Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16

Author Topic: A Mischief of Birbs: Forgotten in the Night: Mafia Victory  (Read 8824 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 1 - Scatterbrains in the Trees (6/6)
« Reply #120 on: December 07, 2023, 03:02:21 am »

Waves a miserable hand at Catfia  Seems we've both had the distinct pleasure of previously gaming beside Max, Catfia was mine.  Maybe we both still have the headache from our previous tangles.  I'm currently horrified that I have some sense of townieness from the dude.
It's kind of mean when you say it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 07, 2023, 03:50:09 am »

They were voting me when I explained them my top town pick, with reasons.  They were voting me when I explained my concerns.  Why did my reaction change?  Clearly because of the vote, right?  Seriously, Hec, I don't understand your... blinders?  I don't mind at all explaining reasoning, but what the heck is yours?  What are you seeing and not seeing to make you notice what you do and not notice what you don't appear to?  Impressive tunneling, but is it town tunnel or scum tunnel?  I don't expect to find out today.

Egan has parked their vote on you but hasn’t just ignored the rest of the game.

It may not be a whole lot, but there was effort to consider CM here and question sofanthiel here.

Here he says he’ll sheep Max and I (though sheep seems a bit too strong since they at least appear to have made some effort to form reads on their own) because he thinks we’re town. It’s not a horrible thing to do on D1, particularly in light of their contributions during the gamebreaking discussion and their efforts into pressing CM and sofanthiel; I’m currently doing similar in that I consider Egan town, yet you’re throwing shade his way, which makes me think ill of you.

What exactly am I being blind about? It’s unlikely I’ll read your response before day end, but something to chew on for D2 should it arise.

If it’s a reference to tunneling, then sure, I’m tunneling. Reason being, I was trying to decide who to vote between you and sofanthiel, and sofanthiel has disappeared into the mists, so I’m focusing on you as you’re the only one of the two responding.

Of course, I’m also aware (having used the tactic before as scum) that sofanthiel could be trying to make me/us forget they exist, as they were receiving quite a bit of pressure before their absence, possibly in the hope you receive more attention and get taken out as a consequence. “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down” and all that.

To be perfectly honest, I was going to switch to sofanthiel, but maybe Egan will chime in before the deadline and fill in some of the gaps.

If nothing else it’ll give us more to go on for deciding night targets, and a potential D2.

This’ll be my last post of the day. Don’t do anything silly while I’m unconscious.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 07, 2023, 05:16:21 am »

Could you explain the difference?

Does this also apply to your reads for Imp, Egan, CM, and myself?
It's... explained in the very snippet you quoted.  If that explanation doesn't suffice, ask a more specific question.

My rationale behind suspecting you the most at that time was not the fact that you took part in a meta discussion; it was the fact that you only took part in a meta discussion.  Max, who, in your opinion, also did so to that extent, was, in my eyes, already covered for a different reason.  That reason was and still is my meta-read on him.

sofanthiel
Crap.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 07, 2023, 05:26:21 am »

Crystal has posted just once more in all this time.  A single post!  Talk about:
could be trying to make me/us forget they exist, as they were receiving quite a bit of pressure before their absence, possibly in the hope you receive more attention and get taken out as a consequence. “The nail that sticks out gets hammered down” and all that.
With but a few hours left on the clock, my pressure vote is slowly but surely solidifying.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: December 07, 2023, 06:51:32 am »

Less than 3 hours remain, and I'm not the biggest fan of the current predicament.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 07, 2023, 08:47:46 am »

Testing Time.
1 Hour remains.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 07, 2023, 08:52:19 am »

Testing Time.
1 Hour remains.

sofanthiel: Maximum Spin, Crystalizedmire, Imp
Crystalizedmire: sofanthiel,
Imp: Egan_BW

Not Voting: Hector13

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: December 07, 2023, 09:11:23 am »

Confirming I am awake and present, if any other players wish to discuss.

I recommend if we do anything, we discuss, agree, and work as a team, no single player crazy fast shenanigans.

Sof is my top scum pick.

Cry to me would be a policy lynch if a number of us did switch to Cry.
I dislike policy lynches, as they tend to get certain playstyles hung every single time, and that tends to drive players away.
That said, I'd love to see the overall standard of interaction go up so high that there's more pressure on low level activity, but that's very meta and totally unfair to start in a game with literally 24 hour days.  5 posts inside 24 hours is more than the minimum expected from most players at all, so... I can't wave policy hard here.  Plus, my vote's on my top scum pick.

But here, ready to discuss if team, all of us, whoever are here, want to talk.

My vote is stay on Sof for reasons I already discussed extensively.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: December 07, 2023, 09:50:33 am »

*checks time*  Day may have ended.  However, wanna mention... if this game ends soon, could we have another?  There's still time before any other game seems ready to start.

Tric, wanna immediately redo this fast game?  Maybe start in a few hours from now, since we're likely to be around?  I'd in

Also, and openly, I volunteer to be scum next time.  Several have mentioned they've not seen me as scum yet.  Now, you're gonna random it.  So maybe I wouldn't be scum.  But I'd agree to start play with that level of pressure, that I openly requested to be scum for it and maybe actually am - and if we run out of game because this one ended/ends so soon, let's immediately have another new game, woo!

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Night 1 - All Aflutter
« Reply #129 on: December 07, 2023, 10:08:01 am »

Day 1 has ended. The birdbrains decide that sofanthiel must be the culprit, and loot their nest looking for their shiniest. But oh know, only regular shinies! Still yours though. Sofanthiel is now demoted to bottom of the branches, having no shinies.

Night 1 begins, send in your Tracking Actions.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A Mischief of Birbs: Day 2 - Slip a bird on the barbie (4/6)
« Reply #130 on: December 08, 2023, 11:04:15 am »

After a short time of tracking, investigating, and flying, town finds Max with the goods. One notices their Shiniest and the entire flock goes into a frenzy. Maxspin is  thrown to the ground out of the nest, as the other birdbrains search his stuff. But there is only 1 shiniest, where is the rest?

Looking towards them, they've broken their wing and can not fly back up. Accusations quickly fly free.

Max was Framed for the Crime(and effectively killed)1 Mafia Remains
The day will end in 24 hours, hammers in effect. 3 to lynch.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: December 08, 2023, 11:06:07 am »

I propose this.

Before any of us say who we tracked last night, we ask us all this one question.

Does anyone want to admit they went to the night kill target?

Maybe nobody tracked the killer.  Maybe someone did.

Shall we magpies play that game of chicken, or is this a bad idea?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 08, 2023, 11:12:04 am »

I have reasons and ideas for why I think that might be more strategic and valuable than just stating "I tracked X to Y".

I would love a discussion of my proposal even before anyone states even 'I went to the night kill target' if any of us states that.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: December 08, 2023, 12:38:45 pm »

What’s the point in discussing strategy when people are going to have actual information to share? It’s not a game of chicken, it’s a waste of time. Why do you want to waste time?

Here’s how I see the game going: we’re at 4 players, MyLo. Thus, a mistake on the lynch is a loss. Tracks aren’t evidence in and of themselves, they say who someone visited, not what they did. We no lynch today, find out whether or not the scum is compelled to kill, and probably come back to the same situation D3. We either do that ad infinitum, or we bite the bullet and do something about it. That’s the only strategy that matters.

I visited Max.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 08, 2023, 12:58:37 pm »

Thank you for discussing!

Please, Cry and Egan, will you share your thoughts?  And if possible, not share immediately who you visited?

See, the scum had to have visited Max.

But the scum doesn't know if anyone visited the scum or if anyone but the scum visited Max.

So there is town-valuable discussion potential here.

I say we have reason, and time, to discuss, at least briefly, the idea I bring up....

3 of us are town.  What do the other two that haven't spoken think we should do, and discuss about if those who claim they visted Max should speak before anyone else, before we discuss what we each actually did last night?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 16