Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 207

Author Topic: FBYOR 6 - Game Over - Last Laughs Of The Dead  (Read 80580 times)

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
Re: FBYOR 6 (9 / 18) - Day 5 - Spider Swatted
« Reply #2280 on: December 31, 2023, 07:28:02 pm »

FallacyofUrist, are banished players able to affect the game in any capacity?

Under normal circumstances, no. An ability would have to specifically mention it in order for it to affect banished players or be used by banished players.
A Thousand Treasures (And You).

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: December 31, 2023, 07:29:43 pm »

Imp is redirect-immune

Striiiiiiiiiiiiiictly speaking, we're assuming that ToonyMan's role swap ability is as he claims, and therefore Imp has webadict's role, and webadict is redirect immune while honoring his role's post restriction, just so that we don't gloss over the assumptions we're making here.
This is true.

Last night I contemplated scum!ToonyMan targeting wuba and scum!Imp with a kill-and-transplant-role ability, but while that makes sense from a mechanical perspective, it's insane from a daygame one.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: December 31, 2023, 07:31:46 pm »

Lenglon did not target Jim and BlackHeart on N3 because both players are in groupchats, not just one. It was some other combination.
Yes, that's the logical interpretation. Unfortunately, if not Esteemed Jim Groovester, I don't know who or why.

Right, we know who didn’t perform the kill so far (Esteemed Elephant Parade, me, Esteemed Jim Groovester, Esteemed Lenglon, probably Esteemed Imp) so… yeah, the last four need to claim or otherwise prove they’re town.
Of course you realize I couldn't kill last night, because of you. :P Luckily, I had no plans of doing so anyway, and instead just kept doing my thing.
I can confirm Esteemed The Canadian kitten's action, by the way. Esteemed The Canadian kitten appears to be some kind of cat-shaped hole in space and is indeed capable of killing. Esteemed The Canadian kitten, please confirm that your action was named "Haunting Void".

Imp is redirect-immune

Striiiiiiiiiiiiiictly speaking, we're assuming that ToonyMan's role swap ability is as he claims, and therefore Imp has webadict's role, and webadict is redirect immune while honoring his role's post restriction, just so that we don't gloss over the assumptions we're making here.
This is true.

Last night I contemplated scum!ToonyMan targeting wuba and scum!Imp with a kill-and-transplant-role ability, but while that makes sense from a mechanical perspective, it's insane from a daygame one.
There's no actual confirmed proof that anything other than a role name was transplanted, I suppose. Given that Esteemed notquitethere had an ability to inspect role names, I'd even buy that as a specific scum ability.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: December 31, 2023, 07:33:20 pm »

Imp is redirect-immune

I confirm I was not told of anything about anything I have becoming disabled.  Therefore I believe everything about my role functions since I got it.

Warehouse 13 (Town)
(Auto) Don’t Worry About It: You cannot gain status conditions, change alignment, join any private chats, have your action targets changed, gain abilities, lose abilities, or have abilities modified. If you successfully alignment inspect someone, your result cannot be distorted from reality. The sole exception to these conditions is that Contractual Niceness can Disable this ability.
(Auto) Contractual Niceness: You are required to maintain a calm and kind demeanor during the Day and in private chats. If you violate this condition, Don’t Worry About It will be Disabled until you follow this condition for a full Day. You are encouraged to take breaks from the game whenever you feel like you need to.
(Night) Basic Inspect [target]: You learn your target’s alignment.
(1-Shot, Night) Simplify [target]: Your target’s role loses all abilities.

I don't have that name, but I have everything else there.  I also have any innate(s) from my previous role.  I am certain I was not redirected, and that I got a true alignment result on my target.  My target for basic inspect last night was Esteemed Hector13.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: December 31, 2023, 07:34:06 pm »

Of course you realize I couldn't kill last night, because of you. :P Luckily, I had no plans of doing so anyway, and instead just kept doing my thing.
I can confirm Esteemed The Canadian kitten's action, by the way. Esteemed The Canadian kitten appears to be some kind of cat-shaped hole in space and is indeed capable of killing. Esteemed The Canadian kitten, please confirm that your action was named "Haunting Void".

Yep, you got that correct.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: December 31, 2023, 07:35:27 pm »

I tell a lie the explanation doesn’t make sense.

You lose nothing breaking the restriction Esteemed Imp, with your new role and your old one, should it still exist in the ether somewhere.

PPE: @Esteemed Maximum Spin yes that’s right you didn’t either, I just forget my thought process while typing on my phone, and also having to put Esteemed before everyone’s name. Also I shouldn’t be playing right now but it’s interesting.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: December 31, 2023, 07:37:10 pm »

I'm just so grateful ... if that's the right word, because I do care about my original role very much...

But I'm just so grateful I wasn't swapped with the Esteemed Knightwing64.  With town like that, who needs scum.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: December 31, 2023, 07:38:47 pm »

While I'm on the subject, Esteemed Imp could be scum even if Esteemed ToonyMan is telling the truth, both with or without the possibility of having been role-changed (if Warehouse 13 is also unable to lose abilities, all that would be swapped would be the names. I don't know much about that show, but it seems sort of plausible that Warehouse 13 might gain abilities and never lose them, actually.)

Esteemed hector13, re: your comment to Esteemed Imp, let me specify that I'm willing to intentionally break the restriction if people think it's better. My protect is probably less worthwhile as the game wears on anyway.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: December 31, 2023, 07:39:50 pm »

Hmm, but aren't you a doctor whose flavor cop action is free, meaning that breaking it was an inconvenience regardless? Or did you perform a different night action? Furthermore, isn't it possible that your extremely brief break of the condition wasn't enough to trigger the penalty? I would rather not overlook these angles, even if they're relatively unlikely to matter.

I doubt they'll answer this, but:

@Fallacyofurist: Can you confirm whether or not MaximumSpin broke the condition of a hypothetical status that requires you to refer to everyone with 'Esteemed' yesterday?

If he doesn't answer then I'll ask again in Masonchat, where a town-confirmed player has the same status, in case that makes a difference.

I'm just so grateful ... if that's the right word, because I do care about my original role very much...

But I'm just so grateful I wasn't swapped with the Esteemed Knightwing64.  With town like that, who needs scum.
This is part of why I've largely discarded the idea. To fake your D2 reaction to losing your role, you would have to be a terrible person, and I don't think you're a terrible person.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: December 31, 2023, 07:40:39 pm »

Voting rules seem to have changed. The majority was formerly based on number of players, but now it seems based on the number of votes?
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: December 31, 2023, 07:41:56 pm »

Let me try to understand NQT here first:

N1:
Starts game as Spider-Man.

NQT uses one of their Spider-Tracers on Elephant, learning that they targeted Crystalmire.

Egan tries to kill him, but gets bussed to Sofantheil, HOWEVER NQT/Sofanthiel were merged so Egan tries to kill NQT regardless, this triggers NQT's one-shot Spider-Sense. "(1-Shot, Auto) Spider-Sense: You’re getting some weird tingles - time to duck! When you would be killed, you survive the kill, and learn the role name of the player that attempted to kill you." This is how NQT knew Egan's role name on D2.

N2:
NQT uses one of their Spider-Webs on BlackHeart, protecting them from kills but also roleblocking them.

N3:
Presumably transforms into Peter Parker.

NQT watches/tracks me and learns my role-name is Trafalgar Law like I claimed on D2 and also learns that I targeted Imp after a bit of deducing because of how Photo-Journalism works. It also means I didn't target anyone else and nobody else targeted me.

N4:
Don't know, he was killed.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: December 31, 2023, 07:43:47 pm »

@Imp:
Please break the (nonexistent) post-restriction. You lose nothing from it and people will trust you more.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: December 31, 2023, 07:44:08 pm »

Possible theory: there is someone able to use dead player's abilities. The phrasing on the banish ability is that players are unbanished on the user's death. Also, see Tricmagic's role:

Dragon That Turns People Into Morally Dubious SK-Allies (Town)
(Innate, 1-Shot, Auto) Bloody Beast’s Awakening: If you successfully kill players for two Nights consecutively, your nature awakens, and you become a Serial Killer. If this happens, every living Town player with Fallout Fumes becomes a Serial Killer-Ally. Players that are converted this way learn your alignment.
(Auto) Dubious Dragon’s Hide: It’s really hard to tell whether you want everyone dead or not. You alignment inspect as a Serial Killer.
(Night) Noxious Neurotoxin Breath [target1][target2]: You breathe out a wave of brain-rotting, noxious fog. Your targets have their actions delayed until the next Night (they are told their actions failed), and gain Fallout Fumes.
(Night) Feverous Fang Bite [target]: You nibble on your target, gently. Your target’s abilities are all Disabled for the Night. If they have Fallout Fumes, you also kill them.

by applying Dubious Dragon's Hide to a living player, a necromancer-type could cause town to false-inspect as SK. that would make Imp inspect them as town but not-imp get the SK result.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: December 31, 2023, 07:46:15 pm »

Esteemed hector13, re: your comment to Esteemed Imp, let me specify that I'm willing to intentionally break the restriction if people think it's better. My protect is probably less worthwhile as the game wears on anyway.

How does your protect work?
If it's something I think is worthwhile to use can I request that you stay by the posting restriction for this day?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: December 31, 2023, 07:47:10 pm »

Hmm, but aren't you a doctor whose flavor cop action is free, meaning that breaking it was an inconvenience regardless? Or did you perform a different night action?
It's actually the other way around, protecting is the free one (that's also why I asked Esteemed Imp to try making Free Superfree... it would mean I could protect everyone all the time) and the action-detector takes an action slot. Still, you're right to assume, if that's what you are indeed assuming, that I did the copping and not the protecting this time.
Furthermore, isn't it possible that your extremely brief break of the condition wasn't enough to trigger the penalty?
Unfortunately, I can confirm it was (well, it wasn't actually that brief, and I played fast and loose with the rules afterward too, abbreviating people not technically being allowed and so on) and I believe calling Most Esteemed FallacyofUrist "Least Esteemed Fallacy" was the straw that broke the camel there.

Please feel free to confirm in your masonchat, though. I believe if you asked, would Esteemed Jim Groovester count as having broken his post restriction if he said the things Esteemed Maximum Spin said yesterday (wait, do I have to esteem myself? Better do it anyway), then you would get an honest answer due to the fact that you're asking about a role you are allowed to ask about, not about mine.
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 207