February 22, 2024, 12:37:26 am »

That's almost certainly the thief's ability, since thiefing is what we are supposed to be looking for. It wouldn't logically fit with Quarque's powerset at all.

If I were a mafia godfather/framer - seriously, I don't think Tric is that bad at game design - then I would have framed the guy I specifically told you to target, and you would have inspected Oliverz as mafia (unless we're talking about that bizarre frame-as-3p power you mentioned, which would be awfully weird for a mafia member to have, but whatever). If you think I'm really the thief as a framer, that would mean once again that everyone you were supposed to be able to find was unfindable to you as a cop, which is just unreasonably cruel to believe Tric would do. I am not going to seriously indulge either of these possibilities. I know you find me naturally suspicious but please just stop being paranoid. I consider you essentially locktown and I think if we work together we can easily win this, but I'm afraid you're going to blow it on me.

I want you to seriously think about how differently Quarque and I would have played if we were both magic unfindable mind-control mafia. Don't be like Imp and just give in to the temptation to say "crazy Max might do anything!", you know I only do things that I think are actually a good idea. I don't just completely gimp myself for no reason at all out of some kind of random whimsy. And no I don't do things JUST for WIFOM if it doesn't actually BENEFIT ME.
And by the way, if I was really teamed with Quarque I would have known that Imp was telling the truth, so pushing so hard yesterday would have been just stupid and wasteful. Sure, Imp was accusing me, but nobody else was listening! We both know that I enjoy taking my biggest accusers to LYLO sometimes. That was 100% me as town trying to remove a player who would end up blowing the game in the clutch regardless of whether that player is town or scum.

Continuing to operate from the assumption that Tric did not completely screw you over for kicks, I'm guessing that the thief frames but is not itself a godfather, so that you actually have someone to find. That means Oliverz could reasonably just be the actual thief, but given that we repeatedly talked about inspecting Oliverz yesterday, it's probably worth considering that it could just be Crystal or sofanthiel. It would be nice if sofanthiel would also fullclaim.
The great news is that if you actually accept me as town, NJW, we literally have enough time between us to systematically lynch everyone else until we win. I realize expecting that much trust from you is never going to happen, NJW, but I still hope you somehow can surprise me. I'm willing to extend that much trust to you even though I don't know you're not also the thief.

i dont like this post at all.
Yesterday you said that You voted Imp because of your alleged "red check", now apparently it is because you didnt want to have him in lylo (the game could have ended yesterday already, tho!)

Max

I dont trust NJW's results already, as i know that it was wrong once, it is perhaps wrong again. I am now going to work and wont be able to play, so this is my vote for the day.
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

Oliverz144

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2024, 12:50:24 am »

I think i might be the lynch today. Here is my legacy:
This might be 4t + 2w + 1-3p
or 5t +2w
Or (for me unlikely) 5t +1w +1 3p
SOLVE the mechanical nightmare we have.
Keep a look at CM and his strange unacting role.
Get MAX to a coherent, hard, fullclaim!
Dont trust NJW with the perhaps next "result"

after i die, there might be only 2 town left. Find each other and win please.

Thank You
Correct my english! May Christ bless You!

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: February 22, 2024, 12:57:09 am »

I'm fairly certain Oliver is our thief.  I considered impelling a Maximum Splynch if Imp's alibi turned out to be truthful because the latter protecting NJW, thus preventing the first murder, seemed like a strong argument, but the recent developments on top of the fact that the mafia have yet to kill a single person support the hypothesis that Oliver is the main antagonist, at least in my processing unit.  Something that'd be helpful to figure out is whether any of us had an opportunity to employ the hinted-at frame ability.  Spin couldn't have used it on Oliver yesterday and had previously claimed to have targeted Imp the day before--a yet-to-be-confirmed element.  Here's what I propose: we execute Oliver, and NJW spends the evening investigating me; if I also turn up as a thief, Max is the one who planted all that evidence and framed the people he paid visits to.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: February 22, 2024, 01:01:46 am »

NJW, when you conduct your inspections, do you receive the role name or alignment as the result?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 20