Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 79278 times)

Secretdorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (18 / 18) - Day 1 - Daykills On The Table
« Reply #450 on: December 16, 2023, 05:27:05 pm »

Imp, it doesn't seem EuchreJack was asking for consent, he was more asking who is interested.(As to why he did that, I think some of that is explained by what Toonyman is suggesting, but for definite answer, we need only remove Jack, I can't understand what's so hard about it!)

I feel like you are wasting time over hypotheticals very unlikely to be true.

Knightwing: Lynch all Lurkers.

please carry on.
*gulp*

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: December 16, 2023, 05:33:04 pm »

Imp, being told mafia got told to find this one person, kill them, get stuff, an then outing yourself as that person, is not very useful.

Also, Imp. Buddy, pal. You done goofed. As a Morally Ambiguous Dragon, I was not told of this, despite being SK/Town. So either I'm lying, you're lying, or I'm town. Pick 1.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: December 16, 2023, 05:42:29 pm »

Quote from: Votebox
BlackHeartKabal (0):
Crystalizedmire (1): Imp
Egan_BW (4): webadict, EuchreJack, Secretdorf, Jim Groovester
Elephant Parade (0):
EuchreJack (1): Egan_BW
hector13 (0):
Imp (4): Elephant Parade, Maximum Spin, Crystalizedmire, TricMagic
Jim Groovester (2): BlackHeartKabal, ToonyMan
Knightwing64 (1): Lenglon
Lenglon (0):
Maximum Spin (1): sofanthiel
notquitethere (0):
Secretdorf (0):
sofanthiel (0):
The Canadian kitten (0):
ToonyMan (0):
TricMagic (0):
webadict (1): notquitethere

No Execution (0):

10 votes to hammer.

Not Voting (3): hector13, Knightwing64, The Canadian kitten

Whew, that's... a lot of players, and a lot of votes, consequently. If I missed something or messed something up, I encourage you to tell me so I can fix it.

Reminder: Day 1 ends on Monday 8 PM, Central time.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2023, 05:49:14 pm by FallacyofUrist »
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: December 16, 2023, 05:46:40 pm »

I voted Imp, didn't I?
she/her

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: December 16, 2023, 05:48:50 pm »

I voted Imp, didn't I?

Yeah, you did, I just missed it because you unvoted earlier in the same post. I'll correct that, thanks for letting me know.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: December 16, 2023, 05:52:21 pm »

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: December 16, 2023, 05:59:02 pm »

This Imp stuff is giving me a headache. I thought I knew what was being said but apparently not. Lynch all players with posting restrictions in order of annoyness is starting to feel like a viable strategy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: December 16, 2023, 06:00:50 pm »

But, ToonyMan, if I shoot you, then I won't be able to play the rest of the game with you anymore.

I am completely game to shoot you otherwise.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: December 16, 2023, 06:01:08 pm »

This Imp stuff is giving me a headache. I thought I knew what was being said but apparently not. Lynch all players with posting restrictions in order of annoyness is starting to feel like a viable strategy.
I accept this one for sure.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: December 16, 2023, 06:01:24 pm »

Why are Imp and Egan the top wagons right now? They are some of the worst possible players to vote right now!

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: December 16, 2023, 06:03:24 pm »

Imp, being told mafia got told to find this one person, kill them, get stuff, an then outing yourself as that person, is not very useful.

Yeah.  What seems unclearly understood is:

I didn't know existing scum teams saw that ability at start of play.  It was super confusingly worded, to me at least.  I had asked FallacyofUrist but it took a while to get an answer and I really wanted to join play, and I thought I understood enough to make an appropriate first post.

I had no idea.  I actually thought the ability's wording meant that when I died, all existing scum teams at the moment of my death would be shown that ability (pity the poor SK if that person killed me, little more balance if multiple scum teams saw it), and know that someone had killed me and gotten the stuff.

And I'm used to role PMs being private, not verbatim quoted in part to other people, so I prepared a post I thought was fine and followed all my rules and posted while I waited for my other questions.

My other answers, when I got them, revealed I didn't understand stuff - still more questions revealed my first post had just outed myself to any existing scum teams at start of play.

I was right that I didn't break any posting rules I may have.  I messed up in a way I didn't even consider possible, in terms of 'good idea to do'.  All since has been handling the fact that I 'pulled a EuchreJack in my own way' - but it's not people who are aware of Pirates being red that I'm revealing myself to - I'm revealing myself to any existing at start of play scum teams.

That's not cool.  That guided me ever since.  Reread every post from my second - where I reveal.  Every detail is fully consistent.

Also, Imp. Buddy, pal. You done goofed. As a Morally Ambiguous Dragon, I was not told of this, despite being SK/Town. So either I'm lying, you're lying, or I'm town. Pick 1.

Agreed, if you are town, or SK, or cult, or survivor, or anyone other than a existing scum team at the start of play, you didn't get the message.

If you're SK, the message informs the scum team that if SK gets the kill on whoever has this ability, that SK gets the goods instead of Mafia or Pirate, the other potential killers that could get the goods instead.

The ability explicitly quotes to any existing scum teams at start of play, so I goofed indeed in my first post, not realizing I had so much to hide, but I have stated as clearly as I can (we are not allowed to quote - and what I can't quote is also, to me, confusing as heck) what is going on, so what I cannot hide from 'any existing scum teams' at start of play is revealed, and I revealed more too, so as a whole we can decide what to do.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: December 16, 2023, 06:05:22 pm »

But, ToonyMan, if I shoot you, then I won't be able to play the rest of the game with you anymore.

I am completely game to shoot you otherwise.
You have to shoot me if the lynch doesn't become Jack before end of day. I would give a bit of time before end of Day when you shoot so players have a chance to vote Jack.

Jack can't vote you because then there's the possibility you shoot him instead of me. And even if you shoot me instead of Jack, he will then get lynched from my flip. So Jack can't vote you.

This is basically as much as I can say if Jack won't interact with me.

I will spend the rest of this day looking for Mafia now for as long as I am alive.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: December 16, 2023, 06:06:17 pm »

@Fallacy, is SK considered Scum?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: December 16, 2023, 06:07:38 pm »

Plot points

[...]
- Webadict claims the power to wipe someone out of continuity (we ought be skeptical, he's a well known fabricationist regardless of alignment)
[...]
- EuchreJack can get players to join his pirate crew. He can leave a hat when he dies.
[...]
- Hector (aristocrat), Sofanthiel (computer), Egan (RTD) or Imp (historical allegories, "watching the watchers") may have posting restrictions. If Tric wasn't Tric, he could have one. I think he just chooses to write like that.
[...]
- Egan says that Pirates are second scum team, and that there are hunter third parties.
- Fallacy over-clarifies that Pirates would be scum in the thread. EJ rows back and claims to be pirate-miller after all and then starts spiralling, insulting everyone in what has come to be known as the Jackening.
- Web tries to steer the game away from an EJ lynch. Imp later notices this and suggests Web might already be on the pirate crew. Very believable.
- Almost half the player-base are voting Egan for some reason I somehow managed to miss. Is it just because they don't like RTDs??

What did I miss?

EuchreJack is undoubtedly the "correct" option today. I think the inevitable EOD mass-panic-voting could well resolve on EJ. The only thing that speaks against him accidentally outing himself as some kind of cult leader is that we have meta reasons to doubt Fallacy would put in a cult. But in an 18 player game, a limited conversion power isn't busted, I could see it happening. The spiralling did seem believable as "oh shit I have just lost the game before it already starte and now I'm throwing a tantrum".

But the funnier thing would be to vote out the most likely conversion target, Webadict. He's a slippery character and it'd be good to resolve the slot sooner rather than later. Flipping Wuba clarifies his puzzling defence of EJ and should tell us more about piracy.
This is a really odd way to phrase everything that's happened.  Not least because I claimed my role-removal first, and therefore should be at the top of the list, but also because I have claimed several pieces of my role, and you did not add me as having a post restriction where I am unable to be mean.  It's not that I expected better of you, it's just that this has a very implicit anti-webadict bias to it.

You left out the part of me being immune to certain types of actions, and being a Cop that sees through Miller Abilities, but also because your conclusion doesn't make sense.  First, it relies on believing that EuchreJack self-proclaimed Recruiter, but conveniently that he lied about the way his recruit works (At the end of Day 1.)  Additionally, if EuchreJack is a recruiter, then how does it make sense to have me be voted?  If you believe a Cult Leader exists, do you vote people likely to be recruited?  No, that would be silly.

I don't really understand where you bothered saying any of it.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 207