Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79401 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (12 / 18) - Day 3 - These Saws Will Banish You To The Shadow Realm
« Reply #1440 on: December 25, 2023, 03:11:24 pm »

You can wait until after Esteemed sofanthiel claims to answer the first one, I’m just concerned it possibly being something we may need to worry about.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: December 25, 2023, 03:24:53 pm »

Esteemed MaximumSpin and Esteemed Imp, as I appear to trust you two the most: hypothetically speaking, if I were able to make another player immune from kills, who would you suggest out of the remaining players?

I think I'd prefer if you made either of those players kill immune.

Why does anyone think that anything other than the purposeful action of a player with Esteemed Webadict's role can have anything about their abilities be changed, unless they break their post restriction?  Before someone potentially wastes a attempt to give kill immunity as an ability to someone with Esteemed Webadict's role, maybe reread the Esteemed Webadict's roleflip and see if you think you can and maybe even ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist to confirm.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: December 25, 2023, 03:29:12 pm »

You can wait until after Esteemed sofanthiel claims to answer the first one, I’m just concerned it possibly being something we may need to worry about.

Nothing to worry about.

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: December 25, 2023, 03:30:52 pm »

I'm not sure yet.  If you thought your game-life depended on how you scumhunted and interacted with others today, how would you handle yourself, what would you do?
I don't think Sofanthiel's a jester. If he has an ability that harms us if we lynch him, it is almost impossible for us to pin down its true nature. It is impractical to wipe his role and then lynch him(assuming wipe's a night action, it can be redirected or blocked). We have to lynch him even if doing so is disadvantageous in some way. So we do it today.

It is obvious that Sofanthiel's role has some very weird things going on. Where I was to get 1 vote I got 2. Something similar happened with Jim. Canadian kitten targeted him N1 with his inspect, and Sofanthiel was killed and revived, which was supposed to happen to Canadian kitten. It's hard to determine what exactly's going on here. The only solution is elimination imo.

Also bears noting that Sofanthiel... wait, didn't Egan_BW target NQT as N1 kill? Then the bus was from somebody else? Anyway I was going to say that Sofanthiel was bussed with notquitethere when webadict had revealed his intention to inspect NQT so the bus could have been to give Mafia result on NQT. Well does anybody have anything to add about this?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: December 25, 2023, 03:43:48 pm »

Scum would know Esteemed sofanthiel had a revive, so it makes it look like Esteemed sofanthiel is a NK target while also painting Esteemed notquitethere as a baddy via Esteemed webadict’s inspect.

Esteemed notquitethere can confirm he and I tried a similar thing with a third scum partner in a recent game that got messed up at the hands of Esteemed Maximum Spin too, specifically I aimed a kill at the third partner and Esteemed notquitethere was to redirect it to someone else, but got blocked.

Whether or not that happened here is just a guess, but it makes sense to me.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: December 25, 2023, 03:44:34 pm »

D3 facts:

Esteemed Webadict died as a very simplified Warehouse 13.
Esteemed The Canadian kitten died and revived (the cat came back?)
Esteemed Crystalizedmire and Esteemed Kightwing64 acted out the lyrics to Fastball's The Way.

D3 claims:

Esteemed Imp:  Whut?  Oh, it's all so simple now.  Plus, 2 visitors to Esteemed ToonyMan last night and all I got was this lousy t-shirt of a new role.

Esteemed Toonyman:  Bus and swap between Esteemed Webadict and Esteemed Imp. 

Esteemed Secretdorf:  'I am a vote stealer.  Somehow I got 2.' (blatant twinsie of Esteemed Jim Groovester's N1 claim)

Esteemed Jim Groovester:  Didn't actually make a claim.  Also said someone did something to him they need to fess up for.

Esteemed Elephant Parade:  Blocky-bombing Esteemed BlackHeartKabal and got some creepy spirit voodoo (same as we saw before?)

Esteemed Maximum Spin:  Repeated an action, gained knowledge of flavor, and protected someone.

Esteemed Lenglon:  Esteemed Toonyman is not in a group chat.

Esteemed the Canadian Kitten:  Inspects Esteemed Sofanthiel

Esteemed notquitethere:  Blocked Esteemed BlackHeartKabal 'also got a spooky feeling after visiting BHK so I can confirm that part of EP's claim'  May be trying to confirm own action.  later said that spooky feeling was the text I reported D2, 'Marked By Death'.  Confirms has vote again after it was gone D2.

Esteemed sofanthiel:  laughter and no comment about night activities.  "I will reveal that information exclusively if I deem doing so beneficial or vital.  Neither is the case right now."

Esteemed Hector13:  Spoken, not claimed any action from N2 yet.

Not spoken yet:

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal

I'm not sure yet.  If you thought your game-life depended on how you scumhunted and interacted with others today, how would you handle yourself, what would you do?
I don't think Sofanthiel's a jester.

Also bears noting that Sofanthiel... wait, didn't Egan_BW target NQT as N1 kill? Then the bus was from somebody else? Anyway I was going to say that Sofanthiel was bussed with notquitethere when webadict had revealed his intention to inspect NQT so the bus could have been to give Mafia result on NQT. Well does anybody have anything to add about this?

Careful reading of OP makes me think we have no possible jesters.

Esteemed Egan_BW was also using a mafia night kill with some special extras.  From how this person was identified as the D2 elimination, and this in the roleflip:

(Mafiakill, Night) Broken DOOR [target]: You shatter the path to your Progenitor. Every player using an investigative action on you or your target is roleblocked, and you kill your target.

I expect any same-team mafia member(s) to expect the roleblock stuff from shared communication.  A second mafia team wouldn't know though.  Considering that, what are your thoughts?  And what are the rest of your thoughts?

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: December 25, 2023, 04:09:11 pm »

Hector, I will laugh so hard if it turns out the scum team here also failed a redirected kill gambit and shot their own guy. It's the kind of misplay that only gets funnier the more times it happens.

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: December 25, 2023, 04:56:15 pm »

Apologies - and Merry Christmas.

While I review the thread - I roleblocked Imp the prior night, and was visited in turn this night. I'm a ghost - the traditional "incorporeal spirit of someone that was previously dead and buried". And also a racer.

Right. I can confirm that I have a bomb strapped to me - or, well, the hood of my racecar, since there would be complications attaching a physical object to me. I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death, which, upon my own death, makes them a valid target for a one-shot kill. If I'm visited by a living player (Yes, a living player - take from that what you will, considering the prior text), I can't do anything that night, and Mark my visitor.

This is why I didn't claim before, and why I was so adamant about Jim being town after seeing his ability. The revivals are not my doing, and also have me on edge, because I don't know if those players are "technically dead" or something.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: December 25, 2023, 05:07:40 pm »

Apologies - and Merry Christmas.

While I review the thread - I roleblocked Imp the prior night, and was visited in turn this night. I'm a ghost - the traditional "incorporeal spirit of someone that was previously dead and buried". And also a racer.

Right. I can confirm that I have a bomb strapped to me - or, well, the hood of my racecar, since there would be complications attaching a physical object to me. I am a roleblocker. If I visit someone, I roleblock them and apply Marked by Death, which, upon my own death, makes them a valid target for a one-shot kill. If I'm visited by a living player (Yes, a living player - take from that what you will, considering the prior text), I can't do anything that night, and Mark my visitor.

This is why I didn't claim before, and why I was so adamant about Jim being town after seeing his ability. The revivals are not my doing, and also have me on edge, because I don't know if those players are "technically dead" or something.

"Fun".  Confirming this doesn't contradict anything I know about my N1 experiences.

Confirming that my now-lost role did not say anything about me possibly becoming a unliving player, though that cryptic stuff about enemies of my enemies is or was interesting.

I was able to, perhaps briefly, empower one or more dead player(s) to act, however this is not explicitly part of my now-lost role, I felt I 'got lucky' and worked very hard towards that end, plus I'd hoped they were alive again, not just.... both or neither or whatever.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: December 25, 2023, 05:09:24 pm »

At least one action I know belongs to a dead player certainly took place last night.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: December 25, 2023, 05:17:54 pm »

upon my own death, makes them a valid target for a one-shot kill.

Who does the one-shot?

And why'd you choose to mark/roleblock me N1?  The thinking/reasoning, please, of me as your pick.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 25, 2023, 05:47:11 pm »

Probable mysteries:

What/why/how are the missing people gone and did they do it to each other/one did it to both?

The puzzle of the extra vote.  Esteemed Secretdorf, explain your mention of vote hording and your other vote weirdness.

What/why/how is Esteemed sofanthiel behaving so (Not that I expect answers, just I notice the broken-winged-bird behavior, and think it looks very problematic).

The Esteemed Jim Groovester is mysterious, but the Esteemed Webadict would surely tell me not to think about that.

Hey all willing, whatcha think about this Esteemed Secretdorf?  Who here would miss that one's role, if it were to disappear?  I have some decisions to make, I didn't try to be a vig this game (And I uniquely could have tried).  I didn't try to go snag, tag, and bag this 'artifact-level-power', but it ended up in my hands anyway.

I suspect Esteemed Secretdorf is about to become a vote-juggernaut unstopable force, capable of slam-ending days by solo hammer.  They essentially claimed that back on day 1.

I could hoard 6 or 7 votes by D4.

I've got some thinking to do.  Share some thoughts with me, since I seem stuck with this 'don't worry about it' mindset?  The Esteemed Webadict seemed to be going wu wei, but I'm distinctly feeling mushin no shin about this.  So... share opinions?

BlackHeartKabal

• Bay Watcher
  • You are doomed, doomed, I tell you!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 25, 2023, 05:52:18 pm »

Who does the one-shot?

And why'd you choose to mark/roleblock me N1?  The thinking/reasoning, please, of me as your pick.
I do the one-shot. It fails if I try to target someone without the mark, so I can only really lean on the people I roleblock to target for that potentiality, unless I have a particularly educated guess as to who might have visited me after I die. For roleblocking you, I have to admit I had future potential application of the mark in mind - which is, to say, if I were a pure roleblocker, I don't think I'd consider you as highly rated a candidate, especially since I dislike "hipshoooting" N1. Hell, you still weren't my first candidate, that was Tric. Your chat restrictions at the time made you hard to discern, and I highly suspected you to be a third party. That, and your unsubtle and odd urging for the SK to target the pirate team, as much as I hate to operate on vibes alone, left a bad enough feeling for me to disrupt you. I don't 100% think blocking you is what prevented a second kill on the first night, at least.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 25, 2023, 05:53:16 pm »

Who does the one-shot?

I do the one-shot. It fails if I try to target someone without the mark, so I can only really lean on the people I roleblock to target for that potentiality, unless I have a particularly educated guess as to who might have visited me after I die. For roleblocking you, I have to admit I had future potential application of the mark in mind - which is, to say, if I were a pure roleblocker, I don't think I'd consider you as highly rated a candidate, especially since I dislike "hipshoooting" N1. Hell, you still weren't my first candidate, that was Tric. Your chat restrictions at the time made you hard to discern, and I highly suspected you to be a third party. That, and your unsubtle and odd urging for the SK to target the pirate team, as much as I hate to operate on vibes alone, left a bad enough feeling for me to disrupt you. I don't 100% think blocking you is what prevented a second kill on the first night, at least.

Thank you.  And you have no read of my claims/didn't read them/don't care, right?

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 25, 2023, 05:57:55 pm »

By which I certainly don't mean go read now.  I meant, at the time.
Pages: 1 ... 95 96 [97] 98 99 ... 207