Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35452 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Day 3 and winter is coming
« Reply #870 on: January 15, 2024, 05:07:42 pm »

I have a multi-action, presumably other players have one too.
"I did X, thus I could not have done the kill" is bullshit.

Since I am getting voted anyways, might as well reveal this now: I won't be flipping. You'll get a " Vanilla Town " result. Part of being a Banshee I guess.

As for NQT, he's not a real cop. He's a Rolecop that read his result of "Banshee" and colored it Blue. You can tell by his not even being sure what that meant in his initial claim. If he were a Real Cop, he would be told the alignments that match the colors.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: January 15, 2024, 05:09:57 pm »

NQT: Since you are a rolecop, what actions did EuchreJack have? Does he have an insta kill?
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: January 15, 2024, 05:10:45 pm »

So.. The big reveal Crystal couldn't tell us, was that Sof used a doctor action?

... I don't buy that for a minute Crystal, you already said Sof could protect town, but you couldn't tell us this?

Well, if there were any doubts, they're gone now. Scum team is right here. I'd vote Jack and end this farce of a day, but unlike Sof I don't hammer without letting people react. For the record, god got back to me on if lynching/hammering counts as a kill. It doesn't.

Pats Jack. That just makes it clear webadict isn't someone to be released.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: January 15, 2024, 05:12:41 pm »

So basically what you’re saying is someone else tried to kill, we know EJ poisoned CM, and CM seems to think I’m scum despite my action being pretty clearly not a kill. Also, Tric was abducted N2, so he can’t have performed the kill either, so why is CM Tric and I are scum?

So, what, possible killers are CM, Imp, webadict?

NQT won’t look themselves, and their action has been confirmed by the target so they weren’t redirected back to themselves.
EJ poisoned CM, confirmed by CM
Tric was abducted.
I was dead.

Maybe sofanthiel tried to kill and was told it was protected from and is trying to find them?

Anyway, I need to fold clothes and eat, I’ll think about this some more.

With all respect and kindness, trying to start from neutral, if you are open to that.

If you're saying that sof is saying that there was a kill N2 that didn't happen - sof has to know this.

Sof claims a protect, and nothing else, N2.

If sof actually tried to kill N2 (I only think this because I think you're suggesting that happened?), and ran into a protect - I miss where sof says this, or even hints it.  I don't see sof or CM (since she does speak for him sometimes) trying to fish a protector out D3.  I do see sof trying to fish a 'action kill who targeted sof' out D2, but that's discussed elsewhere and surely doesn't affect your current ideas, I think, correct if wrong, please.

But the rest of the ideas, about who else could have killed and been stopped N3, seem unconnected to sof?  I mean, if sof didn't kill, and sof didn't report a 'my protect says it was hit by something' (and I missed that?  I tried to read carefully what sof said) then where is this idea there was a N3 kill attempt (besides poisoning, yeah) made and stopped?

I'm open to speculation about why no N3 kill attempt beside poisoning, if you want to discuss that, but I'm lost at the inclusion of sof/because of sof/sof said.

I get the accuse sof (sof lies, sof tried a kill, someone else's protect stopped it - to me that would be web, because nobody else claims a protect), but the rest of it, I don't see connected to what people have said at all.

What am I missing?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: January 15, 2024, 05:13:04 pm »

I couldn't tell you guys before because I was afraid that sofanthiel might get targeted by scum. Anyways, I already revealed what action atleast once before when I gave up on trying to convince you guys that a sofanthiel lynch is bad.
she/her

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #875 on: January 15, 2024, 05:18:45 pm »

Well congratulations, the only one with a kill tonight is Hector, and they also had a protect. The main difference is it has a major downside. What's the downside here?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 15, 2024, 05:21:39 pm »

Of note, day ends in 40 minutes. Cause Votes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 15, 2024, 05:23:02 pm »

I have a multi-action, presumably other players have one too.
"I did X, thus I could not have done the kill" is bullshit.

Since I am getting voted anyways, might as well reveal this now: I won't be flipping. You'll get a " Vanilla Town " result. Part of being a Banshee I guess.

As for NQT, he's not a real cop. He's a Rolecop that read his result of "Banshee" and colored it Blue. You can tell by his not even being sure what that meant in his initial claim. If he were a Real Cop, he would be told the alignments that match the colors.

Well, you have me nicely maximumly spinning.

So, what other claims you wanna make before you launch?

I already wondered what role we might see flip.  God's been pretty clear that we... err, I, I've been asking questions privately... so I... shouldn't necessarily believe roleflips, that roleflips are not God-confirmed per say, and that it's very reasonable for me to ask questions about information in a roleflip if I want to.

So I've been really curious about what roleflip you might show.  I even joked with God about the possibility that everyone in Heaven's talking about how no, that flip wasn't their role at all, and joked about what mine might be when and if I die.

And I was really, really open to you being a banshee that wasn't a threat to humanity.

Was my initial reaction.

I even tried to probe for post restrictions.  I still don't understand you, if you've been communicating anything other than 'Yeah, I'm SK that whined my way into a win with town condition', which when I asked God about if that was possible in one of His games... wow the answer I got.  I don't think conditions are met.

I think the digs at nqt's cop stuff are 'town hunting and get my team more info we need or would be nice to have stuff'.

Else, I guess we can ask:

God, in a game of yours, this one even, is there anything in this which is impossible as a realistic result for an actual inspect result you might give a player using a God-given inspect action?

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 15, 2024, 05:24:57 pm »

I successfully defended nqt.

Okay, I interpreted this as sofanthiel successfully defending NQT from a kill because I’m trying to keep up with the game while doing other things, which may have just been sofanthiel’s action successfully happened.

I couldn't tell you guys before because I was afraid that sofanthiel might get targeted by scum. Anyways, I already revealed what action atleast once before when I gave up on trying to convince you guys that a sofanthiel lynch is bad.

Didn’t you claim having a protect earlier, too?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 15, 2024, 05:25:11 pm »

God, in a game of yours, this one even, is there anything in this which is impossible as a realistic result for an actual inspect result you might give a player using a God-given inspect action?

2. I inspected EuchreJack and he is a Banshee. The role was coloured blue, which I take to mean 'serial killer', but who knows. What I do know is that it's a malevolent supernatural creature.
A result like that would be perfectly possible, yes.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 15, 2024, 05:25:18 pm »

are you choosing not to answer my question about the name of your shared chat?
As meta as it is, God did not explicitly forbid the act, hence: sn1-greys
Sof used a doctor action?
...What?
Sof, are you saying you believe there was a kill attempt N2?
I am saying that I used a "defend" action targeted at nqt and it did not fail.  Whether it was effective is a different question, the answer to which has not yet been revealed to me.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 15, 2024, 05:27:24 pm »

Well congratulations, the only one with a kill tonight is Hector, and they also had a protect. The main difference is it has a major downside. What's the downside here?

Think there is -any- chance game ends with Jack's death?

I do, would mean threats to humanity are between Jack alone or Jack and web.

If not, we have more hunting to do.

Aliens can trust that there is at least one more scum in play (maybe them and they know it!) if game doesn't end with D3 elim of Jack.  They can know that even if web is scum, someone else out here in play is scum.  If they're not scum themselves, that's a nice small pool to pick from.

If they are scum, they gotta be careful who they get out.  Take a townie target, uhh, why'd you do that if you're not scum?  Take a scummy target, uhh, we run out of people to investigate and take out scum-team-alien.

I would not want to be alien scum team this game, not the position they made for themselves.

So if game isn't over, and aliens are not scum, there MUST be one scum at least between nqt-imp-TM-qua.

I like those odds.

And if we don't like whoever team alien abducts N3, we can deal with that D4, there'll be enough of us, I think.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 15, 2024, 05:35:19 pm »

Didn’t you claim having a protect earlier, too?

Not that I saw.
I can only do two things. Abduct and unabduct. Sofanthiel can do much more than that.

This is about sof, not CM, if you follow the conversation.

As a qution Crystal, what are these powers which are oh so helpful to town. Being able to decide that your vote is the only one that matters isn't very useful is it?
Fine, the power I didn't want to disclose is a protect that can only protect town.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 15, 2024, 05:37:08 pm »

They were really suspicious of me at first but after I said that I win with humans but am not one, they stated they also win with humans.

Wow, your private chat is surely going to be a delight to read when game is over.

Was anything God-confirmed for you guys in that private chat at all?
The title of the chat confirms we are teammates. I also saw sofanthiel's role pm and n1 pm. I do know what action sofanthiel took n2 but I don't know the result.

CM, how does this:

are you choosing not to answer my question about the name of your shared chat?
As meta as it is, God did not explicitly forbid the act, hence: sn1-greys

cause you to say:

The title of the chat confirms we are teammates.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 15, 2024, 05:38:01 pm »

I'm not a full role cop. I wouldn't have been speculating so much about EJ's possible actions if I knew what he could do.

I learned exactly what I claimed: EJ's role name and SK-blue colour. As Max has not graced us with any mechanics in the OP, it's not clear.

Max:

1. Do colours point to alignments.
2. What alignments are there
3. Is there definitely a mafia team in Supernormal Mafia
4. Have you lied at all in your answers
5. How many anti-villager players are there?
6. Can any player perform two actions in one phase?

Pages: 1 ... 57 58 [59] 60 61 ... 76