Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80201 times)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2295 on: December 31, 2023, 07:49:00 pm »

While I'm on the subject, Esteemed Imp could be scum even if Esteemed ToonyMan is telling the truth, both with or without the possibility of having been role-changed (if Warehouse 13 is also unable to lose abilities, all that would be swapped would be the names. I don't know much about that show, but it seems sort of plausible that Warehouse 13 might gain abilities and never lose them, actually.)

Esteemed hector13, re: your comment to Esteemed Imp, let me specify that I'm willing to intentionally break the restriction if people think it's better. My protect is probably less worthwhile as the game wears on anyway.

I didn’t ask Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist anything about the restriction beyond how strict it was at game start and if I could use pronouns.

You are either throwing your entire team under the bus, a very lucky SK, or you’re town, and I’m pretty sure you broke the restriction yesterday so I’m happy to consider it the latter for the time being.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: December 31, 2023, 07:49:36 pm »

by applying Dubious Dragon's Hide to a living player, a necromancer-type could cause town to false-inspect as SK. that would make Imp inspect them as town but not-imp get the SK result.

I would expect the receiving player to be informed they gained that auto if that happened, instead of it being invisibly applied.  Can you explain to me how that would work if I don't understand?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: December 31, 2023, 07:50:14 pm »

Possible theory: there is someone able to use dead player's abilities. The phrasing on the banish ability is that players are unbanished on the user's death. Also, see Tricmagic's role:

Dragon That Turns People Into Morally Dubious SK-Allies (Town)
(Innate, 1-Shot, Auto) Bloody Beast’s Awakening: If you successfully kill players for two Nights consecutively, your nature awakens, and you become a Serial Killer. If this happens, every living Town player with Fallout Fumes becomes a Serial Killer-Ally. Players that are converted this way learn your alignment.
(Auto) Dubious Dragon’s Hide: It’s really hard to tell whether you want everyone dead or not. You alignment inspect as a Serial Killer.
(Night) Noxious Neurotoxin Breath [target1][target2]: You breathe out a wave of brain-rotting, noxious fog. Your targets have their actions delayed until the next Night (they are told their actions failed), and gain Fallout Fumes.
(Night) Feverous Fang Bite [target]: You nibble on your target, gently. Your target’s abilities are all Disabled for the Night. If they have Fallout Fumes, you also kill them.

by applying Dubious Dragon's Hide to a living player, a necromancer-type could cause town to false-inspect as SK. that would make Imp inspect them as town but not-imp get the SK result.
This almost makes sense but (a) it's an auto and (b) TCk would know they had been granted the auto, I'm pretty sure. A silent graverobbing target-other auto-granting ability stretches disbelief a bit, and SK-millerizing another player in a game with a supercop and a groupchatcop seems like a highly unsound plan.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: December 31, 2023, 07:50:36 pm »

Voting rules seem to have changed. The majority was formerly based on number of players, but now it seems based on the number of votes?
It was always based on number of votes.

@Fallacyofurist: Can you confirm whether or not MaximumSpin broke the condition of a hypothetical status that requires you to refer to everyone with 'Esteemed' yesterday?
That would depend on the exact wording of the Status.

In general, I count a good-faith effort to hold to a post restriction as valid for its effects, and excuse errors as long as they're accidental and infrequent.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: December 31, 2023, 07:50:42 pm »

Possible theory: there is someone able to use dead player's abilities. The phrasing on the banish ability is that players are unbanished on the user's death. Also, see Tricmagic's role:

Dragon That Turns People Into Morally Dubious SK-Allies (Town)
(Innate, 1-Shot, Auto) Bloody Beast’s Awakening: If you successfully kill players for two Nights consecutively, your nature awakens, and you become a Serial Killer. If this happens, every living Town player with Fallout Fumes becomes a Serial Killer-Ally. Players that are converted this way learn your alignment.
(Auto) Dubious Dragon’s Hide: It’s really hard to tell whether you want everyone dead or not. You alignment inspect as a Serial Killer.
(Night) Noxious Neurotoxin Breath [target1][target2]: You breathe out a wave of brain-rotting, noxious fog. Your targets have their actions delayed until the next Night (they are told their actions failed), and gain Fallout Fumes.
(Night) Feverous Fang Bite [target]: You nibble on your target, gently. Your target’s abilities are all Disabled for the Night. If they have Fallout Fumes, you also kill them.

Yes. I don't believe Crystalmire will return to us until this unknown player that probably used a dead person's abilities is killed. Jim was theorizing it was BlackHeart with the Ghost Rider role, but this was not the case.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: December 31, 2023, 07:51:56 pm »

How does your protect work?
I protect someone from any kill action, with certain conditions you don't need to worry about at this time. I don't find out if it successfully blocked a kill, unless of course I should find out about the kill action by my other means and figure out how it happened, I suppose. Haven't been so lucky yet as far as I know.
If it's something I think is worthwhile to use can I request that you stay by the posting restriction for this day?
Certainly. I'll abide by whatever argument seems best to me.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: December 31, 2023, 07:52:02 pm »

Lenglon: Does your groupchat-inspect have a limited number of shots?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: December 31, 2023, 07:54:46 pm »

I did what MS suggested and asked in masonchat if JG would've broken the condition of the status effect had he posted like MS did yesterday. Fallacy said yes.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: December 31, 2023, 07:56:31 pm »

EP: yes and no. it has two associated costs. one to purchase the ability and one to use it. I gain a certain amount of currency each night. I can Track for free or attempt to groupchat-inspect for a cost. I'm low on currency at the moment because apparently the cost is deducted for the attempt to use the ability due to weird phrasing of the  associated shop, and I've been going net-negative each night I used the ability. At least the double-use of it on N3 didn't cost extra, but I'll need to Track tonight instead of inspect.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: December 31, 2023, 07:56:58 pm »

@Max:
What a ~mysterious c00l guy~ ooOOOoooooooo

@Imp:
Break the pointless post-restriction or I'm not protecting you anymore.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: December 31, 2023, 07:57:32 pm »

Honestly, Esteemed Elephant Parade, would you be willing to claim the circumstances in which your bombs go off?
You've been very helpful, but, just being rational, if there's an actual serial killer lurking, I... would tend to suspect the guy putting bombs on everyone first.

Yes, I'm aware you've claimed masons with Esteemed Jim Groovester, but BYOR 16.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: December 31, 2023, 07:58:23 pm »

I did what MS suggested and asked in masonchat if JG would've broken the condition of the status effect had he posted like MS did yesterday. Fallacy said yes.

Yeah I’d be upset about having posted like this for two weeks if I could’ve gotten away with doing what Esteemed Maximum Spin was doing yesterday.

PPE: I was going to mention Esteemed Jim Groovester claiming Mason as scum in BYOR16 before the deadline hit while typing the post.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: December 31, 2023, 07:58:36 pm »

EP: yes and no. it has two associated costs. one to purchase the ability and one to use it. I gain a certain amount of currency each night. I can Track for free or attempt to groupchat-inspect for a cost. I'm low on currency at the moment because apparently the cost is deducted for the attempt to use the ability due to weird phrasing of the  associated shop, and I've been going net-negative each night I used the ability. At least the double-use of it on N3 didn't cost extra, but I'll need to Track tonight instead of inspect.
Right, I now remember you talking about this earlier. I was going to ask why you Tracked N1 when the chat-inspect seems so much stronger, but that tracks (hah).

Honestly, Esteemed Elephant Parade, would you be willing to claim the circumstances in which your bombs go off?
You've been very helpful, but, just being rational, if there's an actual serial killer lurking, I... would tend to suspect the guy putting bombs on everyone first.

Yes, I'm aware you've claimed masons with Esteemed Jim Groovester, but BYOR 16.
This is a completely reasonable request, but I still don't think claiming the condition would help town.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: December 31, 2023, 08:04:56 pm »

Certainly. I'll abide by whatever argument seems best to me.
That'll be good.

I do have some information I believe is of some help with sorting what happened during the nights
But first, I think it's best for Imp to break the posting restriction first.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: December 31, 2023, 08:06:40 pm »

Esteemed BlackHeartKabal died with a bomb.  We don't see evidence of that in the roleflip.  Should we?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 207