Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79535 times)

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 4 - The Same Situation But Worse
« Reply #1665 on: December 28, 2023, 07:11:40 pm »

We're on a roll.

Toony self-targeted, and either targeted Imp or was targeted by Imp.

Also, Imp and Toony were telling the truth about their rolename claims.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1666 on: December 28, 2023, 07:14:39 pm »

I did not intentionally target the Esteemed Toonyman.  I will discuss whatever I did last night after more has been revealed.  I am interested in sorting out possible redirects before I state anything else about what I may have or actually did learn last night.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1667 on: December 28, 2023, 07:16:33 pm »

Can anyone explain what may have happened with the Esteemed sofanthiel's failure to revive?

As I read events, that failure to revive looks odd, and the night name 'Fission Mailed' relates to an apparently fatal situation that is potentially recoverable from and may turn into a win for the one that apparently died.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1668 on: December 28, 2023, 07:17:26 pm »

Before any other arguments are considered, I think it's safest if we eliminate Secretdorf. If he's town, then scum will kill him before he can win the game for us. If he's scum and we're out of kills, then I think we just lose the game in a hail of quickhammers from him once he reaches full potential.

If anyone has a very good case why someone else is scum, then we can go with that, but this should be our default elimination for today.

I did not intentionally target the Esteemed Toonyman.  I will discuss whatever I did last night after more has been revealed.  I am interested in sorting out possible redirects before I state anything else about what I may have or actually did learn last night.
OK, so Toonyman most likely targeted you.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1669 on: December 28, 2023, 07:19:16 pm »

So, bit harsh on Esteemed Knightwing64, guys. Out for a day then no vote.

I suppose it's better than Esteemed Crystalizedmire’s situation.

Are we assuming that the banished folks are town? I was thinking Esteemed sofanthiel may have got some kind of Motivation for a double action, but another player being banished again makes me think otherwise.

It would be excessive for scum to have two players with that ability, if they were on the same team.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1670 on: December 28, 2023, 07:19:31 pm »

I remain calmly but notably concerned about the Esteemed Secretdorf.

I note that the worthy did not need to hammer for Esteemed sofanthiel to die, and that one hammered anyway, at nearly the last possible moment, so it seems unlikely to attempt to prevent any other vote shenanigans besides that one's own.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1671 on: December 28, 2023, 07:20:34 pm »

Also, while Esteemed Imp still has the role wiping ability, Esteemed Secretdorf is not a problem. Equally so if he’s town, scum have to kill ‘im.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1672 on: December 28, 2023, 07:20:50 pm »

FREE FROM PFP

I roleblocked (and bombed) CM again.

I find it fairly unlikely that scum would banish town!CM and town!KW, particularly the former. They haven't been power players, they aren't town locks (though the vets seem very confident KW is town?), and they haven't claimed their power roles. However, I could see sofanthiel banishing town!CM to let suspicion continue to build after her absentee D2, and I could certainly see him banishing one town player and one scum player for the WIFOM. That's assuming whatever action mirror/replicator/whatever he used is under scum control, but I assume it is since nobody's claimed it either now or on N1 (where I think it was responsible for Jim Groovester stealing two players' votes).

Based on that, the lack of a kill tonight, and CM's general shadiness starting from D2, I would like to see her eliminated if she ever phases back into reality.

Knightwing64, please claim your night actions. We have two or three unclaimed N2 actions (the kill on webadict; whatever infested JG's daykill; and whatever let sofanthiel act twice, assuming -- wait, no, that was probably just Egan's power).

Before any other arguments are considered, I think it's safest if we eliminate Secretdorf. If he's town, then scum will kill him before he can win the game for us. If he's scum and we're out of kills, then I think we just lose the game in a hail of quickhammers from him once he reaches full potential.

If anyone has a very good case why someone else is scum, then we can go with that, but this should be our default elimination for today.
This is a strong argument. The only problem is that if you're scum and Secretdorf is town, then you want him out of the picture so town doesn't completely dominate the lynch. I think you're likely scum. However, I think Secretdorf could also be an SK. Meh.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1673 on: December 28, 2023, 07:23:28 pm »

So, bit harsh on Esteemed Knightwing64, guys. Out for a day then no vote.

I suppose it's better than Esteemed Crystalizedmire’s situation.

Are we assuming that the banished folks are town? I was thinking Esteemed sofanthiel may have got some kind of Motivation for a double action, but another player being banished again makes me think otherwise.

It would be excessive for scum to have two players with that ability, if they were on the same team.

We have players that seem to be clearly being 'merged' sometimes, with nobody claiming that ability.  But I think Esteemed notquitethere and Esteemed sofanthiel were possibly merged N1, and that Esteemed CrystalizedMire and Esteemed Knightwing64 were possibly merged N2.

I am unsure we can rule out either CrystalizedMire or Knightwing64 from being of any alignment, since we now have reason to believe that the Esteemed Egan_BW may indeed have killed the Esteemed sofanthiel N1 - or have we ruled that out?

But there's some significant whammying going on from what I see, and some of it may be harming scum, but why I am unsure.  Not understanding their abilities?  Someone able to directly mess them up (another scum team?  A third party?  A very artful townie?)

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1674 on: December 28, 2023, 07:25:10 pm »

Also, while Esteemed Imp still has the role wiping ability, Esteemed Secretdorf is not a problem. Equally so if he’s town, scum have to kill ‘im.

What if the Esteemed Secretdorf hammers the Esteemed Imp, and keeps rolling?

It happens that I did not decide to attempt to wipe the Esteemed Secretdorf's role last night.  I do respect the voice of town and think we can vote that personage, plus redirects are a rather serious thing and possible, and there's a lot of you precious folks I do not want to see without a role.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #1675 on: December 28, 2023, 07:26:49 pm »

Can anyone explain what may have happened with the Esteemed sofanthiel's failure to revive?

Being killed and being lynched are distinct things.

Knightwing64, please tell us everything that you were dying to tell us on D3 but couldn't because you were banished.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: December 28, 2023, 07:27:21 pm »

I was under the impression your target can’t be changed if you’re nice, Esteemed Imp. The only thing you have to worry about is a block.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: December 28, 2023, 07:27:42 pm »

I celebrated my return to PC with spreadsheets:

Night 1 Claims

Night 2 Claims

I was too lazy to cross-check these with other people's claim compilations, so there could be errors.

Based on this, I would like to see Notquitethere or Knightwing eliminated today. JG isn't scum and I'm not really feeling MS either; I find their flavor cop routine a bit suspect, but they outed Egan_BW D2, which would be a weird move for mafia (barring a prearranged bus play). I guess they could be part of a second scum faction, but I don't think one exists.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: December 28, 2023, 07:30:25 pm »

Huh, still alive.

Pfp
I investigated Secretdorf, my result shows them as town

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: December 28, 2023, 07:31:44 pm »

I think the scum team have some kind of duplicator or role copying effect: that would explain the multiple and continued banishing.

Sofa must have been on cooldown after gaining a status on N2, hence the lack of revive on D3.

This is a strong argument. The only problem is that if you're scum and Secretdorf is town, then you want him out of the picture so town doesn't completely dominate the lynch. I think you're likely scum. However, I think Secretdorf could also be an SK. Meh.
Reassess your reads today. You and BHK are the best candidates to be SKs with your claimed kill abilities. I demonstrably have not been killing people, and I don't think you're so stupid as to think I'm on the same team as Egan and Sofanthiel.

PPE: I like spreadsheets too. Your vote on me makes zero sense from a town perspective, especially a town player who has clearly paid enough attention to take notes.
Pages: 1 ... 110 111 [112] 113 114 ... 207