Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59277 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1290 on: February 02, 2024, 07:40:20 pm »

Eh, don't answer. Pretty clear you're in that area, but don't need specifics.
Mostly asking if a "Just in Case" scenario appears. Paranoia.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: February 02, 2024, 07:40:36 pm »

Toony, check how many Kill Spheres are in this game. That's useful information in telling how many killers there are outside mafiakills. If you don't, good luck guessing.
I was going to check Setup Knowledge to see if anybody has been hiding the fact they know stuff about the setup and haven't told us.

I am considering Kill though.

I support any pro-town choice you make.  Setup knowledge might be quite useful, and I don't know what else you can check out.

I do not know who used whatever protects last night, however we had only 1 death, and I didn't use any protects.  We may not have a lot of kill, I don't know.  Also, kill may not work as expected, if, like, Tric picked kill and day and ended up with the self-limiting oneshot, while that's kill, it's also maybe (or maybe not) the kinda kill I am especially concerned about.

For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: February 02, 2024, 07:42:11 pm »

Eh, don't answer. Pretty clear you're in that area, but don't need specifics.
Mostly asking if a "Just in Case" scenario appears. Paranoia.

Mmm.  Protecting folks is in my interest, and it's my preference.

If you want to throw a hypothetical for me to think about so I consider not doing something, good idea, I'm listening.  I still haven't quite reached my millionth question of nqt yet today.  But I can only ask about stuff I can think of.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 02, 2024, 07:49:24 pm »

I'll point out imitation, convolution. I did pick that particular trick through synergy.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: February 02, 2024, 07:58:46 pm »

Just to be clear, I used up my old ability and now have a new ability which is stronger but more potentially disruptive. Which I'm definitely going to use. So let me know about whatever pesky spheres you want gone.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: February 02, 2024, 07:59:55 pm »

If you can clean my kill ability of all negatives..

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: February 02, 2024, 08:09:14 pm »

Honestly Toony, knowing people Know about setup just seems like a waste of action. Meanwhile if you look at who has a Kill, you can determine if someone is hiding a kill in their pocket. That tells us there is probably another third party around. Or if there isn't one and the bible page only draws the mafia.

Do we have any reason to think folks with 'kill' are of any particular alignment?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: February 02, 2024, 08:34:55 pm »

Nope, but none have come forward, today or yesterday. Which means it's being hidden. That's not the most townie of behavior. I can understand keeping it secret and hidden Day 1, and with the page in play Day 2. But you can't plan around a sudden kill. It's more likely someone having a kill sphere and not revealing it is TP. (Or Mafia. Since someone could pick the kill sphere, get recruited for mafia, and have their role reflect that.)

Knowing another Kill is in play also offers some safety in planning, since we can see it coming. Knowing there is only 1 (mine) means town doesn't need to worry about day kills and night kills, other than more standardish mafiakills.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: February 02, 2024, 08:47:29 pm »

If you can clean my kill ability of all negatives..

Knowing another Kill is in play also offers some safety in planning, since we can see it coming. Knowing there is only 1 (mine) means town doesn't need to worry about day kills and night kills, other than more standardish mafiakills.

Until tonight, perhaps ;)

Any change of your reads?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: February 02, 2024, 08:52:15 pm »

I guess, more specifically.  Do you want the chance of a 'cleaner kill' enough that you think you'd be opposed to a Max lynch?

Us finding real scum probably matters.  Fun as it is to make plans for the future, it's very much ticktock and for all 'slow' is a sphere, I swear it seems slow got corrupted.  I am very up for 'let's make stuff better' but very much as a secondary that doesn't get in the way of 'whoops, can't proteck Mafia this time, even if we do it every time'.

I don't know and haven't set my decision yet, I just started to reread.  But I do wonder if you have a strong preference now, or any changes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: February 02, 2024, 08:53:08 pm »

Not particularly, other than saying "Fallacy didn't do it." And that's based entirely upon the votes of day 1. I looked at NQT's post history to find them.

I'd say Max or Jack. Max is throwing off a lot of "I help town see" vibes. (Webadict having a mafiakill linked to a normal action means nothing is safe. More so if that was an SK kill we saw.)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: February 02, 2024, 08:58:17 pm »

Not particularly, other than saying "Fallacy didn't do it." And that's based entirely upon the votes of day 1. I looked at NQT's post history to find them.

I'd say Max or Jack. Max is throwing off a lot of "I help town see" vibes. (Webadict having a mafiakill linked to a normal action means nothing is safe. More so if that was an SK kill we saw.)

Okay.  So you currently don't intend to really resist if we say 'but the cleaner/fixer/helper is our most likely scum' if that is the general opinion, or the intense opinion of those not interested in 'getting fixed up'?

I have barely begun those reads.  I note EP isn't sounding high on your list.  Do you have a general feel for him?  I happened to start my reread with you.  The probing at my spheres and if I have a second wincon, that's mostly because I entangled myself heavily with you, taking your stuff, making vague statements about the future in regards to you?  Or more than that?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: February 02, 2024, 09:05:19 pm »

Elephant really hasn't.. I guess been on my radar. Activity yeah, but nothing I've seen as that scummy in comparison to others. It's possible they're the partner given I haven't seen them play.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: February 02, 2024, 09:14:26 pm »

Honestly Toony, knowing people Know about setup just seems like a waste of action. Meanwhile if you look at who has a Kill, you can determine if someone is hiding a kill in their pocket. That tells us there is probably another third party around. Or if there isn't one and the bible page only draws the mafia.

More of my thoughts about this, do any of us want to claim that we didn't start with the equivalent of some sort of set up info?

I started with set up info that appears more related to my role than my alignment.  I honestly don't see how my info matters much to town in general, like the 4 artefact items in play at start that are 'dangerous' - that's it.  Toony and NJW have seen the page, and neither are saying 'omg terribad' except for the holder, and the artefact Tric and I have seen, I would describe as 'dangerous for killers trying to keep their spheres secret'.  Given that 'dangerous' seems to be selective and unspecific, I'm not sure that's very core town-needed info.

Sof started with set up info vital to sof's wincon, otherwise no set-up info.

Web started with a vast load of info related to color and spheres of chaos elements with 7 in play, 6 in other players' hands.  That some are 'fake', and more info related to the emeralds.  To my knowledge, this mostly applies to web's role; I view these emeralds as placeholder trade objects for the moment - or fluff to get in the way of non-targeted theft.  Be cool to keep them away from 'real emeralds' should those start to appear, so we continue to have placeholder trade objects/some level of theft ablation if desired.

Qua started with nothing I recognize as set up info.

Given this ratio - no idea what to advise Toony in terms of targeting.  I don't object to it being what Toons investigates tonight if that's what Toons chooses.  I do consider it a priority to ensure that I survive to provide sphere info on Qua N1, and that I get that info.  I don't think that can be stopped, I'm probably eating that apple tonight, though it's still possible I do something else with it (how many actions does imp have now?  Not a pro-town question to answer).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: February 02, 2024, 09:21:27 pm »

I do wonder if the setup info that Toons might get, investigating that, might include stuff that isn't necessarily 'in a player's role info', but more about the role info.  That could potentially be useful, but I have no idea what Toons is actually seeing as choices.  I hope Toons is asking nqt as many questions as useful to find this stuff out, so Toons knows what might be more tempting early night choices.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 153