Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: FANTASYQUEST - Turn 1  (Read 1886 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FANTASYQUEST - Turn 1
« on: October 16, 2023, 03:52:51 pm »

You are heroes. You must venture to the Enshadowed Land, find the Black Castle, and slay the Fiendlord before his minions devour all the people of the world!

> Name?
> Job?
> Origin?
> Starting location?
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 12:53:43 pm by Elephant Parade »

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FANTASYQUEST
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2023, 04:26:23 pm »

Ghar-ei, pronounced Gary
> Necromancer
> Seeking the secrets to immortality, he wishes to steal it from the fiendlord!
> A Graveyard in a town just outside of the Enshadowed land

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2023, 04:35:27 pm »

> Alinia
> Bonecrafter
> Used to acquire dead bodies of beasts from hunters before becoming a hunter herself
> In a remote town in the woods
she/her

BlackPaladin99

• Bay Watcher
  • The dark Knight of Eternity
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 07:31:57 pm »

> Name: Dol Dudok
> Job: Death Knight
> Origin: Slain by the fiendlord, he proceeded to not notice, and decided to punish him for daring to attack him.
> Starting location: Right next to Gary, waiting for him to finish up with his necromancy bullshit.
Gouge out the chainsaw priest's eyes with my thumbs.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 10:23:06 pm »

> Name: Josephine
> Job: Princess
> Origin: Predestined to slay the Fiendlord! Knowing this, she proceeded to slack off, knowing that she would succeed anyway.
> Starting location: Albine castle

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FANTASYQUEST - Turn 0
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2023, 08:33:21 pm »

Four heroes awaken!

Ghar-ei, pronounced Gary
> Necromancer
> Seeking the secrets to immortality, he wishes to steal it from the fiendlord!
> A Graveyard in a town just outside of the Enshadowed land
First is Ghar-ei, a gravedigger and journeyman necromancer of Fingerbone, a shrinking village in what was once Echor but has recently dissolved, in the face of the spreading Shadow, into a nameless, anarchic land.

> Alinia
> Bonecrafter
> Used to acquire dead bodies of beasts from hunters before becoming a hunter herself
> In a remote town in the woods
Second is Alinia, a huntress-craftswoman who lives in Yewbend, a village deep, deep in the boreal hinterlands of northern Albine.

> Name: Dol Dudok
> Job: Death Knight
> Origin: Slain by the fiendlord, he proceeded to not notice, and decided to punish him for daring to attack him.
> Starting location: Right next to Gary, waiting for him to finish up with his necromancy bullshit.

Third is Dol Dudok, a revenant knight slain in the Fiendlord's first attack. His rotting eyes and hopeless sense of direction have left him blundering in and out of the Shadowed Land, never finding the Black Castle, ever since.

> Name: Josephine
> Job: Princess
> Origin: Predestined to slay the Fiendlord! Knowing this, she proceeded to slack off, knowing that she would succeed anyway.
> Starting location: Albine castle
Fourth is Josephine, who, despite her parents' urging, has spent all her life lazing around in Castle Albine, the jewel of the Albinian kingdom. Last month, they came to her with an ultimatum: depart to slay the Fiendlord within the year or be exiled!

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

> Action?
« Last Edit: October 17, 2023, 08:35:09 pm by Elephant Parade »

Megam0nkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2023, 10:26:26 pm »

"Just a few seconds...and well have some extra manpower on our little quest..." The necromancer spoke to the death knight, as he dug up some graves...stretching his arms...and holding his bone staff, he spoke words straight up from the page of the book most foul he had in his pocket!

Raise the dead to become my servants!

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2023, 10:29:20 pm »

> Name: Sorel
> Job: Maid
> Origin: An admirer of the Fiendlord who dreams of serving, and maybe even romancing the master of the Black Castle. She was jailed for heresy.
> Starting location: In jail

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2023, 11:10:57 pm »

Well, no reason to make the journey in discomfort. Arrange for a pleasure craft to transport me and my servants to the Enshadowed Land.

Knightwing64

• Bay Watcher
  • The Most Handsome Bay12 Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2023, 08:40:17 am »

THE SIXTH? HERO ARRIVES FASHIONABLY LATE

> Name: Amon

> Job: Conceptual Mage

> Origin: A rather famous archmage for his work in “The Theory of Mana” was imprisoned and drained of most of his magic power because he experimented on the public and broke reality a few times. Was promised to be pardoned of all crimes should he succeed in this mission.

Now barely more powerful than any random fire wizard bozo barely out of his diapers, Amon has a bone to pick with authorities, but has resigned himself to listening to them until he gets pardoned.

A little arrogant because of his (former) cosmic power and pouts if you point out that he was weakened and stripped of his archmage title.

> Starting location: In antimagic jail, waiting to be released.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2023, 02:27:02 pm »

Alinia
Get another hunter to join on my quest of slaying the Fiendlord
she/her

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2023, 04:40:52 am »

> Name: Hobo Bob
> Job: He doesn't have one and that's why he's homeless.
> Origin: He had a well paying job at one point but the Fiendlord attacking the area ruined that for him so now he's homeless.
> Starting location: Some random alleyway in a major city.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
FANTASYQUEST - Turn 1
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2023, 12:53:31 pm »

Three more heroes awaken!

> Name: Sorel
> Job: Maid
> Origin: An admirer of the Fiendlord who dreams of serving, and maybe even romancing the master of the Black Castle. She was jailed for heresy.
> Starting location: In jail

THE SIXTH? HERO ARRIVES FASHIONABLY LATE

> Name: Amon

> Job: Conceptual Mage

> Origin: A rather famous archmage for his work in “The Theory of Mana” was imprisoned and drained of most of his magic power because he experimented on the public and broke reality a few times. Was promised to be pardoned of all crimes should he succeed in this mission.

Now barely more powerful than any random fire wizard bozo barely out of his diapers, Amon has a bone to pick with authorities, but has resigned himself to listening to them until he gets pardoned.

A little arrogant because of his (former) cosmic power and pouts if you point out that he was weakened and stripped of his archmage title.

> Starting location: In antimagic jail, waiting to be released.

Fifth and sixth are Sorel and Amon, both stuck in Thracia's largest jail, the Island of No Escape. Sorel, for her crimes, has been stripped of her prized Duster Scourge and confined to the medium-security wing, while Amon has lost his Conceptual Staff and been thrown in the antimagic wing, also known as the Wizard Tank. Both cells have a bed, a desk and chair, a doorless closet holding several identical grey outfit, and a barred window.

> Name: Hobo Bob
> Job: He doesn't have one and that's why he's homeless.
> Origin: He had a well paying job at one point but the Fiendlord attacking the area ruined that for him so now he's homeless.
> Starting location: Some random alleyway in a major city.
Seventh is Hobo Bob, who wakes up on the muddy cobblestones of Thracia. Or was he in Albine? Yzant? Lyonesse? He can't even remember. Another hobo appears to be eyeing his cardboard box.

"Just a few seconds...and well have some extra manpower on our little quest..." The necromancer spoke to the death knight, as he dug up some graves...stretching his arms...and holding his bone staff, he spoke words straight up from the page of the book most foul he had in his pocket!

Raise the dead to become my servants!
(5) This is the moment Ghar-ei's been waiting for. For years, he's carved his mark into every fresh grave and loosened the soil beneath. Now, with a short chant, twoscore corpses rise as zombies to serve him.

Well, no reason to make the journey in discomfort. Arrange for a pleasure craft to transport me and my servants to the Enshadowed Land.
(5) Word has it that no sailors will go within fifty leagues of the Shadow lest their craft be crushed in the coils of a sea serpent, but word didn't account for the hundred-doubloon bonus the King offered to any captain who'd make the trip. Soon enough, Josephine is aboard the Victoria II, the personal caravel of the royal family. The captain, a middle-aged gambler, lays out their route: they'll go south along the coast, stopping at a number of cities along the way, and dock as soon as the Shadow is in sight. Is that acceptable?

Alinia
Get another hunter to join on my quest of slaying the Fiendlord

(3) Alinia's fellow hunters would rather hunt animals than fiends, it seems. Still, her mentor offers to accompany her as far as the capital.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FANTASYQUEST - Turn 1
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2023, 01:00:17 pm »

Alinia
Track down a nearby beast with my mentor
« Last Edit: October 20, 2023, 02:07:25 pm by Crystalizedmire »
she/her

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: FANTASYQUEST - Turn 1
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2023, 01:08:02 pm »

No no no, we'll have to get closer to the Black Castle for that. What, do they expect me to walk? It'll be fine anyways, it's not like a ship with me on it is going to sink. I can't even swim!
Pages: [1] 2