Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153

Author Topic: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D3 - GAME OVER - TOWN VICTORY  (Read 58486 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres (a CYOMish BYOR)- -D1 Begins
« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2024, 08:40:13 pm »

I recall someone describing Sofanthiel as "hiding in audacity", which seemed like a valid explanation for his behavior. Sofanthiel seemed like he was going to get voted, so he throws out random weird stuff to see if he can not get voted out.
Sofanthiel is almost certainly town. Scum!Sofanthiel is anything but audacious.
A loud whistling sound is heard as sofanthiel releases a smokescreen which covers webadict. webadict can no longer be lynched today.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: NQT's Choose-Your-Own-Spheres - -D1 Panics and Schemes
« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2024, 08:43:05 pm »

Anyway, I'm cool with being the execution, as long as we're also executing Imp.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2024, 09:00:56 pm »

god dammit this feels like I'm drowning a pup

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2024, 09:02:28 pm »

A loud whistling sound is heard as sofanthiel releases a smokescreen which covers webadict. webadict can no longer be lynched today.

Qua, yeah.  I've seen scum sof be audacious twice in a row now.

That and FoU's game:

I think what Sofanthiel's doing here is called scumclaiming.
That is not at all the case.  I understand why you'd get such an idea, however; my unwillingness to lay out all the cards might come across as untrustworthy.

Sofanthiel: I didn't read you as scum D1, but your recalcitrance since has me reconsidering. It's not the lack of activity, it's the caginess. Explain yourself or I'll vote you.
One might suggest, if you are town, you stop wasting that time and reveal what you know so we can actually find scum.
The reason behind the ambiguity is that revealing the nature of my role and what I've been working towards would benefit those I oppose more than my own team.  If anything, scum having that information would harm town more than my demise ever could, which is why all I can do is request I be left alive without providing the details you all demand.

Canadian Kitten did catch him red handed
Whatever transpired last night, as bad as it makes me look, could be explained by a multitude of intricate interactions that have the capacity to happen.  Even I, with a more complete picture of the situation (on account of knowing my own abilities), am not exactly certain what caused such an outcome.

I live, I die, I live again!
sofanthiel was executed. sofanthiel was Mafia.

But for all I know, it's also a sof attitude now.  I lean scum on sof, but I wouldn't mind seeing more.  Max's last game where sof started as... I have no idea what sof's initial alignment officially was, because Max never shared that, and sof never did that I saw either, but CM claims he was town ally at first (like she was later confirmed to be).  But early, I thought CM and sof were both very scummy.  Even after I was okay with CM, sof still seemed really scummy.  It was later that he was converted and definitely anti-town.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2024, 09:02:33 pm »

I don't really have time to dedicate to this game tonight and I'll be at work tomorrow and have trouble accessing the forum without just phone posting.

Imp and Webadict are both bad votes.

I would probably be voting Jack over FoU here if I was being 100% tryhard and was only looking at this game in isolation instead of being swayed by outside factors.

I'm still okay voting Sofanthiel too. Not really feeling Max because I think they are extremely correct in their assertion that Jack is scum.

My vote preference is something like Jack > FoU > Sofanthiel.

I recall someone describing Sofanthiel as "hiding in audacity", which seemed like a valid explanation for his behavior. Sofanthiel seemed like he was going to get voted, so he throws out random weird stuff to see if he can not get voted out.
I assume Sofanthiel was scum in this game.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2024, 09:03:11 pm »

god dammit this feels like I'm drowning a pup
If it's any consideration I think Webadict is more likely to be scum than you, Quarque.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2024, 09:05:06 pm »

I am pretty sure sof didn't know it was announced based on the scum chat.
she/her

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2024, 09:05:25 pm »

Look, if you would vote Jack, just vote me instead. Unless you think we're both scum, in which case, I can't argue.

But reallly, Toony, I can't believe you think Spin is town.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2024, 09:08:44 pm »

Toonyman: wait, so I don't draw the mafiakill tonight? That's annoying.
From my understanding, no, you won't. But you will from N2 onward if you maintain possession.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2024, 09:09:08 pm »

Look, if you would vote Jack, just vote me instead. Unless you think we're both scum, in which case, I can't argue.

FoU, tell us more about why you think... do you think Jack is town?  If so, why?  Otherwise, why do you think Jack should not be voted?

Personal feelings for the person?

Adopted playstyle, the equivalent of a voluntary post restriction?

Something else?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2024, 09:11:13 pm »

But reallly, Toony, I can't believe you think Spin is town.
I don't get the sense you believe what you're saying.

FoU, what do you think Sofanthiel is doing here?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2024, 09:12:51 pm »

Webadict bad vote.

What is your confidence level on this, from personal read, and separately, from mechanics estimate/certainty?  And if you account for the possibility that emeralds could have more than one intended purpose, does that change the level of confidence (I cannot confirm if emeralds have more than one intended purpose, but can you rule that out?)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2024, 09:15:39 pm »

Something else?

If Jack dies, so do I. So uh, I'm pretty reluctant to let him die unless we're totally sure he's scum. And so far, he's played totally townie, even with the lack of energy, but meta tells are half-garbage anyways.

(As far as I know, if I die, the same doesn't happen to him, though, it's purely a one-way self-destructive relationship.)
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2024, 09:17:14 pm »

Imp: son's role flip implied they started as town ally and also sof was trying to get elimmed in his last day in fbyor
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2024, 09:18:13 pm »

If Jack dies, so do I. So uh, I'm pretty reluctant to let him die unless we're totally sure he's scum. And so far, he's played totally townie, even with the lack of energy, but meta tells are half-garbage anyways.

(As far as I know, if I die, the same doesn't happen to him, though, it's purely a one-way self-destructive relationship.)

Okay, Fal.  Now, are you willing to discuss how/why?

is this an auto, an item, something else?
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 153