Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35255 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #1020 on: January 17, 2024, 05:33:51 pm »

Why in the world did you release webadict?
Because Jack, whom you defended until the very last second (and didn't hammer despite promising to, urging Imp to step in and do the deed for you):
1. cursed Crystal,
2. was a confirmed anti-human banshee,
3. survived the lycnhing.

We thought there was a slight chance that abducting him would strip away the curse put on my operator.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 17, 2024, 05:36:59 pm »

We still don’t know who killed N1.
It was not Jack, due to his killing method taking time to manifest.  Did Tric claim any night 1 actions?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 17, 2024, 05:37:14 pm »

We still don’t know who killed N1. I know the game is bastard, but is it so bastard Max would make someone kill without them knowing that’s what they’d do?

Given Qua's sanctuary, and that it's impossible as far as I know to know who qua may have targeted...

Qua could have been targeted by the killer.

Qua could have targeted someone who was a killer with a physical kill.

Qua could have targeted someone who was the target of someone else with a physical kill.

We haven't seen a roleflip of anyone with any kind of kill yet.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 17, 2024, 05:39:16 pm »

Not a typo?  Am I really in this of all universes?
Sorry it's a 10.30pm here, I'm tired and not typing things clearly.

webadict
Quarque (Hector) why did you hammer? What were your actions each night?

I targeted TricMagic with my "analyze" ability, and the result I received is that he is an undeniable vampire.  On account of nqt claiming the exact opposite, I assumed that it meant some kind of interference occurred, though I am no longer so sure.
What colour was TricMagic? Why are you only claiming this now, and not when the day started?

Anyway here's what people did at night, as much as I can tell:

Imp - Tracked EJ to NQT - posted that before I claimed. If Imp is not town then Imp is on a team with Euchrejack.
NQT - Inspected Tric
Tricmagic - ??? Does Tric have night actions?
Quarque (Hector) - ?? Could have been redirecting / sewing chaos etc.
Euchrejack - poisoned NQT
Sofanthiel - Apparently inspected Tric as a vampire
Webadict - came back from banishment so presumably didn't act?
CM - Banished EJ before dying

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 17, 2024, 05:39:30 pm »

We still don’t know who killed N1.
It was not Jack, due to his killing method taking time to manifest.  Did Tric claim any night 1 actions?

God, please, could qua have died from using the revealed sanctuary on someone who that same night used an 'action that is a kill' which is physical, even if the kill causes a delayed death?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 17, 2024, 05:41:13 pm »

urging Imp to step in and do the deed for you

Imp did that about 2 mins before TM's deadline, if anything just trying to make sure that TM didn't also get some possibly anti-town benefit from hammering.

To Imp, I wasn't forced or rushed at all except I didn't like the 40 mins thing, but since we had a 'deadline' why not pull the trigger when it was very close and I did have all the answers I thought I'd get.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 17, 2024, 05:42:47 pm »

Not a typo?  Am I really in this of all universes?
Sorry it's a 10.30pm here, I'm tired and not typing things clearly.

I believe you.  Just checking because reveals are a thing.  Glad it's a typo.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 17, 2024, 05:46:43 pm »

Tricmagic - ??? Does Tric have night actions?

TM claimed D3 to have given up a right to have a N3 action to get the double vote.  We did see the double vote, but nothing else is certain, except TM claims that if they don't use a kill action they continue to be impossible to vote, and we confirmed TM is impossible to vote.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 17, 2024, 05:47:19 pm »

What colour was TricMagic?
Red.
Why are you only claiming this now, and not when the day started?
either nqt or Tric could have come up with a billion rationalizations and given each other appropriate alibis.  I wanted to wait for all players to say their piece first.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 17, 2024, 05:48:42 pm »

I think sof is a convert.

CM claimed that sof had 3 actions.

We just saw God confirm that sof used a smokescreen, not one of the three actions CM claimed.

4 actions is a lot, plus sof **may** also have some abduct/return ability too (unconfirmed, not even by God, per CM).

However, some answers God gave me suggest that converts may under some circumstances keep some or most of their abilities PLUS may gain one or some or many others, it really depends on a lot of factors.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: January 17, 2024, 05:50:10 pm »

As noted yesterday, after Imp misreading and putting a different target. (Qua instead of the actual webadict), I can determine if a player has killed anyone at the start of the night. This includes kills initiated during the previous day. As it is though, I've not really got in any useful night actions.

Sof, as bad as it was, Quaqe had a literal Silver Bullet. Which completely and utterly missed. The only death was via this curse last night.

Actually.. I can guess Jack might have decided to target you last night. There aren't any claims that Jack did anything beforehand. So you're doing the one thing you can before you end up dead. Which would result in webadict being the leader and you a convert, likely when webadict died the first time. I guess good job breaking it?

Ninja. Sofanthiel, Sofanthiel. Why would I be mafia when SK is more my style? I could be a green vampire right, or a green dragon, or even a purple dragon. Or you're the vampire here, awaiting your silver bullet? Though that's reserved for webadict.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 17, 2024, 05:51:21 pm »

TM claims that if they don't use a kill action they continue to be impossible to vote
This excuse could extremely easily be a complete fabrication that exists only to support Tric's narrative.  Here's another hypothetical explanation for the vote immunity: Tric's real power is being unlynchable as long as his mafia partner walks the earth.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 17, 2024, 05:53:14 pm »

Don't tell me TricMagic has three votes.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 17, 2024, 05:55:48 pm »

TM claims that if they don't use a kill action they continue to be impossible to vote
This excuse could extremely easily be a complete fabrication that exists only to support Tric's narrative.  Here's another hypothetical explanation for the vote immunity: Tric's real power is being unlynchable as long as his mafia partner walks the earth.
Don't think Imp would have survived if that was the case. You still need to ask who did the N1 kill. It might have been Jack. Quarqe in a bad place at a bad time.

Well, don't need to ask. And hw many votes I have is for you to wonder. Or ask for a votecont.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: January 17, 2024, 05:56:22 pm »

But this game, we saw:

1) D1 sof day-destroy their vote to give CM +2 votes (and CM flip doesn't show the ability, she was offline when it was used, and CM claimed this was sof's doing, and CM flip looks town-aligned).

2) N1 nothing we are sure of, but CM was sure sof self-targeted and used analyze (we know we were told to send in a target, and God chose my N1 action for me, before I even knew I had actions)

2.1) D2 web was... up from death, D2/N2 is when web would convert sof

3) N2 sof claims protected nqt.  If the conversion happens HERE, it probably happens end of N2.

3.1) D3 CM will do anything to protect sof.  And this is when I think sof learned, with night results, that sof is a convert.

4) N3 sof does whatever.  later claims it's investigate TM.

4.1) D4, sof claims to have a master that they made plans with, that the master's plan is elim TM, other stuff in this plan like avenge against CM's killer, thus TM (who does not appear to be CM's killer)... whole thing makes little sense.  BUT D4 is also when sof uses this 'weird and new' smokescreen to protect 'their master' (my guess, not admitted yet, but sure makes sense) and has this new power, which God confirms to me new powers is possible for converts, with or without losing old abilities, and wow, the examples God covered, new gain of powers without loss of old powers, it might even be fun and cool to be converted.
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 76