Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58955 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D2 Rotten Apples
« Reply #1155 on: February 01, 2024, 09:50:33 pm »

So, does NJW need someone to hold the page tonight? I still have my Emerald.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: February 01, 2024, 09:56:15 pm »

@Imp:
I can full-claim if people want that.

I probably should just not post in the chats unless I have to. It's very distracting.

I'm big on consent and doing what you want to and what helps your wincon.

I am not telling you not to talk there, do as you please.

And don't do what you don't.  Ever.  Especially if it was not something you agreed to.

I think you said:

Jack also said I'm 100% town so I seem like a pretty good target, just saying. I even have a role that is mostly just information gathering. Not that I trust Jack at all to pass private information along in the event of my own death. So probably pick someone else.

To me that reads like a 'don't pick me'.  And you got double picked.  You owe them nothing for choosing you, and that's true even if one of them is me (in some other game, or this one, either way, I cooperate with keeping the pool of who you talk to wide, for now).

@Imp:
I can full-claim if people want that.

I don't know about 'people'.  I don't need/want you to full claim at this time.

However, I know what info would help me, but I don't need it, as in, I have all that any player can do in the thread, and whatever I'm not claiming about last night and whatever else.

However, if you think you have a pile of useless choices in front of you - like you seem to have thought you had a Page full of your death and no answers early D1 - it's time to talk.

If full claim as of what you can do now is something you think helps or does not harm, yay, do it.  If people think you're night-harmless, maybe you're even less likely to draw one of multiple kills (if those fly).  You've told us your ability evolves over time.  I won't flip out if you later do something you couldn't before.  I just care about how pro-town everything you do appears to be.

Last game with you, I claimed about 65% of what I could do D1, then D3 played forced-full reveal of another's role.

This game I say nothing about how much I've claimed.  There's reasons to do either or both, but I can use most types of information well.  Whatcha got access to that you think's pro-town to reveal?

We can all discuss, those who are willing to share an opinion.

If you see no pro-town reasons not to open it up for discussion.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: February 01, 2024, 10:03:01 pm »

I'm fairly sure, in some way or other, my entire role has been revealed. It just requires putting all the pieces together.
Work is its own reward.

Also, I used my Invite Chat ability successfully. No action triggered me. And I mean NO action, not even a mod PM saying "Hey Jack, your chat invite was successful!" I had to log into the chat to see that it actually worked!

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: February 01, 2024, 10:08:06 pm »

@Fallacy: I would like you to do three things for me.
1) Stop voting Toonyman. It's not necessary.
2) Imagine a world in which Toonyman is Town. You don't have to believe it. This is just imagining.
Now, in this world where Toonyman is Town, I would like you to help me figure out who is scum.
3) If you want to make a big case why you think Toonyman is scum, feel free to put it in a spoiler, and I will read it. I promise.

Thanks Fallacy. You're town, and you're useful to town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: February 01, 2024, 10:15:21 pm »

I will read it. I promise.

Me too, 100% I will read it, absolute promise.  And consider it, very, very carefully.

While I am opposed to a Toony elim today, I do expect great play from Toony.  I saw that D1, who cares about right or wrong about web.  I give both Max and Toony huge high stores for not being jerks about my case and persistence.  If they're scum, they could have pushed a lot nastier, and they can be town.

I still want to see great play from Toony, every day!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: February 01, 2024, 11:40:55 pm »

Why did you give away the page when that disabled it for the night and we had a doctor claim?
I don't know. I didn't think about that. Nobody seemed opposed to the public trade.
That's completely plausible.

Anyway, I invited Toonyman to my "Town Hall" groupchat last night. I picked him because I wanted him onside if he was town and he was a good target for my free-action AoE sphere cop ability if he wasn't. Here's how it works: I pick a chat I'm in and a sphere. I learn if anybody in that chat (except me) or any of the people they share a chat with (once again, except me) has that sphere on any of their things, including items. I submitted Toonyman + Blowback (because he hypothesized early in D1 that he thought his cursed item might be because someone took Blowback, and it seemed plausible to me that scum would have it because their partner took Blowback) and got false, so neither Toonyman nor anyone in his other groupchat(s) should have anything tagged with Blowback. Note: in my server, at the start of D2, I asked Toonyman to claim if he took Blowback and he said no.

I kept notes in my groupchat in D1 in case I died that night, but most of them aren't very interesting; the only major thing I didn't post in-thread was a conspiracy theory that Quarque's ability relied on an implausible sphere path, which was based on false pretenses and is obviously irrelevant now anyway.

Also, because I invited him, he gained a copy of the power I used to invite him, so he can invite other people if he feels like blowing a night action on it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: February 01, 2024, 11:47:12 pm »

To clarify: he gained an exact copy of the invite power, including the part that grants itself to targets. I also retain the power.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: February 02, 2024, 12:38:58 am »

So Elephant Parade, after spending all that time with Toonyman, any thoughts on his alignment?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: February 02, 2024, 12:41:21 am »

We've barely talked.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: February 02, 2024, 12:46:44 am »

Wow, and EP is in a groupchat too.

I swear, this game is a total homage to FBYOR6!  I love it!

EP and CM, about the wishbone thing.  Near as I can tell, didn't involve/affect me.  I also cannot explain the item transfer between you two through anything to do with me.

EJ, sorry about earlier.  I get that it's confusing and stressful to figure everything out.  My intention was to be confusing to scum about who to kill tonight, especially if they have a way to pull off two kills, as I expect one kill gets handled by NJW's Page+whatever else he already claimed.  I want to be as confusing as possible to scum.  I figure I have unusually high town cred this game.  I'm spending it pretty freely, sorry, I mean to do so only in pro-town ways.  To me, your reaction looked weird, more thought, it looks NAI.  However, I know the scum are listening.  I do mean to confuse them and take them out.  I don't know how many there are, if this all ends today or not, and I want the scum 'Maximally Spun' regardless of who they are.  When MS was scum (Not SK) with me as town last game that happened, he made sure to NK me first.  I know I could be ignored, or targeted, and I also want to protect as many of those not anti-town as possible, because I like it that way.

But protect Toony, especially in some direct, the scum can track and use this for sure knowledge way - no.  I don't see that serving town.  And sometimes, confusing some town while hopefully confusing anti-town worse is a useful move.

And one you don't want me making.  I get that.  I am sorry.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1165 on: February 02, 2024, 12:50:33 am »

Toonyman + Blowback

Neat.  So, given what you know now, do you think we're hunting scum with blowback, or is that now NAI, or what?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: February 02, 2024, 12:54:03 am »

So Elephant Parade, after spending all that time with Toonyman, any thoughts on his alignment?
Anyway, no particularly interesting ones. I think his strong townread of webadict looks bad for the same reasons my strong townread of webadict looks bad, except he's played with scum!webadict so he has less excuse.

Toonyman + Blowback

Neat.  So, given what you know now, do you think we're hunting scum with blowback, or is that now NAI, or what?
I no longer see any particular reason why scum would have blowback, no. That was specific to Toony starting with the bible.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: February 02, 2024, 12:57:19 am »

I no longer see any particular reason why scum would have blowback, no. That was specific to Toony starting with the bible.

He talked about looking for a Scottish Author role with blowback who he was pretty sure was town.

Any concerns about that claim?

Any evaluation of that given your investigative results, all NAI or what are your thoughts regarding Toony and anyone else?  Still very interested in your reads, of course.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: February 02, 2024, 01:19:00 am »

He talked about looking for a Scottish Author role with blowback who he was pretty sure was town.

Any concerns about that claim?

Any evaluation of that given your investigative results, all NAI or what are your thoughts regarding Toony and anyone else?  Still very interested in your reads, of course.
I don't have an opinion on the greater Scottish Author problem. I've barely thought about it beyond the existence of the page.

My investigation means nobody Toony shares a groupchat has a Blowback ability. I believe that means none of them could have taken Blowback as a sphere, since I'm fairly sure all of a player's submitted spheres are reflected in their abilities (mine are), but that's obviously not 100%. I haven't thought much about the implications of this, but I don't expect them to be very interesting.

I'm too puzzled to have good reads right now. If I had to give a list, it would be:

TOWN
==========================
Imp - tunneled web pretty hard. I don't give wagon-pushing unlimited weight after getting fooled by Caz in Supernatural, but this is a very different situation
FoU - I have reconstructed them in my mind palace and they're legit
Tric - idk

CM - iffy play I'm having trouble reading, was vying for the noose with webadict but didn't seem particularly invested in the outcome? probably just a quiet player as usual
NJW - vibes, only half points for not tying the vote since it would've been MEGA sus and webadict still might've died

EJ - hard to separate feelings from analysis here, but he's been quiet and IMO not very helpful
MS - strong townread webadict, raised the possibility of tying the vote at EoD
Toony - strong townread webadict, unconfirmed night action, thinks I'm scum :(
==========================
SCUM

Obviously I don't think EJ, MS, and Toony are all scum; these are low-confidence reads. Also, I may be overweighing townreading webadict as a scumtell, especially since I did it too, but I'm cutting the vets less slack on this one than I am myself.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: February 02, 2024, 01:21:55 am »

Anyway, no particularly interesting ones. I think his strong townread of webadict looks bad for the same reasons my strong townread of webadict looks bad, except he's played with scum!webadict so he has less excuse.

Toonyman + Blowback

Why would Toony still have blowback? He traded away his Bible item to NJW prior to your recruitment + scan, so naturally NJW would be the one with the item that had blowback.
Pages: 1 ... 76 77 [78] 79 80 ... 153