Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: The Wiki Wars: Another’s Treasured  (Read 1839 times)

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
The Wiki Wars: Another’s Treasured
« on: November 26, 2023, 09:20:02 am »

You are but the scraps of your betters, coagulated in a wasteland beyond coherency; a cosmic stew of senseless mass. Detritus torn of cohesive thought born of concepts lost and forsaken. Arbitrary and ragged, pointless and uncertain Things with no reason to be. Yet here you stand, for there is hope. A chance however slim to become Something, something greater, something novel- something Whole! Indeed, it is not to be Real, but ANY Existence surpasses the fanciful wretch you fester as now!

So go, base amalgam. Live, Fight and Die for your chance at Completion. For only one can claim the crown and become Something of any worth.

Welcome to my attempt at a Wiki War, where the random dregs of the multiverse clump together and hit each other really hard! You can ignore all that stuff above if you want, it’s basically just flavour text. It won’t affect the gameplay in any significant way. I’m mostly just stealing the format from the more recent Wiki Wars, but here are the rules if you’re unfamiliar:

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

The first round is going to be a Classic Brawl! The first player to 10 Points Wins!
We’ll start 48 hours after the most recent player joins. For This Round Only, if the player count isn’t filled at the beginning then characters will spawn in as players join. Best of luck to you all, and let the Wars begin.

Players: 9/10
Knightwing64, Crystalizedmire, Elephant Parade, King Zultan, Megam0nkey, Greatness942, Secretdorf, The Canadian kitten, Failbird105

Waitlist:
None dare even watch such a useless cacophony, less volunteer for redundancy.

Past Winners:
Nothing but Residue and Ash. Failure is the default, Victory is the goal.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2023, 09:36:03 pm by LovecraftianFairyTale »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
Re: The Wiki Wars: Another’s Treasured
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 01:03:13 pm »

IN

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 01:16:13 pm »

In
she/her

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 03:40:30 pm »

In

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 28, 2023, 02:31:52 am »

IN
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 28, 2023, 04:38:20 am »

In, this seems pretty cool!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2023, 09:14:25 am »

Holy shit, a new Wiki-Warfare! And right when I was finally going to update one of mine, too!

How lucky the timing is. IN, if you don't mind, :)
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2023, 03:22:07 pm »

IN

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2023, 06:09:02 am »

Corrupt Omen
Classic Brawl
Turn 0: War Were Declared
Providence, Rhode Island
Early Morning, 1928

The sun rises over the city of Providence, it’s early light shining rays through buildings new and decaying alike. But beyond any societal rot seeping through this city, it’s citizens would wake to a far greater chaos than they could ever comprehend.

Everywhere, sprouting like weeds amongst cultivated civilisation, green creatures of chaos wreak havoc and destruction; The Goblin King has declared war on humanity. Be they savage, vicious or highly advanced, Goblins of all shapes and sizes have arrived in multitudes to annihilate the city of Providence. All this under the rule of The Goblin King, a Giant amongst Goblins in his Mechanised Armour. There are very few definite facts about him: He is powerful, he is somewhere in the city, and any who defeat him would be the new Goblin King.

Beyond the obvious malefactors, something evil stirs in the dark. A meteor has landed near East Providence carrying a parasitic curse. Though normally patient and placid, it’s ancient instincts can feel the blasphemy near to unfold. Urged forth, it’s Colourful payload begins drinking deep of the area, finding Life and leaving naught but Colour.

In South Providence a chaos of more ordinary stakes unfolds. A madman desperate for a rush is harassed by unsavoury elements, looters already driven mad by the city’s turn. His death would be meaningless, but to save him may yield surprising benefits.

Yet the worst of all, the truest danger to the city and possibly reality itself, suddenly appear in Market Square by a flash of dubious light, a green river appearing to their west running from north to south. They stand in a circle, equidistant to each other:
A woman with blue hair covered in tattoos, tomahawks strapped to her belt and a flaming gun on her back.
A man in white uniform, two rayguns at his side and a towering humanoid car standing ready behind him.
A suited man lazily slouched against a car’s hood, at ease with his rifle so near.
A woman wearing some kind of uniform, wielding two vicious spears as a small draconic creature floats about her head.
A lean, middle-aged man armed with only a lava lamp, but a strange air surrounds him that holds an ill portent.
A fox of pale, flowing fur and nine tails, glowing with crystals of ice that glitter in the morning radiance.
And an incredibly happy man, tailed by a large floating insect and a strange bipedal creature twice his height.

These are you, Wiki Warriors. They are who you shall be, whom you’ll control as you race for victory against your fellows. Many of you will die, and many are yet to come, but as you look across at each other you know the most fundamental truth of your existence.

War has been declared.

Note: This is way more players than I expected, wow. Thank you for joining everyone! I hope you all have a good time! Just a reminder, First to 10 Points Wins, any late joiners up to the max player count will be thrown right into the fray. Best of luck, and happy hunting!

Spoiler: Knightwing64 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crystalizedmire (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: King Zultan (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Megam0nkey (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Greatness942 (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Secretdorf (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 03:47:32 am by LovecraftianFairyTale »

LovecraftianFairyTale

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2023, 06:20:37 am »

And there we go, that’s Turn 0 done! A bit earlier than I said I’d post it, but honestly I‘ve had this done for a while and just wanted to get it over with. I’d also like to thank everyone who’s joined so far, I really didn’t think I’d get this many players so fast! Best of luck with the upcoming rolls, and I hope you all enjoy!

Greatness942

• Bay Watcher
  • A sarcastic, weird nerd of many things. That's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2023, 06:54:36 am »

Hmm, very nice start! Providence, 1928. Goblins, colors from out in space, a dumbass about to die. I like, I like.

"*fox chirp*" says the Alolan Ninetales, thrust into a new world at a new time. If the following battle is to be against people instead of Pokemon, so be it.
Alolan Ninetales, use Aurora Beam on Dr. Mercer and the five-meter tall Transformer! Then, attempt to leap to the other side of the Green River to take some cover.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 06:56:17 am by Greatness942 »
Offer them each a glass of a local drink, Rwandan Flower Wine, which contains secret ingredients to help calm the drinker such as crushed amethyst, dandelion wine and just the right amount of marijuana.
I desire, for whatever reason, to create Space Louisiana.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2023, 11:19:17 am »

"At last, I have found eternal happiness," says the happy man and takes stock of his surroundings, "too bad these people will not let me savour it." A battleplan starts coalescing in his mind and he swiftly spurs his minions into action.

The Snitchbug will pick Kairari, the happy man, and fly away to safety, wherever are some buildings which can provide cover, preferably across the river and where no one else is heading. The Bulborb will cover the retreat, trying to take any attacks or dissuade any pursuers by engulfing them; once the Bug's safely out of sight (or if nobody shows any hostility), the Bulborb will also follow the trail to reunite with its allies. Look out for any firearms or weapons that can be used or a chemistry lab.

That isn't too complex a strategy to be enacted, I hope. My chances seem to be on the slimmer side what with chemistry and happiness, but I suppose I'll die a happy man at least. Anyway, is the green river on our west or east (if direction can be determined)?

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2023, 02:13:30 pm »

"What is happening anymore!?"[ Shouts the Farmer cast through time and space in some sort of cruel cosmic joke... "I cant handle this...all this strangeness...since that accursed color began...." He muttered, already in a panick from the unexpected jaunt across America, and all the strangeness that surrounded him from the others...oh he missed the farm...what he would do to get back there...when he suddenly noticed...that besides the strange device, a sythe had appeared in his hand...though it looked sharp enough to plow through heads rather than fields...this only caused more concern, and he lept for cover, to hide from the growing madness!

Use power of creation to make a weapon I can perhaps use with my farming experience, and hide!
« Last Edit: November 30, 2023, 02:16:54 pm by Megam0nkey »

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2023, 04:21:02 pm »

Maya, upon seeing the Ninetails attempt to jump over the river, grins and a small amount of blue light escapes her arms.

Maya uses Phaselock on the Ninetails during it’s attempt to jump over the river, leaving it suspended right over the river and completely defenseless.

She then unleashes gun fire upon the trapped Ninetails. Before doing this, she takes a chance and tries to throw a Tomahawk right into the fleeing snitchbug with another enemy, hoping to take out two birds with one stone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2023, 04:27:43 pm »

Dr. Challus Mercer sees the Alolan Ninetales getting ready to attack.
Dr. Mercer shoots at the Ninetales using the rivet gun and then hides behind a tree. Windcharger transforms into a car and then runs over Nahum Gardener.
she/her
Pages: [1] 2 3