Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58550 times)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #270 on: January 29, 2024, 04:12:00 pm »

sofanthiel: Do you have setup knowledge? You sound so sure of your talking points.
What is this, a fisherdwarf convention?!  I've disclosed, both subtly and openly, enough on that front for today and the foreseeable future in general.
Okay, I feel you're too paranoid to be scum.
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 29, 2024, 04:16:43 pm »

Willing to say more about the trade stuff?  Are you looking for anything in specific?
Nothing in specific. My apples are generally good for town and less for scum imo, that is why I am willing to give NJW one in return for an unspecified mediocre item. If I really trust someone I might trade them a banana.

speaking about, I confirm to be willing to trade an apple to NJW in return for an unspecified mediocre item

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 29, 2024, 04:17:25 pm »

sofanthiel should keep scum hunting.
Hunting other people than Fallacy, I mean.
sofanthiel should keep scumhunting people other than Fallacy.

Jack, did you just jump on the bandwagon or actually read who I've been accusing before placing the vote?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 29, 2024, 04:19:20 pm »

Brutal is right given the number of tunnels in your argument. You could drive a train through a mountain with them.
So you're openly acknowledging that sofanthiel is tunneling yet you're still voting them? I understand that scum can still tunnel but chances are a townie is more likely to tunnel. If you believe that sofanthiel is trying to discredit webadict for bad reasons, share them(unless you already shared them and I just missed it).

Sorry about the sofanthiel posts. It is the only player which I have a strong opinion about. I swear we're not masons this time.
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2024, 04:19:45 pm »

I confirm to be willing to trade an apple to NJW in return for an unspecified mediocre item

(Example: NQT declares he will trade the Eiffel Tower for a Mouse and Tiruin declares she will trade a Mouse for an Eiffel Tower during the trading phase, if NQT had an [item] Eiffel Tower and Tiruin had a [item]Mouse, the trade would be made.)

I bet that will work, if the item is actually called an unspecified mediocre item!

I bet if anyone had an item with that name, even someone else, and purpled the trade for an apple, that trade would happen.  The example doesn't have a player name in it.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2024, 04:23:23 pm »

Ninja? In case of hammers, note that Items are passed out. Actions still occur even if a player is killed, cause dying happens at end of night. So the page would draw the kill, you give it away to aonther, then you die.

I think you are mistaken.

Give is a night action.  Hammers are day.

Trade is day.

A trade would happen, I think... even with a hammer.

A give cannot.  Because you cannot give during day.
Ah. Oppps. You're correct on that I meant night.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2024, 04:29:48 pm »

I understand that scum can still tunnel but chances are a townie is more likely to tunnel.
I don't believe that's true.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2024, 04:30:51 pm »

I'm correcting my ways from supernormal
she/her

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2024, 04:34:27 pm »

@sofa:  I didn't answer your questions because if you were Quarque's Mason, that would explain your mania and sheeping.  I probably still won't answer your questions but only because I don't want to find them while I'm on my phone.
I'm not masons with Sofanthiel.

Sof, you're oddly protective of me, I don't know why. But it would be a weird thing for you to do if you'd be scum, especially because you did it when the vote train on me was gaining momentum. Even as a way to gain town cred from my flip (as scum) it would be a risky gamble I would never expect from you. To me you're the clearest town read right now.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2024, 04:44:24 pm »

Trading Rule Clarification

I have updated the day start with this clarification:

If a player has more than one item with the same name that would be a valid trade, a random one is picked or they may private message their preference during the day if there is a difference between the same-named items.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2024, 04:47:30 pm »

you did it when the vote train on me was gaining momentum.
The bus was, at its core, RVS and thus lacked real substance.  I refused to partake in it because I considered it pointless, even as a form of arbitrary pressure.  Don't think that qualifies as a defense of any kind.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2024, 04:54:59 pm »

Webadict: Why did you lie about having a second wincon?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2024, 04:57:46 pm »

Ninja? In case of hammers, note that Items are passed out. Actions still occur even if a player is killed, cause dying happens at end of night. So the page would draw the kill, you give it away to aonther, then you die.

Hey, this was helpful, I asked more carefully about giving the item in general.

If an item existed that did this and nothing else that modified or changed it:

"The first kill or mafiakill action tonight will be redirected to target me. I'm probably going to die."

And that's the initial claim Toons made about it, so...

Anyway, give happens before kill, and it draws the kill at time of kill.

So yes, if that's how the item works, then yes, anyone who can give can give it to someone, who would draw a kill if kill.

Now, maybe the item works different.

Toons, I highly recommend you discuss with nqt the details of the various abilities you have and confirm that for yourself with the actual full knowable specifics, but that should work.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2024, 05:04:08 pm »

I hope that object is real, because at least then I know I won't get killed first again.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2024, 05:05:45 pm »

You're either misreading me or you like it because it helps you to have a town player lynched. Not sure which. But here is an idea. I have apples for trade that soft confirm me as town, because they specifically help against mafia. I can trade you one of those. If you still vote me afterwards and I'm lynched, everyone will see it and know you're mafia.
If you're town though, an apple will help you. Win win for me. Deal?

This makes me uneasy, simply as straight out claim.

We pick our spheres before we get alignments, and for all I know we get our powers before we get alignments too.  To my read, you're making the claim that nqt would absolutely never create a mafia role that gave other players 'protection against the mafia'.

Heck, webadict's supernatural N1 had mafia killing mafia, with a disrupted action that should have ensured the kill was redirected, but didn't.  Mafia protected from mafia could be incredibly useful in a game like this too, we already have a claim of an item that can change hands even if you don't want it, that can draw 'first' kill or night kill to the person with the item.

So to my thinking, a mafia member that can give protection from mafia is incredibly useful for mafia.  They know who has the protection, they don't go kill that person just yet, and maybe try to lynch instead.  They can protect their own, even from being given that dangerous page of attracting the first kill at night.

Is there something more you can explain why we should just say 'ooh, Qua is town, yay!  I eat an apple and get protection from mafia, and this is town for sure sure sure!'
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 153