Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59257 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1260 on: February 02, 2024, 06:37:47 pm »

Players that want that apple out of my hands are bugging me badly.  EJ is one of them, and he has no possible reason that I understand other than apple out of imp hands goal.

He's high on my concern list.

That said, many players may have 2+ actions per night.  I don't consider MS confirmed as 'just' unlimiting someone, if that happens.  However, it's EJ that wants to be unlimited, so that wouldn't be happening N2 if EJ is D2 elim.

While confirming people is 'great', it's also potentially impossible in this game.  We can't tell who has how many actions, or if they use them all; they can change hugely from night to night as well - this is based on the flips we've all seen.

I care about overall play and what we can track, whatever that is, but the day game is so huge here.  We should consider that if we do decide to lynch anyone, because confirm action is potentially a joke in this game, at least for some of us.  "Okay, you did that.  What other 12 things did you do?"  Seriously.  So we need to rely on much more than that.
God, you suck.

NJW has a solid plan to handle the mafia's kill.
But if there is a Serial Killer, that Serial Killer WILL shoot, as that guarantees NJW dies, and furthers their win condition.
Since you are so UTTERLY STUPID, you probably think I'm scum for saying this. HOW DID I KNOW THAT? IS MIND READING SCUMMY!?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 02, 2024, 06:38:30 pm »

Also: Your reads-list is organized from least to most scummy in your eyes. Way to go!
It's actually not, except at the very bottom and very top. The people in the middle all have caveats that make it hard to order them in a single dimension. Like, where does "I think TricMagic is being shady, but I have no reason to think it's shadiness in a way that I have to care about" even fit on that axis?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 02, 2024, 06:41:08 pm »

that Serial Killer WILL shoot, as that guarantees NJW dies

Where was this said or implied?  Why do you think this?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 02, 2024, 06:44:51 pm »

that Serial Killer WILL shoot, as that guarantees NJW dies

Where was this said or implied?  Why do you think this?
Because I'm not a complete and total fucking moron?
Less insultingly: Do you remember last game where I was a serial killerwith an optional town win condition?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 A Worrying Level Of Possible Eliminations
« Reply #1264 on: February 02, 2024, 06:50:38 pm »

I have an ability which allows me to apply a sphere to a random ability of another player so yes.

Hey, are you willing to say more about this?

Particularly, can you control which sphere you add?

Protection in general sounds kinda good in general.

Do you know what type of ability it randoms between?  Like does it skip any like autos?  We might be able to intelligently plan out someone for that to be used on in some sensible way, if there's anyone who agrees it makes sense and if we plan it out well.  But I don't know enough, and I don't recommend just randomly going 'tada' on someone, in case there's likely 'issues'.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 02, 2024, 06:52:34 pm »

Because I'm not a complete and total fucking moron?
Less insultingly: Do you remember last game where I was a serial killerwith an optional town win condition?

Nah, I think you're guessing/assuming about how abilities involved work, and may or are likely to be mistaken.  But if you have reasons for thinking this based on what people with the abilities said, or role flips showing abilities (less useful here, except as they combine with what people said) then I'm quite interested.  If this is how your brain thinks it should work *shrugs*  it's nqt's game.  I'm not convinced what you think is right is what he thinks is fact for his game.  And he's handling the mechanics.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 02, 2024, 07:00:14 pm »

I don't care Imp isn't mafia.

I'm voting mafia today.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 02, 2024, 07:01:42 pm »

I don't care Imp isn't mafia.

I'm voting mafia today.

Thanks, for both reasons, but what is it that you don't care about specifically?  Wondering what you're replying to.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 A Worrying Level Of Possible Eliminations
« Reply #1268 on: February 02, 2024, 07:04:27 pm »

I have an ability which allows me to apply a sphere to a random ability of another player so yes.

The sphere is already determined by the role. It is a negative sphere called "limitation" so if I ever use it, I'll only use it on people I find suspicious.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 02, 2024, 07:07:48 pm »

NJW: Do you think that a serial killer could kill you?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 02, 2024, 07:09:59 pm »

The sphere is already determined by the role. It is a negative sphere called "limitation" so if I ever use it, I'll only use it on people I find suspicious.

omg said with delight and surprise.  I'm not currently recommending that Max live past D2.

However, if he does, CM, what do you think if he changed that sphere to something else?  It could be anything based on what he's said.

I have no objection to you applying limitations to whomever you see fit; as I understand what happens I'll judge you for who you pick if I have to.  So far, no complaints, you're not one I think is acting anti-town.

However, how do you feel and think about the chance to change that ability into something else, that may be able to add spheres to those you find helpful?  (Caveat, I am content with how I am now.  I do not request being changed, but some others have said they're not happy with their options).

That said, I don't know or think this is a good idea.  It does not appear to have harmed FoU.  FoU does not respond with fury to what occurred, and from what Max says about it - it's not something he can control, so the change can be good/bad/weird/whatever.

I just think adding protection or other neat stuff like that (Might be better options) to folks might be something you want to do sometimes.  Then again, it might interfere with actions you'd rather use.  All in your hands!  I wonder what you think though.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 02, 2024, 07:10:43 pm »

@Imp: Is NQT town? If yes, trade him the damn apple.
NQT may or may not be in this game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 02, 2024, 07:11:35 pm »

He has really high town cred with me this game.  I would not vote him, and I would trust any answer he gave me.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 02, 2024, 07:12:26 pm »

Check for typos/'is this a previous version?' though, yes.  Trust but verify!  :D

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 02, 2024, 07:13:48 pm »

I'm probably immune. I already have the "limitation" sphere.

LOL

He has really high town cred with me this game.  I would not vote him, and I would trust any answer he gave me.
LOLx2

Hey Imp, if you trust the mod so much, why not give him an apple?  :P
Pages: 1 ... 83 84 [85] 86 87 ... 153