Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76

Author Topic: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Game Over, Vampires and Reptilians Win  (Read 35591 times)

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Maximum Spin's Supernormal Mafia: Round 2, start!
« Reply #270 on: January 11, 2024, 12:28:46 pm »

Sof, as previously mentioned, is unlikely to have performed the kill, and is thus not a good vote for today. If you think sof is scum, vote whomever you think is his scumbuddy that did the kill.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 11, 2024, 01:10:00 pm »

As far as I can tell, web's case on me is based solely around my meta as a player and the fact that I keep saying that I'm vanilla town.

Like, that's not even a case. Note also how he stopped mentioning TricMagic altogether, and hasn't tried to explain how we relate.

The meta stuff falls apart because this is a bastard game and most of the games I've played haven't been bastard. I'm acting differently because I'm semi-paranoid vanilla town.

Web says "he's using non-action as cover for performing the kill". Ignores that that reasoning would apply to EuchreJack too, and I claimed first.

webadict is scum. He probably didn't perform the kill, but he's literally scum. Not that it's a bad idea to look for the killer, but we have floundering scum right here. So let's start with him.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: January 11, 2024, 01:14:48 pm »

Hey, Fal.  I hear you.  I have some concerns about web too.

What's your impression of the nqt-sof interaction, and how do you evaluate the chance that Qua may have targeted sof and ended up using sanctuary, and that may be involved in the death and subsequent weirdness?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 11, 2024, 01:25:25 pm »

Why are we voting sofa at all?  sofa didn't kill or resurrect.  We shouldn't be voting sofa.

@Fallacy:  No point trying to vote out TricMagic if he's not here.  I'm gonna be honest that I don't really care all that much, because I wanted to be dead and not have to play and I never really get to die first in a game, but I came back as a voteless survivor, so I'm kinda screwed no matter what.  If you wanna vote me, whatever, but the problem is that it's literally going after me for something I didn't know in a Bastard Mod.  I was a Vanilla Townie Yesterday.  Max confirmed this, and he's laughing at me right now.

Basically, my point is this: Yeah, no fucking doy I don't wanna die.  But I literally couldn't have killed, and voting me doesn't find scum.

Personally, I think you know who killed Quarque, which is why you're not looking.  You are looking for someone to vote out.  It isn't Town reasoning, and I think you are lying.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 11, 2024, 01:29:15 pm »

May we please have a votecount from God?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: January 11, 2024, 01:35:30 pm »

@FoU:  The reason I believe EuchreJack and not you is because I believe Euchre, and I don't believe you.  Everyone else's role changed and yours didn't is really convenient, and that you didn't target someone is really convenient, and that you are voting a player that could not have killed is convenient.  So, if you think that's flawed, your attack should be on Euchre, but it's not.  It's on a LITERALLY CONFIRMED TOWN'S ACTIONS.  I cannot stress enough how dumb that line of thinking is.  If you think I was converted, that's a different story, but that's not your argument, and it doesn't even solve your problem.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 11, 2024, 01:37:03 pm »

Already on it.

The present votecount appears to be:
CrystalizedMire (0):
EuchreJack (0):
FallacyofUrist (2): CrystalizedMire, notquitethere
Imp (0):
notquitethere (2): sofanthiel, Imp
sofanthiel (1): EuchreJack
webadict (1): FallacyofUrist*

In the event of a tie, Fallacy will be lynched for always being scum.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 11, 2024, 01:46:33 pm »

I think you were converted to scum, yes. Pretty sure I made that explicit earlier.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: January 11, 2024, 01:48:41 pm »

Cases D2:

Imp:  Is wondering if nqt caused Qua's death directly or indirectly.
Fal:  Thinks web is floundering scum, period, get web out.  Twice suggested CM as possible partner (Would you explain that, Fal?)
Jack:  General suspicions, no cases.
Web:  Just claimed to be a voteless survivor, voteless seems confirmed by God, and case on Fal is that Fal's lying/unbelievable.  Now seems to be expanding focus a bit.
sof:  focused on nqt, but may not be a case fully made yet.
CM:  Voting fal, says it's sus that Fal won't say who Fal targeted (doesn't believe Fal's claim of no one?) and that fal's always scum, and maybe because Fal's not really contributing to the conversation.
nqt:  offers Fal or Jack as an alternative to themselves, based on contradicting claims about their 'new' roles and their claims of taking no action.

dangit, fal doesn't seem interested in discussing my question.

How about you, web?

Same questioon, What's your impression of the nqt-sof interaction, and how do you evaluate the chance that Qua may have targeted sof and ended up using sanctuary, and that may be involved in the death and subsequent weirdness?

Also, whatcha willing to say about your cursed-ness, survivor-claimer?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 11, 2024, 01:51:53 pm »

As I've already mentioned, Crystalizedmire was unusually defensive of webadict earlier.

In two successive posts, webadict claimed to be confirmed town and a survivor. Both of these cannot be true, it has to be one or the other. And if he's a survivor, why is he even trying to find scum?

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 11, 2024, 01:58:24 pm »

Just to be clear, I don't care that webadict couldn't have killed. He's scum. Behavioral tells are enough for me. He probably wasn't scum yesterday, given the change from passive, calm, to aggressive, focused.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 11, 2024, 02:10:16 pm »

I've also decided that the only role anyone is allowed to claim is vanilla town. :)

God, is the above still in effect, presuming it was ever in effect?  What may we know about the penalty, if any, for breaking it?

And if he's a survivor, why is he even trying to find scum?

Apparently 'survivors' have in earlier supernaturals, noting this is a supernormal instead.

But in this one: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=180323.msg8414345#msg8414345

Max was

You are an Archdevil (Neutral).  You win if the Player with the Role Summoner (Witch) is executed OR if you are alive at the end of the game.

and Lenglon was

You are a Pixie (Neutral).  You win when all Evil Players are removed from the game, and there is at least one Good Player alive.

Course, Max's target was a town member, but Max seems to have played pro-town (I'm still rereading the game, but I'm seeing scumhunting there), and Leng was like a neutral town-ally more than a survivor.

But if 'you are alive at the end of the game' is the wincon for a survivor, then a town win is as good as any other, and getting scum out early is safer for survivors as well as town.  Why not try to find scum, as a survivor?  Why not act town, and get all the safety and benefits of being town.  Except web's kinda sorta being weird more than being town.

I'm a bit more concerned, if web's a survivor, about how many third parties/town/anti-town there may be, and how little wiggle-room we may have for errors.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 11, 2024, 02:13:49 pm »

I've also decided that the only role anyone is allowed to claim is vanilla town. :)

God, is the above still in effect, presuming it was ever in effect?  What may we know about the penalty, if any, for breaking it?
It's not really that much of a rule. Think of it more as a guideline.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 11, 2024, 02:35:52 pm »

I'm busy doing schoolwork right now, which is why I seem so quiet.
she/her

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: January 11, 2024, 02:40:39 pm »

Sof, as previously mentioned, is unlikely to have performed the kill, and is thus not a good vote for today. If you think sof is scum, vote whomever you think is his scumbuddy that did the kill.
Then why are you voting sofanthiel?
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 76