Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58149 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - Who died?
« Reply #1860 on: February 07, 2024, 08:14:33 pm »

Hm, didn't Max strongly suggest that the game would continue after his death? It could be a ploy, but that either suggests that he has one more teammate, or...

notquitethere: In the event that there is more than one mafia team, would the teams be aware that another team exists?
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1861 on: February 07, 2024, 08:14:58 pm »

As per Imp's request, I'll stay silent till they say so. For at least 12 hours. Unless Imp says they are fine with me speaking my mind. What say you?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1862 on: February 07, 2024, 08:16:52 pm »

Granted, 4 scum, 1 third party, and 7 town would be an absurd setup, but edge cases are still worth checking. More likely there's one scum left.

The question is still worth asking, though.

Or it could be 2 scum, 2 third parties, and 8 town, but that seems...

Fuck, I don't know. Why would Spin say the game would go on, in that case?

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1863 on: February 07, 2024, 08:16:59 pm »

As per Imp's request, I'll stay silent till they say so. For at least 12 hours. Unless Imp says they are fine with me speaking my mind. What say you?

Yes, no secrets.  I apologize.  I didn't do anything 'weird' last night involving you, nothing odd or inexplicable happening to you was me.  Normal stuff, sure, I'll confirm after you say whatever you choose.  Unless you're concerned about me, then I'll say what I did involving you so you can confirm or not.

Thanks for reminding me!
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1864 on: February 07, 2024, 08:21:02 pm »

However, we can confirm that I did use Duplicate on Overpowered. You have the ability itself. What spheres does your ability that was duplicated have?

Sadly, while it has 'overpowered', it has other spheres too.  If it was 'overpowered' as its only sphere, then it's 100% for sure what was targeted to dup it.

My only reason to say 'umm, I think this is scummy' is based on all factors we know, everyone alive who has 'overpowered' on them N1 should have gained a dup.

However, I can think of 2 reasons why maybe this isn't FoU being Mafia.  Unvote, but I'm concerned and want everyone thinking about this, because this could be FoU.

But, two other possible outcomes.

One is Max, who asked if anyone else wanted to be changed too, changed himself as well as the innocent FoU (but also mafiakilled?  or we have another kill/mafiakill that can use the sphere to kill, I'll confirm the sphere used tonight unless I agree to trade the glass to someone else.  I'd rather keep it than trade it, but we'll see what happens).

But if Max changed a sphere, maybe the same one as FoU, or someone else changed his sphere, N1, so he gained overpowered then - FoU's dup wouldn't have dupped him, because he wasn't overpowered then.

Except, we see his chosen spheres.

Maximum Spin was eliminated. Maximum Spin was mafia.

[spoiler=Maximum Spin]
The game where the r[u/o]les are made up and the points don't matter.
Meta, mutation, flux, cascade, overpowered.

nqt, is it possible for a player to have their original chosen spheres change, and if so, would their roleflip show their change?

If I picked spheres A, B, C and by the time I roleflip my spheres on my abilities have changed to A, B, D, what shows on my flip?

My other idea, requires someone with a day ability, since my dup appeared start of D2, so N1 ability wouldn't make it happen...

But a D2 ability could maybe steal, scrub, whatever make disappear, Max's second copy.  But based on everything claimed, and what I see proof of myself, Max should have roleflipped with a second copy of that non-mafiakill ability.  If overpowered was targeted, and nothing else we don't know about made it stop.

Max even claimed he had a dup happen, for whatever word of a scum matters.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1865 on: February 07, 2024, 08:25:24 pm »

I have EP's lost yellow emerald

My DM had a typo.  I was wondering why it was yellow.  That has been corrected to turquoise, not yellow.  I was going to calmly wait for NJW to say if they gave the emerald for some reason or something.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1866 on: February 07, 2024, 08:28:01 pm »

OK I'm bored of waiting for claims now. After MS flipped scum, Toonyman said in the Town Hall that he figured it was Fallacyofurist, which made me look through their post history. I found something really weird. FoU starts out tunneling MS, with a momentary break to vote Quarque. Here is a selection of posts where they tunnel MS:

I refuse.

Maximum Spin. (Sorry, please don't kill me.)
You swear weird.

Contribute more or I'll find a way to daykill you, I swear to Ea-Nasir.
If Jack dies, so do I. So uh, I'm pretty reluctant to let him die unless we're totally sure he's scum. And so far, he's played totally townie, even with the lack of energy, but meta tells are half-garbage anyways.

(As far as I know, if I die, the same doesn't happen to him, though, it's purely a one-way self-destructive relationship.)
Isn't this just a reason for me to switch to you?

Sure, sure, vote me if you wish, I still think you're scum. Since Toony's read on you is baffling to me, I think it could be you and Toony. Whether there's a third member, or it's a two teams of two situation, I don't know yet.

Okay, Fal.  Now, are you willing to discuss how/why?

is this an auto, an item, something else?

Auto. I'd rather not share my exact spheres, since I imagine there will be abilities that target based on them, but, well, you can probably guess.
Fight me, I don't think you've done a single thing that makes me think you're town, Maximum Spin.
You know, it does occur to me, though.

Fallacy, if you really have such an auto, you could tell me a relevant sphere on it. I could potentially change it to something else that might be less destructive.
It must most likely be a "vulnerability" sphere, right? Does anyone else have a "vulnerability" sphere ability? I'm not trying to rolefish here, but I could potentially handle this.

That would require me to trust you.

Yet what have you accomplished for the Town today? ... well, more than you were doing at the start of the day, at least. I can give you that.

Fine, I'll bite, if only to get more information out of you. What exactly are you proposing?
Posting from phone.

Jack's frustrated reaction feels pretty town to me. Keep in mind that pressure doesn't just come from votes, Toony.

I would prefer Max / Quarque over Max / Crystal, but I have to admit I'm feeling a little selfish, because if his claim is true I can get my vulnerability cleaned off and remove the possibility of scum getting to doublekill town, again assuming my read on Jack is accurate.

That, and Max's level of contribution has pretty heavily increased since early and mid day, so I'm feeling more lenient.

Quarque / Toony or Quarque / Crystal, final answer.

But that's it. After that, unless I missed something, they don't question him, they don't go after him, they don't do nothing. I get that they were hypertunneling other players, I get that their read on MS changed, but it's beyond bizarre to me to start out hypertunneling someone and then never question them again for the rest of the game. Can you explain what's going on here?

I have EP's lost yellow emerald

My DM had a typo.  I was wondering why it was yellow.  That has been corrected to turquoise, not yellow.  I was going to calmly wait for NJW to say if they gave the emerald for some reason or something.
Yes, mine had the same typo.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1867 on: February 07, 2024, 08:30:12 pm »

However, we can confirm that I did use Duplicate on Overpowered. You have the ability itself. What spheres does your ability that was duplicated have?

Sadly, while it has 'overpowered', it has other spheres too.  If it was 'overpowered' as its only sphere, then it's 100% for sure what was targeted to dup it.

I'm guessing you don't have Accelerate #2 or Accelerate?

1: You should be able to confirm that a duped copy goes by the naming scheme of '#2'.

2: Some other players should have Accelerate #2 and Accelerate. They can confirm the spheres of those are the same as the spheres of Duplicate.

3: The presence of Accelerate #2 should confirm that Accelerate was Duplicated.

4: The set of spheres that I could have targeted during Night 1 with Duplicate is limited to the intersection of the sets of spheres belonging to each confirmed Duplicated action.

... of course, all of this is kinda irrelevant if there's some remaining scum who can automatically rob graves or something like that. Or redact roleflips. I'd assume something like that wouldn't be possible, but you can ask NQT if you want to cover all our bases.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1868 on: February 07, 2024, 08:31:22 pm »

notquitethere: In the event that there is more than one mafia team, would the teams be aware that another team exists?
As in previous games, scum would know if there was another rival team. Their team was named Mafia Team A, Mafia Team B etc.

nqt, is it possible for a player to have their original chosen spheres change, and if so, would their roleflip show their change?
Role names, alignments and sphere picks are not aspects of a role that I would have abilities interfere with.

I'm asleep now, so any other questions and vote counts will be in 8+ hours.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1869 on: February 07, 2024, 08:31:44 pm »

Yes, no secrets.  I apologize.  I didn't do anything 'weird' last night involving you, nothing odd or inexplicable happening to you was me.  Normal stuff, sure, I'll confirm after you say whatever you choose.  Unless you're concerned about me, then I'll say what I did involving you so you can confirm or not.

Thanks for reminding me!
Well, I had nothing happen last night. Rather boring honestly.
I might suggest a No Lynch day. Given the fruit, we can probably tell Max did the N1 kill? Need to analyze the night claims to look for contradictions.

If we do Lynch, it's not going to be early. I'll refrain from crowing I was right about Max given I just used method of elimination to help sus things out.

Imp, given it's late and bedtime, think you can make a post with claimed actions/roles and minimal words? As a single post, then a second for anything you want to point out after the fact. Or just use this.

[ h r ]

Compress that BBC code by removing the spaces. Or just click the button that looks like two arrows on a line to insert one to frame the data from the speculation.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1870 on: February 07, 2024, 08:32:00 pm »

But that's it. After that, unless I missed something, they don't question him, they don't go after him, they don't do nothing. I get that they were hypertunneling other players, I get that their read on MS changed, but it's beyond bizarre to me to start out hypertunneling someone and then never question them again for the rest of the game. Can you explain what's going on here?

I assumed he was town after he fixed my ability, and was focused more on other players? I haven't questioned CM, or you, or Imp, or Jack, either.

I'm not good at juggling.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1871 on: February 07, 2024, 08:33:19 pm »

I can say it is extremely likely Max/webadict were teamed together. It makes little sense otherwise.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1872 on: February 07, 2024, 08:33:40 pm »

I assumed he was town after he fixed my ability, and was focused more on other players? I haven't questioned CM, or you, or Imp, or Jack, either.

I'm not good at juggling.
You didn't start out tunneling us. I don't buy it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1873 on: February 07, 2024, 08:36:36 pm »

Well, I had nothing happen last night. Rather boring honestly.

Interesting.  Well, you should have received the Airsoft Rifle.

I wonder where it ended up.  But you were targeted to receive it.  I have confirmation it left me.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1874 on: February 07, 2024, 08:38:12 pm »

Shrugs.

I don't have an answer for you.

I can say it is extremely likely Max/webadict were teamed together. It makes little sense otherwise.

Yeah, considering Day 1's execution of sofanthiel, that makes a ton of sense.

Pages: 1 ... 123 124 [125] 126 127 ... 153