Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79403 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1920 on: December 29, 2023, 04:48:48 pm »

Esteemed Imp, the reason I think it the N1 kill was a ploy was that nobody has claimed the bus/merge thing that resulted (presumably) in Esteemed sofanthiel’s death and many roleblocks (presumably as a result of Esteemed Egan_BW’s abilities).

The only thing that’s bothering me about it is that we know Esteemed webadict was unable to be redirected, so presumably the bus didn’t affect them, and he was also roleblocked, so I’m thinking there is another roleblock that targeted him specifically, also going unclaimed.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: December 29, 2023, 05:05:47 pm »

We all know this, but it's a commonly considered holiday period.  It's Friday as well, at least in the United States.

Day doesn't end for another more than 24 hours.  Requesting we do not end the day early.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal appears to have been last on about 22 hours ago.
Esteemed Knightwing64 appears to have been last on about 27 hours ago.

That might mean only horrible things.  It also might mean holiday traffic, extra work hours, hangovers, illness, family needs, and more.

We have more than 24 hours before day must end, and I ask us to consider being patient during this holiday season, in case folks do legitimately need a bit more time.

Also dang it Lenglon I’m not lurking my power went out. It’s been storming pretty bad here

Also sighs it is by no means certain that a simplify from me can remove extra votes that a person has.  It would depend on exactly how their role was written, and of course that's something I can't know.  But I certainly could do what simplify does:

(1-Shot, Night) Simplify [target]: Your target’s role loses all abilities.

I would guess that the wording means, if they currently have the vote because the ability says so, then they would lose it/them.  Otherwise... I don't think so.

like, I would predict, and that's just me thinking, that if I'd simplified the Esteemed sofanthiel during the time that one appears to have had two votes - the two votes would stay.

So, please don't expect me to save us from a tsunami of votes.  I don't think I can - with ability.  Words, maybe.  I only have one vote.

I'm really not seeming to be the right vig to deal with Esteemed Secretdorf, plus I'm not really a vig.

Can someone capable please engage that person in scumhunting or something?  I have tried.  Show me how it's done, maybe?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: December 29, 2023, 05:12:00 pm »

Esteemed hector13:
Esteemed Imp, the reason I think it the N1 kill was a ploy was that nobody has claimed the bus/merge thing that resulted (presumably) in Esteemed sofanthiel’s death and many roleblocks (presumably as a result of Esteemed Egan_BW’s abilities).

The only thing that’s bothering me about it is that we know Esteemed webadict was unable to be redirected, so presumably the bus didn’t affect them, and he was also roleblocked, so I’m thinking there is another roleblock that targeted him specifically, also going unclaimed.

Hey, my thinking, someone used this ability of Esteemed Egan_BW:

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

Some of us appeared to know the name of that ability before the elimination of that person D2: 

Have now read thread. It's Egan. The DOOR is LOCKED.

Gate of Dreams when?
My guess would involve doors, due to who is here and who is not. but there are other options.
What did you mean by this?

I think you were possibly spot on. Or maybe the actual killer, but I'm giving you my confidence now.

But the unredirectable Esteemed Webadict said they were going to target Esteemed Notquitethere.

Any use of that ability of Esteemed Egan_BW,

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

is going to roleblock anyone using an investigative action on either whoever uses that ability (could someone else use it?) and the target, Esteemed notquitethere.

Esteemed notquitethere confirmed someone tried to kill them N1.  Esteemed The Canadian kitten, who targeted Esteemed sofanthiel (who died and revived) and Esteemed Webadict who targeted Esteemed notquitethere (who says they know someone tried to kill them, and would have normally succeeded) both reported roleblocked.

I think it was this door power that our other amazing people were discussing even before we saw Esteemed Egan_BW's roleflip.

What do you think?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: December 29, 2023, 05:16:10 pm »

I think it was this door power that our other amazing people were discussing even before we saw Esteemed Egan_BW's roleflip.

What do you think?
um, yes.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: December 29, 2023, 05:22:05 pm »

What do you think?
um, yes.

Esteemed Maximum Spin, does your 'um, yes' have something to do with what the Esteemed hector13, and perhaps yourself think about Esteemed hector13's concern:

Because I don't understand what I'm missing about what is bothering Esteemed hector13 about this.  I don't see evidence of another roleblock on Esteemed Webadict - if anything I'm unsure how Esteemed The Canadian kitten was roleblocked.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: December 29, 2023, 05:28:37 pm »

That was, but would that also block Esteemed webadict targeting Esteemed notquitethere?

PPE: that does actually make more sense Esteemed Imp

Would it just be that the merge made them one target then?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: December 29, 2023, 05:33:27 pm »

I think the esteemed Hector is wrong about that, yes. It seems self-evident to me that the effect of the kill would happen on both, so webadict (esteemed emeritus, postmortem) would be roleblocked by it, as would The Esteemed Kitten.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: December 29, 2023, 05:45:13 pm »

That was, but would that also block Esteemed webadict targeting Esteemed notquitethere?

PPE: that does actually make more sense Esteemed Imp

Would it just be that the merge made them one target then?

I have no idea.  There's only incidental evidence that there is a merge.

That DOOR power can block any investigative result on either the target, or the one using it.

Scum might enjoy not being investigated.

Esteemed Egan_BW had an ability to protect from normal investigations, 'inspect as town', but Esteemed sofanthiel did not.

If they didn't value holding the revive power for when it was urgently needed, or if they knew for sure they intended for it to be used N1 for some other reason, then it could make sense to wrap Esteemed sofanthiel into the targetting.

I reject that strongly because at no point did Esteemed sofanthiel try to play like town or hide as town.  So it's not about looking town, but ensuring not outed as scum N1?  Worth use of that power, I don't see the value, based on what already shows.  I don't think they meant to sacrifice Esteemed Egan_BW, I think that was skilled play from others and use of unknown abilities to catch.

This is a lot...

"When your role or abilities change due to external factors, they return to their previous state. When you gain a Status, you lose it. When you gain or lose votes, your votes reset to their previous count. This ability may trigger any number of times in a given phase, but after the phase is over, it goes on cooldown for one Cycle."

If they could strip that one of abilities, or role, votes, it resets when that's used.  But they'd want to keep using that, surely (I would).  But if the intention was farm Esteemed sofanthiel, and connect the roleblocking to hide the alignment if inspected....

One possible use is try to lure out other inspection uses?  Scum fearing other scum, they have to find each other too?  That's above the level of play I think I saw used.  But they did roleblock an investigator, apparently, that claimed because of it (would have surely claimed anyway, not so effective there)...

Esteemed notquitethere.... What if the merge is also investigative?  Theoretically, this game in part is around scum teams trying to hunt for whomever had my innate.  My early reveal means no need to hunt for me, but maybe still a hunting tool?

I'm really confused, I just don't see the advantage to getting Esteemed sofanthiel's revive/reset triggered on N1 on purpose unless they were farming that one for abilities/votes/role itself... or intended to lure out investigators onto Esteemed sofanthiel, and wanted to find/roleblock them N1 as much as possible.

I'm guessing the merge made folks 1 target, because of the apparent roleblock outcome from targetting any of [Esteemed sofanthiel or Esteemed notquitethere or Esteemed whoever actually used the power (Esteemed Egan_BW?)].  And then the disappearance of 2 people N2.  Which could be explained by separate banishments, which we could be seeing evidence of today with Esteemed CrystalizedMire still gone, or an 'echoing power' for reasons we don't see.

And initially maybe a target merge of Esteemed ToonyMan and myself based on Esteemed notquitethere's report - but that's been redacted as a misreading of the actual information.  So... who else could be target-merged today, if anyone, and why?

I don't totally believe the target merge.

But I think that the DOOR ability explains Esteemed Webadict's being roleblocked N1.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: December 29, 2023, 06:04:55 pm »

Right. Important point - I did mark Lenglon, but without roleblocking them. I have the ability to mark without roleblocking, which is handy.

Let me review the thread again - and try to make sense of the game, because this is absurd - none of my theories line up with what's happening now.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #1929 on: December 29, 2023, 06:09:16 pm »

Jim Groovester - Jimmy's got a gun

I wish to proactively bring up that my role is themed around defensive abilities and I have one moderator confirmed ability demonstrating this. I wish for players who would mean to do me harm to contemplate what other defensively themed abilities that our moderator could dream up.

I am worth protecting.

nods earnestly  Esteemed Jim Groovester, impressive in every way.  I'm aware that a player that attempted to target you was apparently 'harmlessly' diverted.  I don't think I'd be redirectable.

I have some reservations about approaching you in the night.  I'm not interested in simplifying you - for the same reason I only investigated someone last night.  The only player I have considered simplifying to this point is Esteemed Secretdorf - and I'm not sure enough of actually wiping the votes, or sure enough that this person is in fact anti-town for me to harm them so grievously.  To me, this is a game of dreams, and when I submitted my role, I swore I would use it to try and increase the enjoyability of the game for all.  This isn't my role, but I mean that oath, and simplifying you does not interest me.

Basic inspecting you does.  And I can perhaps protect you by confirming your alignment.   Would it cause my death to attempt to take this action?  I speak generally, I'm not interested in confirming my target tonight, but I want to find out if you're someone I would consider visiting or not.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: December 29, 2023, 06:16:38 pm »

BHK: please share why you wanted me marked and what the mark does.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: December 29, 2023, 06:18:48 pm »

Right. Important point - I did mark Lenglon, but without roleblocking them. I have the ability to mark without roleblocking, which is handy.

Let me review the thread again - and try to make sense of the game, because this is absurd - none of my theories line up with what's happening now.

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal:  Cool.  I really want you sharing everything you can and will, including why you picked Esteemed Lenglon, and what else you did or may have done while there.

Esteemed hector13:  Oh, right, Esteemed Lenglon's result on two people, that appears to be a possible D4 merge that hasn't been ruled out yet.  A merge between whomever targetted and not.

Let's see, if I understand right, Esteemed Lenglon reports scum/non-scum results for N3, suggesting scum was/has to be? part of the merge - or at least someone with a private chat.

N1, merge seems to be Esteemed sofanthiel and Esteemed notquitethere, a confirmed scum/town pair (if we trust my inspect report, I do).

N2, merge seems to be Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed Knightwing64.  Not enough information to conclude if this too is a scum/not-scum pair.

But while I don't believe the merge for sure, and I don't believe it's going to be pairs of scum-not-scum for sure if it exists, I see the possible pattern.  It would need a reason.  Investigative?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: December 29, 2023, 06:24:12 pm »

Imp, would you be willing to super inspect me tonight? I know you probably want to hit SD or MS, but being confirmed town would be incredibly helpful for several reasons.

Hey, Esteemed Elephant Parade, did you mention yet why you didn't ask me D3?

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: December 29, 2023, 06:26:23 pm »

Imp: close, but my inspect doesn't tell me the target's alignment at all. I get groupchat / no groupchat. It's useless against SKs but works on most millers.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: December 29, 2023, 06:31:03 pm »

Imp, would you be willing to super inspect me tonight? I know you probably want to hit SD or MS, but being confirmed town would be incredibly helpful for several reasons.

Hey, Esteemed Elephant Parade, did you mention yet why you didn't ask me D3?
I didn't think to do it.
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 207