Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: The Wiki Wars: Another’s Treasured  (Read 1840 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Wiki Wars: Another’s Treasured
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2023, 06:14:38 pm »

Hop in my car, get the hell away from these freaks, and go find a joint to rob!

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2023, 02:29:01 am »

Put me in
I wish to die horribly

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2023, 03:44:44 am »

Hmm, very nice start! Providence, 1928. Goblins, colors from out in space, a dumbass about to die. I like, I like.
Thank you! I was wondering if I maybe put too many Additionals in, glad to see somebody likes it.

That isn't too complex a strategy to be enacted, I hope. My chances seem to be on the slimmer side what with chemistry and happiness, but I suppose I'll die a happy man at least. Anyway, is the green river on our west or east (if direction can be determined)?
The river is to the west of the start and goes in a vaguely northerly direction. I’ll probably update the turn with that later. It’s not too big a clarification, so it should be fine.

Put me in
I wish to die horribly
I can’t guarantee death, but aside from that of course! Welcome! Because it’s the First Round you’ll be put in at the end of next turn, so be ready for that.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 03:48:10 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2023, 03:55:03 am »

Use my spears and charge Maya while she's distracted by that fox thing, also use my ki to enhance this attack.

(Are my spears long enough to count as pole arms?)
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2023, 04:07:40 am »

Yes, they are. It’s not so much a length thing as it is structural, but either way the spears definitely count as polearms.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2023, 04:28:19 am »

Yes, they are. It’s not so much a length thing as it is structural, but either way the spears definitely count as polearms.
That's good to hear, figured I needed to ask before I tried to use that skill to find out that the spears weren't long enough or something.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2023, 07:13:13 am »

Corrupt Omen
Classic Brawl
Turn 1: The Violent Dawn
Providence, Rhode Island
Early Morning, 1928

Ninetales is the first to move, compelled to take the initiative by the instinctive pokemon desire to battle. The constant shielding light of the luminous barrier shines brightly across her fur, catching and refracting off the countless jewels of ice coating her. Alolan Ninetales lets out a small chirping noise, before letting loose a dazzling physical aurora towards the fighters directly opposite her- the scientist and his robot. The freezing lightshow immediately draws the eyes of every wiki warrior gathered; including it’s intended target. [8 vs 9] Dr. Mercer, seeing the light accumulating around Ninetales, is given just enough warning to run out of the way and barely dodge the attack. [8 vs 5+2 (Steel Type)] Windcharger, confident in his thick metallic frame, finds dodging unnecessary. Though mostly correct, some of his internal oils and fluid thicken from the cold light’s impact, slowing him down slightly for the events to come. As Ninetales steps back from her attack, she can feel everyone’s eyes focusing directly on her. She can read the mood; that just made her a target. She needs to get to cover before things get messy. Ninetales turns around and prepares to utilise the new terrain, jumping over the river to a safer location, [Jump: 1+2 (Strength)] but in her haste to move miscalculates the river’s width. Her incredible leap is stopped short at only the river’s mid-point, her passive radiance refracting through the green river’s waters [Swimming: 9+2 (Strength)] as she manages to effortlessly keep her head above the water, resuming the ill-fated journey to the other side of the river.

This is all secondary to General Janvier, deep in his own bliss as he is. His eyes widen as the Ninetales’ aurora is made manifest, but he turns not to caution or worry. No, his eyes remain nothing but joyful. “At last, I have found eternal happiness!” But though his enjoyment is pure, he remains a General, a soldier. And General Janvier is no fool. The hostility in his competitor’s eyes is obvious, and with but a second of thought his path becomes clear; retreat. “Though there must be better views elsewhere, I am sure. Come, my winged friend, let us savour them together!” [Flight: 10] The Bumbling Snitchbug grabs hold of Janvier and lifts him into the air at a tremendous speed, determined to obey it’s master and friend. [Search: 7] Now flying freely above both small buildings and his enemies Janvier can see the immediate scourge to the city; Goblins. People are fighting Goblins in the street, some with pipes and whatever they can find, most with pistols or some form of hunting rifle, and a few using new innovations to the time: Besuited men brandishing Tommy Guns at the green horde. The Goblins at large appear unfazed by this, and though most appear to wield stones and spears with some looting the tools of their victims, Janvier notes that some also wield strange guns of a foreign design. No chemistry labs in sight, but there does appear to be a large building to the north fortified against a full Goblin siege; a hospital.

Though a wiki warrior is usually inclined to violence, Nahum Gardner very much did not want to be here. “What is happening anymore!?” He babbled loudly, desperately reaching for sense in the bizarre circumstances he’s been thrust into. The glimmering light of the cold coming off some weird dog thing broke him from his panic, reasserting himself in something familiar, if reluctantly so. The colors from that fox, at least, were nothing truly like the Color he had known. “I can’t handle this… all this strangeness… all since that accursed Color began. I miss my family, I miss the farm…” His lamenting wasn’t broken immediately by the sudden appearance of the [Creation: 6+2 (Farming)] well-made and devilishly sharp scythe into his hands. Indeed, it takes him a few seconds to notice it’s existence at all, and several more to believe it. Nahum shakes his head and begins to run off, going only off a base desire to run and hide from the growing madness around him. [Hide: 7] His panic leads him around the back and side of some buildings across the street, terror-wrought instinct lightening his footsteps. Maybe here he could get his bearings.

The freezing light show drew Maya’s attention, as it did everyone’s, but she was more concerned with the aftermath. As Ninetales runs away and fails it’s jump, Maya grins with the satisfaction of a well-made plan. Slight wisps of blue light escape from one of her arms, the proudly displayed tattoos glowing with deep but subtle power. An orb of space-bending energy shoots out from her, perfectly on target to hit the swimming creature, [2 vs 7+2 (Luminous Barrier)] before it… disappears? Maya’s grin slips off her face as her Phaselock impacts with the glowing shield surrounding Ninetales and vanishes with a light burst of force. [Bounce: 10] Something Ninetales is only too keen to use to her advantage, using the Phaselock’s disappearing rush of space to launch herself forward and finally land on the other side of the river. Maya, not one to balk at a failed plan, grabs the Hangin’ Chadd from her back. The flaming mess of a weapon spits out black smoke as she tries to aim it at the retreating fox, [6-3 (Extreme!) vs 3] and though the incendiary bullets manage to melt some of Ninetales swiftly replenished ice coat the weapon is simply too unreliable to hit, the sights absolutely covered in smog. A weird flapping sound catches her attention, and a quick cursory look around reveals some crazy guy quickly flying through the air riding a fly. She doesn’t have to think much, the response to weird animals beaten into her after being on Pandora, before Maya grabs a tomahawk from her belt and chucks it at the retreating soldier. [1-3 (Distance) vs 9] She quickly regrets this decision as the tomahawk not only misses, but also draws the attention of the monster they left behind. [2 vs 6] Once again her Pandoran instincts drive her away from the Bulborb, dodging away from it’s telegraphed charge and bite. Despite it’s failed attack, it still stands between it’s fleeing master and Maya, now within easy biting range.

Dr. Challus Mercer slowly stands up, eyes locking onto Ninetales from across the river, outraged. He raises his rivet gun, now hyperaware of the fox’s movements. [2-1 (Distance) vs 3] Three shots of rivets scatter on the ground around Ninetales, the pokemon too tired to dodge and the scientist too far away to aim properly. Mercer holsters his weapon, leaping for cover behind a nearby tree [Hide: 6]. Now hidden as best he could after just firing a gun, Mercer examines the rest of the fighters. He sees the fox, of course, the soldier is flying away, the farmer… Challus narrows his eyes, glancing around. [Search: 9] He finds the farmer crouched behind a store across the street, having a panic attack and holding a scythe that he obviously hadn’t appeared with. Mercer motions at that spot lazily to the still idling transformer behind him. “Curious. Windcharger, kill him. Hurry it up.” Windcharger salutes quickly, before transforming into a car and driving directly at Nahum. [7 vs 4] The farmer watches in fear as the car hurtles towards him, trying to move away but frozen in panic. He finally manages to respond, turning to try running away behind the building, but just isn’t fast enough to outrun a speeding car. Nahum’s retreat wasn’t entirely in vain however, managing to turn a direct hit into a glancing blow. [Composure: 4] He falls to the ground clutching his side, yelling in agony; the lava lamp and newly made scythe slipping out of his grip to land beside him. Windcharger retransforms to his robotic mode, looming above Nahum unfeeling and unsympathetic.

It’s perhaps a bad sign that Pierce is already sick of this. He gets in his car and stomps full force onto the accelerator, the sovereign swerving off across the road. He very carefully doesn’t look as he drives past the massive robot assaulting some guy next to a lava lamp. “Gotta get the hell outta here. Freaky magic foxes and 20 foot robots, hell no.” [Driving: 7+2] A pack of Goblins gesture menacingly at Pierce trying to block him from leaving, but are quickly reduced to nothing but roadkill. [Explore: 1+2] In his rush to leave, the buildings all seem to blur together into a vague featureless mess. Several look like they could be storefronts, but none particularly stand out. Though he doesn’t find anywhere specific, he is surrounded by buildings, and at least he’s probably left the others behind. [Secret Area: Activated]

Sakura breathes out, opens her eyes and immediately dashes towards Maya, hefting her dual spears up like a jousting stance. Her patient waiting to focus her Ki, watching to find who’d be most distracted, all of it culminating in this one strike. Her muscles inflate with the invisible power of her soul [3+4 (Ki Boost, Spears) vs 5] as she just barely rips into Maya’s side, the ongoing fight distracting her, yes, but also heightening her senses to dodge anything coming at her. Now Maya, [Composure: 8] clutching her side but still in the fight, Sakura, one spear slightly dripping with blood, and the Jumbo Bulborb, making it’s best growling sounds at this new threat, all stand across from another.

In the middle of Market Square appears a new challenger, a sunken faced man in low quality cloth armour. Four copies of him stand at his side, their eyes dull and glazed over.

Note: Thus concludes the first turn! Only two people injured so far, but that’s sure to change very soon. I hope you all enjoyed!

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crystalizedmire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megam0nkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secretdorf (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: The Canadian kitten (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 07:55:48 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2023, 05:22:58 pm »

"Press the attack, Jumbo boy!! Punish any offenders and head back in our direction," were the General's last instructions to the giant beast. "Now, if only I could convince one of these fine lads to part with their guns..."

Jumbo Bulborb will try to swallow Maya or at least seriously maim her. Once Maya's offed or manages to escape, the Bulborb will head in the direction the Bug went and try to reunite with the boss. The Snitchbug will drop the General on a safe roof or someplace like that while Janvier will find the best target to rob, somebody with a good gun who is susceptible to a surprise attack by a giant flying bug coming out of nowhere, preferably the goblins with fancy guns. The Snitchbug will make a surprise on the indicated target, grabbing it, flying up into the air, and drop it somewhere nearby to Janvier, who will relieve the target of his weapon(hopefully guns are not as fragile as bones).

Also, yeah, that was a pretty fun first turn. I got quite lucky on the rolls so a decent start, at least for me.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2023, 05:32:38 pm by Secretdorf »

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2023, 05:41:42 pm »

Windcharger smashes his fist into Nahum.
Dr. Challus spots the Jumbo Bulborb trying to swallow Maya.
He shoots at Jumbo Bulborb using his Rivet Gun
she/her

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2023, 04:17:02 pm »

Fearing for his life, Nahum looked upon the machines head, as he was unable to gather his thoughts, his incoherent burbling with his growing madness caused him to speak Its name, as he invoked a right to summon forth the head of The Serpent as the machine came to punch his head in. The Part of the Creature went to swallow the machine whole, dragon head rising from the earth! In a panic, he then himself went to grab his scythe, prepared to slash at anyone else who approached him!

Call forth a piece of Mappo No Ryujin to dismantle this machine! Then arm myself for further conflict!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2023, 04:18:53 pm by Megam0nkey »

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2023, 05:34:17 pm »

"Thank Arceus," the Ninetales thinks, managing to have avoided every blow despite her fatigue. Taking a deep breath in, she decides to kill two Flying-types with one stone. Quickly, before the Snitchbug gets away fully, a Rock Throw + Pursuit towards either the General or his mount!

Super fun first turn! :)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2023, 04:11:33 am »

Track down Nahum Gardner with everybody turning into werewolves.
Attack all present with everybody's Battle Torrent

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2023, 12:48:36 pm »

There's gotta be a store somewhere, right? Hold up the first one I see and search the back for a safe. If it doesn't have one, just steal a bunch of random crap.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2023, 04:44:31 am »

Use my spears to continue my attack on Maya stabbing any bit of her that's vulnerable looking.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2023, 10:34:15 am »

Will post later today, just got done with a quarter of all day testing and my brain is broke can’t focus
Pages: 1 [2] 3