Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35451 times)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Fourth Dawn
« Reply #900 on: January 16, 2024, 09:05:08 pm »

(1-shot [used], Night) Abduct (target): You remove your target from the game. All other actions which would hit your target fail.

Oh snap. Except, my actions do not 'hit' my target.  And my track is described as unfailing.

I believe my results.  I follow the tracks, and they go to nqt.  I follow onwards, and the tracks suddenly are gone.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 4
« Reply #901 on: January 16, 2024, 09:21:28 pm »

Hey guys.  Listen.  I have some bad news and some good news.  The bad news is that I'm a Cult Leader and there is still a murderer among NQT, Tric, and Imp.  The good news is that I'm a Cult Leader and one of you is my Cultist, and I will recruit a survivor Tonight.

You have three choices, everyone:  Vote one of you three out and be recruited, vote me and lose immediately, or get lucky and try and stop the Town loss.

"Oh no, web, you're a Cult Leader why should we listen to you???"

Because there's a murderer still on the loose, wtf, are you not paying attention?!  Anyway, take your pick:  Chance to be Cult or chance to find the murderer.  I'm cool with whatever!  I enjoyed my stay in the barn!  It was relaxing!

Take your pick or vote me, I don't give a fuck!  I might even be the Cultist, who can even say???

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 16, 2024, 09:24:12 pm »

Hey guys.  Listen.  I have some bad news and some good news.  The bad news is that I'm a Cult Leader and there is still a murderer among NQT, Tric, and Imp.  The good news is that I'm a Cult Leader and one of you is my Cultist, and I will recruit a survivor Tonight.

Umm.  So, how do we know there's still this murderer among those three?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 16, 2024, 09:24:56 pm »

vote me and lose immediately

And, umm, can you explain the mechanics of that a bit more?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 16, 2024, 09:26:54 pm »

vote me and lose immediately

And, umm, can you explain the mechanics of that a bit more?
No, this isn't a negotiation.  This is a hostage situation.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 16, 2024, 09:31:28 pm »

No, this isn't a negotiation.  This is a hostage situation.

But a weird, multiparty, still free will involved one.

So your words might help guide towards a result you prefer, presuming you're interested in anything other than pure instant obedience.

Cause, that whole weird, multiparty, still free involved stuff can entirely come up with a solution that you may not like, and you might even find yourself the hostage, who knows.  Not a threat, just an observation, in case there's any chance you don't have 1000% of the game solved.

And if you choose to not be 'open' now, when supposedly you have full control, then I'm likely to decide you are a bluffster, and that any attempts to convince us later, when it's clear you're wrong, are not the words of a conquerer, but something quite else instead.

Right now, you 'could' have full control.  So what you do now, when you have 'all the cards' is more likely, by me, to be seen as real and true.

And if you have full control, you can also explain how and why - the way a real kidnapper could, and likely would, to gain real cooperation.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 16, 2024, 09:32:52 pm »

Because, I've seen real power.  I've seen "I have the only choices here, others have none."  And those folks, they never bend.  So if you don't bend now, but you do bend later... *shrugs*

Even not bending now, looks pretty weak to me.

And I know this stuff.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 16, 2024, 09:33:50 pm »

But right now, this is negotiation stage.  You opened it.  I won't see consideration now as anything other than reasonable, a conqueror I should believe.

Fakes can't fake that.  If you're fake, you can't fake it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 16, 2024, 09:35:57 pm »

Well, let me know when you are ready to decide, I'm not posting the rest of the Day because I don't have to.

See ya!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 16, 2024, 09:41:24 pm »

Testing.  TM.  God, would you please grace us with a votecount?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 16, 2024, 09:42:40 pm »

God, would you please grace us with a votecount?  I forgot the cyan, I had an attention-addition webbed to web or something, and needed at least one more available brain cell to recall in time, sigh.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 16, 2024, 10:16:25 pm »

So, were those three named because they were the three that could have killed N1...

Or because those three are the four, minus web, who contain our humans, should qua be presumed to have come back as a not-actually human being...

And should sof be accepted as a not-humanity robot.  For while it's weird, a town can indeed true team with a town ally.

I wonder if this is all about the masquerade, hide-the-humans, don't-let-them-be-taken.  Fascinating.

I still advise not making who is/is not human too clear, unless necessary.  There may be reason to do so, but that's probably a pretty dire and unhappy reason if so.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #912 on: January 17, 2024, 12:12:29 am »

Cool, I’m the bad guy, glad we cleared that up.

Hey you.  Now that I've had time to very cool off, and several strong shocks since.

I will try to ask instead of scream about what looks scummy.  Looking forward to your ideas today, whatever the heck they are.  Looking forward to any information people choose to share, you, others, whatever.

Anyway, Qua.  Confused apology to you.  I don't know if you're scum, and I need to find a way to talk to you that works for us both when I think you're misreading and/or attempting something dangerous and misleading.  "Silently believe you" is probably not going to be possible for me, not until... I don't know what it would take.

But when you wish, please do get back in here and play, and know I'm sorry for my reactions to you, and I aim to improve my calm handling of game circumstances, which I -hope- will make this more pleasant for us all, especially you and I.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 17, 2024, 12:31:02 am »

This is a hostage situation.
You are walking a line so fine, my capacitors would appear to be from the 60s (1960s, mind you) in comparison, relatively speaking; on top of already self-admittedly being inhuman, you now claim to operate some pagan religious organization?  I can only hope that you aren't heretical enough to not worship our one true God and savior, Maximus be with you.

The value of your existence is negative, and you are only lucky that TricMagic outweighs you on that front.  He has been accumulating votes night after night now, and I was programmed vowed to avenge my master, even if that is the last function I perform.  I just need to make sure: God almighty, Lord above!  Impart thy wisdom unto us; is Tric still immune to thy infinitely graceful judgement and our attempts to bring him closer to you?
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 17, 2024, 12:31:54 am »

Mustn't forget; TricMagic!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 76