Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 59281 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #855 on: January 31, 2024, 08:39:06 pm »

Where's NJW at?

@ElephantParade: Since we're killing time, mind explaining to me the world in which sofanthiel and I are on a scumteam?
Hmm, I actually hadn't thought about that. You haven't interacted with each other in a hot minute—I only glanced through your post history, but I think your last exchange was this?—but you scumread each other and dug in for a while. Not exonerating, but certainly complicating. I still find both of you pretty scummy as individuals, though.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: January 31, 2024, 08:43:32 pm »

I would also take Imp, who has been posting a disturbing amount of filler lately.
I've been after that wagon the whooooooole Day, but Toony/Max don't want it, and my bias makes me sheep them on that.

I find it interesting that none of those very close to the lynch have decided to full claim.  Is there a reason?
I have claimed pretty much everything, but I am sure you will find those posts as soon as I say this.

I will claim if Toony, Max, or EP ask.  I feel really good about EP right now.

Where's NJW at?

@ElephantParade: Since we're killing time, mind explaining to me the world in which sofanthiel and I are on a scumteam?
Hmm, I actually hadn't thought about that. You haven't interacted with each other in a hot minute—I only glanced through your post history, but I think your last exchange was this?—but you scumread each other and dug in for a while. Not exonerating, but certainly complicating. I still find both of you pretty scummy as individuals, though.
I'm not on board with a Euchre vote.  Part of it is that he claimed having an Emerald, part of it is that he's trying REALLY, REALLY hard right now, and the last bit is that TricMagic thinks he's Town.  I also think he's Town, but I'd always says that about EuchreJack, and he's under my protection.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: January 31, 2024, 08:50:55 pm »

Hmm, OK. I don't like that sofanthiel wants to kill him, anyway.

Claim if you want, I don't immediately see how it would change things one way or the other. Maybe don't claim your spheres if you think you have any chance at life; NQT's draft card game mafia let scum steal cards if they could name a card and player, to discourage massclaiming, so it wouldn't surprise me if scum here had something that let them do something with sphere info.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: January 31, 2024, 08:54:04 pm »

I have claimed pretty much everything, but I am sure you will find those posts as soon as I say this.

Agreed, you've claimed a lot, and my concerns about you are not based on your claims but your entire focus of the day.

There's 2-3 others.  I don't require or pressure anyone to claim, though mechanic claims can sway minds and votes, and it wasn't discussed or attempted (yet).  I just wondered why.
Maybe don't claim your spheres if you think you have any chance at life; NQT's draft card game mafia let scum steal cards if they could name a card and player, to discourage massclaiming, so it wouldn't surprise me if scum here had something that let them do something with sphere info.

Scum or maybe anyone, MS has already claimed he can change someone's ability with at least knowledge of a red sphere it has.

I don't know that it's a good idea, and maybe that's why nobody's talked about it or done so.  Thanks for some reasons to consider.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: January 31, 2024, 08:57:31 pm »

@Crystal: You should probably pick one person and try to get votes for that person. Flipping around nilly-willy doesn't help much.

Also
Also, we secretly talk about you when you're not here, and it's really funny.

Can we shrink the field from 5 to 4?

Euchre, would you mind swapping?  Fallacy, you too?  I don't really care to which of the other four, but I don't think it's Quarque, especially with a semi-confirmable Night action.
I dunno. People tend to Unvote whomever I vote. Fallacy is the exception to that, so maybe Fallacy should be the one to move their vote?
But I'll expicitly sheep you, if that helps.
Ultimate Sheep Mode Activate! Vote Crystalizedmire.
Probably solid, since Max is unlikely to give in to peer pressure, and is explicitly too lazy to change his votes sometimes.
I am reasonably sure if I say anything else, it will disrupt the vote matrix.
Did you actually notice the posts I made as a a case against Webadict? Because I did try my best.
she/her

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: January 31, 2024, 09:09:24 pm »

Hmm, OK. I don't like that sofanthiel wants to kill him, anyway.

Claim if you want, I don't immediately see how it would change things one way or the other. Maybe don't claim your spheres if you think you have any chance at life; NQT's draft card game mafia let scum steal cards if they could name a card and player, to discourage massclaiming, so it wouldn't surprise me if scum here had something that let them do something with sphere info.
I've pretty much already claimed my spheres, and I don't really care if people steal my Abilities.  It's not that I don't think I might live, it's that even if I live, my Abilities aren't especially game-breaking in scum hands.

I'm the Chaos Emeralds (Sorry, Toony, I'm not Robotnik, plz don't be mad.)

I have one Action, which changes based on the last Emerald I obtained.  Right now, I can Refill a Player's Shotted Abilities at the end of the Night.  This also causes their next target's Shotted Abilities to Refill at the end of the Night.  I... actually didn't check to see if that's this Night or next Night, I kinda assumed it was Tomorrow Night, but I just reread it, and it's kinda ambiguous.

I know what each of my other Emeralds' Sphere is, as well as the knowledge that 6 other Players have an Emerald.  ToonyMan might not know the Spheres, though?  The same Ability that tells me about fakes and other stuff tells me the Spheres:

Green: Improvement
Red: Redirection
Blue: Setup Knowledge
Yellow: Action Detection
Purple: Necromancy
Turquoise: Votes
White: Protection

I'm interested in what Purple does, could find a use for White or Blue, but the others don't really matter to me.  I was hoping for maybe a potential resurrect, but I'm going to guess if I got one, it'd be locked behind something else.  I also think that it's actually probably a scavenge, since that fits a bit more with what my role feels like, but I picked Overpowered, so maybe it's a temp resurrect?  I can dream, but I never saw anyone claim it, so whatcha gonna do?  If Quarque doesn't want the Refill, I can take a chance on the Blue gem, but it could literally be any type of Action, and I have no clue.

And then my SUPER SONIC ABILITY.  I'm Unkillable, and I can use every single Emerald Ability.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: January 31, 2024, 09:11:35 pm »

Sorry, Supersonic activates if I have all seven Chaos Emeralds.  That was obvious, but I didn't list it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: January 31, 2024, 09:13:44 pm »

I had privately doubted ToonyMan's claim of fake emeralds on the basis of it sounding kind of silly, so it's nice to have that confirmed.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: January 31, 2024, 09:15:41 pm »

I had privately doubted ToonyMan's claim of fake emeralds on the basis of it sounding kind of silly, so it's nice to have that confirmed.
No, ToonyMan is correct that there apparently can be fakes.  I think someone can probably duplicate Items.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: January 31, 2024, 09:16:31 pm »

No, ToonyMan is correct that there apparently can be fakes.  I think someone can probably duplicate Items.
Sorry, poor phrasing: it's nice to have it confirmed that the fake emeralds aren't fake. Er, that fake emeralds really exist.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: January 31, 2024, 09:19:44 pm »

Sorry, poor phrasing: it's nice to have it confirmed that the fake emeralds aren't fake. Er, that fake emeralds really exist.
... Yes.  I think.  I didn't read too much into it because it doesn't really matter to me.  I'm gonna guess that ToonyMan will probably see people with fake Emeralds at Night.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: January 31, 2024, 09:20:52 pm »

Ahh, explains the offer to trade you blue for setup knowledge.

So, about this refilling Qua thing.

You have sounded like you have really high focus on this, and I think it's based on confusion similar to how the '3 elim deaths' understanding was also based on confusion, and ultimately incorrect - though I have less info about Qua's thing, and it's a 'taboo topic' anyway.  But my understanding of Qua's intended attempt to save Toons was based on multiple ifs that no longer apply.

If you make it to N1, do you still plan to target Qua with a refill?  If a night kill happens N1 despite your doing so, what's your plan then, what does that 'mean' to you?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: January 31, 2024, 09:28:54 pm »

Ahh, explains the offer to trade you blue for setup knowledge.

So, about this refilling Qua thing.

You have sounded like you have really high focus on this, and I think it's based on confusion similar to how the '3 elim deaths' understanding was also based on confusion, and ultimately incorrect - though I have less info about Qua's thing, and it's a 'taboo topic' anyway.  But my understanding of Qua's intended attempt to save Toons was based on multiple ifs that no longer apply.

If you make it to N1, do you still plan to target Qua with a refill?  If a night kill happens N1 despite your doing so, what's your plan then, what does that 'mean' to you?
Quarque said he had a 1-Shot Mafiakill block, and if it worked, I felt like it'd extremely narrow down scum and also give us another chance to execute without Mafiakills.  It's a boring strategy, but effective!  And if it doesn't work, then either Quarque lied or the scum have ways around the block.  I think it's too specific for Quarque to have lied about it, and it puts too big of a target on him to do so.

Think about this:  If Mafia ARE able to kill through it, there are specific Spheres that the Mafia have, no?  And if they AREN'T, that ALSO narrows down the Spheres.

Oh, I also forgot to mention I steal a random Emerald whenever I target someone, so it was a way to confirm my Action, but I mentioned it elsewhere, which is how ToonyMan can partially confirm my Actions and targets.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: January 31, 2024, 09:38:27 pm »

@Elephant:
Imp is town.

@Sofanthiel:
Why go after Web if you think they're 3p and not Jack or FoU if you think they're mafia? Voting Jack is even a two-for-one deal.

I don't think Web is mafia.

@FoU:
Jack feels scummy to me because they used to play more like Imp with a high energy style while constantly prodding things. When they were mafia they would feel off and not do this as much or as well. Lately they have felt this way to me even when they are town which sucks. I don't really feel their heart in this either, but the combination of me botching it last time and you claiming lovers gives me reason not to pursue Jack today, however I still find their behavior scummy so far because I haven't seen them earnestly playing mafia. This is how I read Jack.

Do I think you would make a case against me like this as town? Probably. My issue with you FoU is that you always come off as bad actor to me. I also think you are poor at creating convincing cases. Even Imp has a solid defense for me against your case with the Bible Page stuff and me defending them again.

@Webadict:
I think Elephant has been pretty spooky but I'll take your word that they're legit.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: January 31, 2024, 09:42:53 pm »

@Webadict:
I didn't know what sphere a colored Emerald represented, no. I just know at game start all the colors and how fakes work.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 153