Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58999 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #1935 on: February 07, 2024, 09:58:14 pm »

OK, Tric, here's the thing: I don't want to claim my spheres in case scum have another sphere guy. I've already claimed every part of my role except my auto, and claiming that would be anti-town. I'll fullclaim if I need to but I'm not going to do it just to satisfy you.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1936 on: February 07, 2024, 09:59:59 pm »

In fact, if I'm right about FoU being scum, then scum do have another sphere guy.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1937 on: February 07, 2024, 10:00:03 pm »

-(night) Accelerate (flux, meta, slow, cascade, overpowered, improvement)

Not so much a question as an observation.  This is Max's ability that didn't duplicate - or something happened to the duplication, the #2, which he actually claimed he had.  So maybe there's a non-FoU scumbuddy with a day ability that was able to take the copy.

[one shot](Limitation)(Flux)(Meta)(Mutation)(Cascade)(Overpowered) New Sketch Idea [blue sphere]: Name a blue sphere. Everyone with that sphere has one of their abilities with it permanently mutated into a different ability based around a random blue sphere and the non-mutated spheres that ability had. This can transform actions in progress. This has no impact on [items]. The mafiakill is untargetable. If this ability successfully mutates, it is transformed into an ability which combines all the new spheres it had just created.

Slow and improvement are two abilities that could be duped by dup to trigger a duplicate of FoU's accelerate, based on FoU's claim (CM or anyone else can counterclaim) and would not dup Max's ability.

Max was really interested when I talked about slow being corrupted, that murderer who needs a sphere to target wanted to know about those spheres up there around that, what I was talking about.

So I see possible:

FoU used duplicate to try and hunt for people with spheres 'safe' for Max to target.

OR

Max, maybe thinking this confusion would happen, had scumbuddy not FoU with a day ability able to steal the copy, so it looks like FoU lied, and counted on someone noticing and thinking scummy (Or just tried to save the ability, it's useful for the other teammate)

OR

Something I totally don't understand happened to prevent or remove the copy.

But if FoU targeted Overpowered, then Max should flip with New Sketch Idea #2, but for whatever reason didn't.  I asked nqt if that was a mistake, it's not.  We see the error-free flip.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1938 on: February 07, 2024, 10:00:56 pm »

Batter don the hatches.

Fal, I assume lynches don't count as dying?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1939 on: February 07, 2024, 10:02:37 pm »

But for example, FoU loses those abilities, they're in other people's hands.

So if FoU is mafia, Max can safely target those abilities that he doesn't himself have, won't hit him or her, if they can get kills off with Max's mafiakill.

Thank you all for saving me from that scum.  If that's the scumteam, they knew I had the dup and they know whatever FoU actually targeted.

If FoU's innocent, that's far less scary and certain.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1940 on: February 07, 2024, 10:03:25 pm »

Yes, executions do count as dying.

I imagine Butterfly Integration randomly chose one of the spheres Spin had that it already had, and thus gained nothing. Unlucky if so.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1941 on: February 07, 2024, 10:05:41 pm »

... Hey. Elephant Parade. Where was your vote yesterday? I'm curious.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1942 on: February 07, 2024, 10:06:18 pm »

I'm fairly sure I didn't vote a single time, though I'd have voted for MS if the outcome had been in any doubt.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1943 on: February 07, 2024, 10:06:51 pm »

I'm fairly sure I didn't vote a single time, though I'd have voted for MS if the outcome had been in any doubt.
K, who did you vote day 1? And why?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1944 on: February 07, 2024, 10:08:10 pm »

If y'all are thinking my role seems pretty useless, then yes, maybe that's what I get for taking five red spheres.

I thought it would be funny, though.

You have overpowered.

I do not think anyone overpowered can be useless.  You just need us to use your abilities and keep changing spheres for you so you get the 'rest' of your stuff.  You have slow, so you have to be unlocked or need time.  You don't even necessarily know what your role is, the new thing to come, unless an auto or something tells you.

That said, for having overpowered, the roleflip I see for MS looks... I don't know.  Not overpowered - but he also didn't get through many nights, and who knows how that ability keeps transforming or what it really did N1, if it didn't do what he claimed and free FoU.

Also, it sure looks like Max used mafiakill, which is not free.

The ability we see in Max's flip is not free.

It could have been free N1, and he could have used it on FoU, it mutates into N2's form, which isn't free.  I can't rule that out.

But FoU could have never had the 'I die thing', FoU could be mafia partner and this all a plan to cover Max so he could kill Qua with his special mafiakill.

I don't know.  But it looks possible.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1945 on: February 07, 2024, 10:12:02 pm »

K, who did you vote day 1? And why?
I voted Crystallizedmire because I felt like she was sheeping me too hard, sofanthiel because he seemed completely disengaged, and then CM again because sofanthiel's lynch seemed like a done deal and I thought CM was way more likely to be scum than webadict.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1946 on: February 07, 2024, 10:12:27 pm »

It is way too late in the day to be playing bait the sus.

One of the electors, a sentient swamp contained in a glowing orb, comes under suspicion, but would the Crystalizedmire be first to leave?

Vote Count — Day 1
- Crystalizedmire - [4] Elephant Parade, webadict, Maximum Spin, Toonyman
- Elephant Parade
- Euchrejack - [1] Sofanthiel,
- FallacyofUrist -   
- Imp -
- Quarque -  [2] FallacyofUrist, Euchrejack
- Maximum Spin - [1] Quarque
- NJW2000 -
- Sofanthiel -
- Toonyman -
- TricMagic - 
- Webadict - [2] Imp, Crystalizedmire,
- No Elimination

Current Possible Eliminations: Crystalizedmire

Hammer at 7 votes. Day ends 1st February 11am GMT, in approximately 20.3 hours.
Long story short, not a vote on max or web. You're also correct that you weren't voting anyone day 2.

First!

Well, I got exactly what I asked for, I have to say. My condolences to everyone else.

All of you scare me a bit, just going by the baseline power level of this game, judging by my own role.

Except you, EuchreJack. I will sheep you Day 1 if you ask nicely.
This would be my defense of Fal role reveal. So. Elephant better get Jack hunting I guess? Bed.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1947 on: February 07, 2024, 10:16:40 pm »

Perfect, thanks Tric!
First!

Well, I got exactly what I asked for, I have to say. My condolences to everyone else.

All of you scare me a bit, just going by the baseline power level of this game, judging by my own role.

Except you, EuchreJack. I will sheep you Day 1 if you ask nicely.

If y'all are thinking my role seems pretty useless, then yes, maybe that's what I get for taking five red spheres.

I thought it would be funny, though.

So, FoU.

You see your role start of D1.

You say what you say.  Now you say what you say.

Is there a discrepency?  If so... explain it?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1948 on: February 07, 2024, 10:17:32 pm »

I would rather Imp didn't end up with either of the knives. In the universe where FoU flips town (lol) and the game doesn't end, Imp is my top SK pick and a plausible second scumteam pick.

Quote from: Tric
Long story short, not a vote on max or web. You're also correct that you weren't voting anyone day 2.
Yes. I townread Max and Web D1.

This would be my defense of Fal role reveal. So. Elephant better get Jack hunting I guess? Bed.
I don't get your meaning here.

FoU: This is the first we've heard that you weren't specifically EJ's lover. Why conceal that?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1949 on: February 07, 2024, 10:20:41 pm »

FoU: This is the first we've heard that you weren't specifically EJ's lover. Why conceal that?

Because I figured it'd be nice to deceive the scum players into thinking EuchreJack's death would mean mine, post Day 1.

So, FoU.

You see your role start of D1.

You say what you say.  Now you say what you say.

Is there a discrepency?  If so... explain it?

Powerful and useful are not the same thing.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.
Pages: 1 ... 128 129 [130] 131 132 ... 153