Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80063 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (17 / 18) - Day 1 - Shots Fired
« Reply #720 on: December 17, 2023, 04:08:27 pm »

No, Fallacy did not do so.

What is the following supposed to mean, then?
Who wants to be a pirate?
The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.
EJ claims to be a pirate + Fallacy asserts that, if pirates exist, they are baddies = EJ and other pirates are working against town!  Am I missing something crucial that's necessary to make such a judgment, because this seems pretty clear-cut?

But, sofanthiel, really.  What are your thoughts about the rest of the game and its events?  Why do you not seem concerned about anyone besides Maximum Spin?
The issue is that the information laid out before me has already been regurgitated over and over by those who benefit from presenting it in their light, so I focus on the things I can reasonably keep track of without an extraordinary amount of confusion.  My lines of thinking regarding other aspects of the day feel like blended spaghetti, and it's become increasingly hard to track down the source of my internal beliefs (or sometimes even what players were involved in a given conversation).

Which player(s) do you consider to be most likely to be Town, and why?

Which player(s) do you consider to be most likely to be scum, and why?

Which player(s) do you most want more information from, and how are you going to go about doing that? My advice would be to pick one or two of them, vote them, ask them questions, and try to tie them down in your mind as town or scum.

You don’t need to solve the entire game on D1, but trying to solve one or two players is a good start.
Imp, Egan, and Toony all contributed to the crusade against pirates early in the game and before Fallacy's confirmation of their concerns.  A few posts ago, I was still skeptical about the existence of the marauders; now I'm inclined to trust the three fighters (they could potentially be a different scum team, considering that, based on my mental calculus, the number of pirates is also three, but I'm content with ridding this ship of any unrighteous sailors before delving in and exploring such possibilities).

Jack, on rather obvious grounds, and Max, for reasons most of my posts thus far have concentrated on.  I also recall someone specifying that another participant admitted to being a pirate, but I can't, for the life of me, find that message.  I'll be very thankful if anyone can point me to it, for I lack the concentration required to sift through the whole thread.

I doubt this one is a mystery; it's what I've been doing the entire game.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: December 17, 2023, 04:15:18 pm »

I also recall someone specifying that another participant admitted to being a pirate, but I can't, for the life of me, find that message.  I'll be very thankful if anyone can point me to it, for I lack the concentration required to sift through the whole thread.
It was Toony. He inspects as pirate the same as I.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: December 17, 2023, 04:16:29 pm »

Okay, this repetition of hours-old talking points really gives me the impression that sofanthiel woke up, checked scumchat to get caught up, then started posting.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: December 17, 2023, 04:17:57 pm »

All Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist has done is point out what was in the OP, and has been in the OP for however many weeks it took to get the game up and running. There has been no confirmation of the existence of Pirates outside of the players.

Okay, this repetition of hours-old talking points really gives me the impression that sofanthiel woke up, checked scumchat to get caught up, then started posting.

I get the same feeling. He asked about advice given to Esteemed The Canadian kitten, which was in the prior two posts to one he quoted with me voting him. That shows a lot of disengagement.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: December 17, 2023, 04:22:17 pm »

Addendum because I’m not allowed a second to proof read: plus an apparent fascination with Esteemed Maximum Spin that hasn’t been explored at all.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: December 17, 2023, 04:24:11 pm »

Well, sofanthiel's now at 4, if Steamed webadict is interested in switching and Euchrejack will get down off his gibbet for a minute.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: December 17, 2023, 04:26:43 pm »

sofanthiel: Jack was accidently given false information in their role PM
This false information was that Pirate is NOT red
Jack was told that they inspect as Pirate
Jack was also told that they can, as of the end of Day 1, invite up to three players to join them in a group chat.
Participating in this group chat would cause the participants to also inspect as Pirate.
Since Jack was NOT informed that Pirate is a red anti-town alignment, he believed that inspecting as Pirate would simply make them uninspectable, not Millers, and considered Pirate to be a flavor of non-alignment-confirmed Mason.
As a result, Jack acted openly and in good faith, stating publicly what his ability and role were, and offering to let others become Pirates in good faith and fun.
Fallacy then publicly stated in the thread that Pirate was a red anti-town alignment.
This caused many to interpret Jack's prior actions as open-faced Cult recruitment.
Jack, knowing that this confusion has caused them to be a top suspect, then despaired in response to being put in such a horrible situation through accidental misinformation from the GM followed by the in-thread statement made by the GM that cornered them.

Jacks actions ONLY make sense if Jack did not believe they were anti-town and did not believe they were advertising for people to join an anti-town group.
I find it unlikely that Jack is actually scum.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: December 17, 2023, 04:28:41 pm »

EuchreJack:
The role Pirate King gives me access to the Pirate chat.

Do you already have access to this?  I am so sorry, I wish I asked you this earlier.

Egan_BW:

How does this game look like from your viewpoint?

What do you think about that towering wagon on you, and how it fell apart?  Why did it happen, and why did it stop?

You were doing a RtD thingy.  I note that you dropped the keyfabe somewhat when pirates got discussed.  Had you considered just throwing an [OOC: whatever you need to say] on it, or would that break your feel too much too?

You're iffy about how you are using your RtD thingy.  I wonder if it has any in-game value beyond how we talk about it and react to it, and if it already achieved your purpose for it to some extent, making it very easy to drop, perhaps, until it is useful again.

You appear to have chosen to accept some risk in your direct statements about Pirates and their redness.  You broke keyfabe to do so.

I suspect you are not scum.  I think you are possibly reasonably town-aligned.  What do you think about that impression I have?

Why did you participate in a vie for Maximum Spin's affections?  This is Maximum Spin on D1, do you believe his claims, that one or any of them?

If you want to think that me knowing that makes me scum, then fine. But KILLING EJ FIRST IS IMPORTANT HERE.
By his own claims, if you don't launch him day 1, then he'll recruit three players to his pirate-cult.

By his own claims, stuff happens when he dies and he has claim and counterclaimed himself about what happens to those Piratechat people after his death

Spoiler: Some of those claims (click to show/hide)

Also, possible early support to EuchreJack's later claim that he didn't get the role he asked for, or at least had no idea some key ability might be part of it:

I might be mildly annoyed to lose my ability, but frankly it's actually more work than I signed up for, so if you think I look scummy, feel free to scrub my profile.

Egan_BW, your reaction to hearing about the creation of pirates looks and feels to me like my reaction.

But how sure are you that EuchreJack's death would stop the creation of Pirates, and how convinced are you that EuchreJack themself is a pirate?

If you are sure of that stuff, can you help me understand why?

I myself am mostly sure that EuchreJack's death would stop the creation of Pirates.
I also am mostly convinced that EuchreJack themself is not a pirate.

I think EuchreJack genuinely thought he had his own private chat called a Piratechat, with the ruleset his PM shows.  I think he does it, too, but I do wonder if he already has access to it.

sofanthiel:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: December 17, 2023, 04:30:43 pm »

No, Fallacy did not do so.

What is the following supposed to mean, then?
Who wants to be a pirate?
The only way for Pirate to be an alignment would be for it to be a scumteam alignment.
EJ claims to be a pirate + Fallacy asserts that, if pirates exist, they are baddies = EJ and other pirates are working against town!  Am I missing something crucial that's necessary to make such a judgment, because this seems pretty clear-cut?

But, sofanthiel, really.  What are your thoughts about the rest of the game and its events?  Why do you not seem concerned about anyone besides Maximum Spin?
The issue is that the information laid out before me has already been regurgitated over and over by those who benefit from presenting it in their light, so I focus on the things I can reasonably keep track of without an extraordinary amount of confusion.  My lines of thinking regarding other aspects of the day feel like blended spaghetti, and it's become increasingly hard to track down the source of my internal beliefs (or sometimes even what players were involved in a given conversation).

Which player(s) do you consider to be most likely to be Town, and why?

Which player(s) do you consider to be most likely to be scum, and why?

Which player(s) do you most want more information from, and how are you going to go about doing that? My advice would be to pick one or two of them, vote them, ask them questions, and try to tie them down in your mind as town or scum.

You don’t need to solve the entire game on D1, but trying to solve one or two players is a good start.
Imp, Egan, and Toony all contributed to the crusade against pirates early in the game and before Fallacy's confirmation of their concerns.  A few posts ago, I was still skeptical about the existence of the marauders; now I'm inclined to trust the three fighters (they could potentially be a different scum team, considering that, based on my mental calculus, the number of pirates is also three, but I'm content with ridding this ship of any unrighteous sailors before delving in and exploring such possibilities).

Jack, on rather obvious grounds, and Max, for reasons most of my posts thus far have concentrated on.  I also recall someone specifying that another participant admitted to being a pirate, but I can't, for the life of me, find that message.  I'll be very thankful if anyone can point me to it, for I lack the concentration required to sift through the whole thread.

I doubt this one is a mystery; it's what I've been doing the entire game.
sofanthiel, why are you talking about it now? We've already had this talk before
I think sofanthiel is fluff posting right now. If they had any scum partners then I don't think this would've happened
she/her

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: December 17, 2023, 04:32:41 pm »

Hector13: Please tell me why I should be voting Sofanthiel instead of Canadian.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: December 17, 2023, 04:35:47 pm »

sofanthiel can have some pressure, sure.

@Imp: I have access to Pirate chat now. I'm lonely.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: December 17, 2023, 04:40:12 pm »

That's not a compelling argument, since the intended purpose of claiming Actions on Day 1 is to confuse the scum, but also to give clearance to other players.
web, it is not just the fact that Max is lying about his powers (or at least exaggerating the scope of his abilities); it's why he originally began doing it.  He started during the wagon as a defense by portraying it as a total waste of votes.  Additionally, do you really think he's sincere about the promise to inform us upon being recruited into the pirate gang?  It almost feels like you disregarded those parts of my investigation on purpose.

It was Toony. He inspects as pirate the same as I.
Why was Toony rallying against you then?

You're suggesting that reading the thread and acknowledging/asking about points of interest is somehow a scum tell, yet you did the exact same thing when "catching up with the discussion", like here, for example!

He asked about advice given to Esteemed The Canadian kitten, which was in the prior two posts to one he quoted with me voting him. That shows a lot of disengagement.
I missed a few sentences directed at another player while skimming through your post.  I don't see how that's a display of disengagement, but that's fine.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: December 17, 2023, 04:42:22 pm »

You're suggesting that reading the thread and acknowledging/asking about points of interest is somehow a scum tell, yet you did the exact same thing when "catching up with the discussion", like here, for example!
You don't give the impression of having read the thread, that's the problem. You give the impression of having skimmed it while relying on a summary from somewhere else, eg, scumchat.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: December 17, 2023, 04:43:10 pm »

You missed two fuck huge posts directed at another player who was being pressed because they were lurking. It shouldn’t take that much initiative to consider that it applies to you, too, even if you’re just skimming it.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: December 17, 2023, 04:44:18 pm »

Hector13: Please tell me why I should be voting Sofanthiel instead of Canadian.

I’ll work on this, I’m PFP and it’s a goddamn slog even without a post restriction.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 207