Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14520 times)

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 1 Take 2
« Reply #165 on: October 31, 2023, 05:12:09 pm »

Just as a heads-up for next time: a hammer usually ends the day :)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: October 31, 2023, 05:12:45 pm »

I'm pretty sure there is no Hammers in this game.
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: October 31, 2023, 05:14:58 pm »

Yeah, I just noticed that...

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: October 31, 2023, 05:23:06 pm »

Yep. No hammer.

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 31, 2023, 05:24:02 pm »

Counts Everyone but Qua has responded since my question about Max's doctor claim.

Well like I said I interpreted this whole sentence as a joke.
I'm also the doctor, and due to another GM error I know all the town players, so mafia had better be sure to kill me first. No slacking off!
"due to another GM error I know all the town players".. I mean

Anyway, I think the real doctor has been silent about it so as not to reveal themselves.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: October 31, 2023, 05:26:52 pm »

I'm honestly surprised that nobody except, apparently, Imp understood the purpose of the action.

Ehh, whatever, this seems to be the tribulation I have to go through every game.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: October 31, 2023, 05:37:58 pm »

I am seeing a massive wagon on Max.  Now, I hate how Max chose to play so far, but I'd hate it from town or scum.  And I can very, very unhappily see Max doing this as town or scum, and as town doctor or not.  Frowns at Max  However, lazy play from town hurts town.  It makes it easy for scum to hide.  They just have to look more townie and/or less scummy than the weakest town.

You can bet your sweet bippy that everyone town should scrutinize the votes and comments supporting them no matter who we lynch and how they flip.

Don't just do this later.  Play now, and don't play lazy.

sof, TCk, a1s, and Cry:

All 4 of you moved about 24 hours after Max made his shocking dogtor claim to vote for Max.  So did Qua, after being mildly challenged by me about tunneling towards just one person - Qua flipped to at least briefly and initially refocus on Max (didn't challenge anyone else yet at least).  The rest of you waited until Qua challenged Max in general about a lot of things (and I'd evaluated Max's play too) and then I questioned what you all think about what I said my thoughts are about Max's claim and what it could mean.

Only Cry and sof even slightly answered my question about their own thoughts.  You can't all be scum.  But it's really, really scummy to jump on a wagon, to not do your own thinking, to not have reasons, to suddenly mind stuff that you didn't even talk about until you're sudddenly and nearly wordlessly voting on it.  That looks like 'Hide In The Crowd'.  And it's so important for town to not make a crowd to hide in.

Town, work to look more town please, make it easier to pick you out from scum.  Don't be lazy, do your best here.  Explain your thinking.

Right now, I want to know from all four of you:

a1s:  you didn't even mention Max's Dogtor claim for over 24 hours, now you vote on it, with the statement "Since everyone else has voted, I guess I should too" as your sole reason.  You've done nothing before that point besides defend yourself.  Explain yourself, you look like scum right now to an amazing degree.  If you're town, you really must do better, because you make it too easy for scum to hide.

TCk:  Congrats.  You are giving me a weak town read.  You started a case on Max yesterday. However, what are your thoughts on the chance that Max could be town, and how much hunting should we do before we lynch him, to find his partner if nothing else?  You didn't ask Max about his dogtor claim once you started questioning folks, you asked about his image choice even though he'd already dogtor claimed.  Why'd you ask such a neutral question then, what were your thoughts and reasons?  What made you decide to focus on that claim later, and why'd it take so long?

sof:  You finally take a stance to become the 3rd vote on Max's wagon.  I appreciate that you're at least discussing observations about other players (me and Qua, if anyone's confused what I mean).  If you're scum I'm going to have a very hard time picking you out from the likes of Max's intense randomness and a1s's intense lack of any effort.  I know day 1 is hard, and you're doing townier than most.  I like that you poked Max about who your supposed partner was, and mentioned his Dogtor claim with a light prob.  But I still want to see more, town doesn't have to be sitting ducks D1, we can do a lot if we work at it, and make D2 way easier if we do put that D1 work in.

Cry:  Your play's reasonably town to me.  I want to ask though, yesterday, you even quoted me quoting Max's dogtor claim, but you didn't address any questions to Max, you asked me about my somewhat poeticness.  Why'd you let a day pass without a reaction to Max's claim?  What did you think initially?  You've told us you didn't realize it could be part of an attempt to make the doctor reveal, Max to reveal 'jokester/liar/townie don't lynch me please I was trying to help' - okay.  But what were you thinking, and why'd you let it pass without challenge?
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: October 31, 2023, 05:49:55 pm »

I actually got quite scared when I saw that a bunch of people instantly jumped on the wagon, but I guess it's fine, haha.

Since everyone else has voted, I guess I should too: Maximum Spin

What's your reasoning, aside from it just being the popular vote?  Also, you never delivered on your intention to provide us with more analyses of other players, as stated here:
More reads after I drink some coffee.
I'm afraid to ask how much "some" coffee is, but I would've expected even the most dedicated and toughest dogs in the world to have dropped from an overdose like 10 hours ago; cats, on the other hand...

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: October 31, 2023, 06:00:31 pm »

Edit by way of post:  I had called sof 3rd on Max's wagon:  sof was actually second on it, it really was not a wagon when sof changed their vote.

Slightly more than 1/3 of D1 has passed, with a lot of vote changes in the last few hours.  I see this as our current vote count and voting statistics:

- Maximum Dog (5)- Quarque, sofanthiel, Crystalizedmire, The Canadian kitten, a1s
- The Canadian "Dog" (0)-
- sofanthiel's D.O.G. (0)-
- Quarque the Dog (0)-
- a1sdog3god (2)- Imp, Maximum Spin
- What's Imp Dog (0)-
- Crystalizedogs (0)-
- No Lynch (0)-

~45 hours remaining

Vote switches:
Max switched from sof to a1s.
Qua switched from Imp to Max.
Cry switched from Qua to a1s to Max.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: October 31, 2023, 06:11:10 pm »

sof:  You finally take a stance to become the 3rd vote on Max's wagon.

Hey, what is this ridiculous disinformation?!  I was the 2nd person to vote Max, and there wasn't any kind of wagon in sight when I did!  If anything, my passive stance up until that point was an indication of the time it takes me to process all the relevant data and make a semi-informed decision (or, at least, my lack of desire to sit down, reread the whole thread, think everything through, and commit to a judgment).

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: October 31, 2023, 06:15:08 pm »

sof was actually second on it, it really was not a wagon when sof changed their vote.

Oh, I see.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: October 31, 2023, 06:18:13 pm »

Yep.  I too can make mistakes.  Thanks for helping make sure everyone spotted it and making sure the record's accurate.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: October 31, 2023, 06:21:35 pm »

I'm honestly surprised that nobody except, apparently, Imp understood the purpose of the action.

Ehh, whatever, this seems to be the tribulation I have to go through every game.

I am wondering if your playstyle's to look at least somewhat scummy every game, regardless of if you are town or scum.

I can legit see your play as reasonable from the likes of you be you town or scum.  I hate for town to be lynched.  I'll accept your roleflip if that's all we get from you - but I hate to see town lynched.  I do hope you remain active and useful all game.

What are you doing, Max, and how does it help town?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: October 31, 2023, 06:54:53 pm »

TCk:  Congrats.  You are giving me a weak town read.  You started a case on Max yesterday. However, what are your thoughts on the chance that Max could be town, and how much hunting should we do before we lynch him, to find his partner if nothing else?  You didn't ask Max about his dogtor claim once you started questioning folks, you asked about his image choice even though he'd already dogtor claimed.  Why'd you ask such a neutral question then, what were your thoughts and reasons?  What made you decide to focus on that claim later, and why'd it take so long?
Correction: I asked a1s about the dog image choice, I asked Max about who is the best doggie here

Chances of Max being town? I say 50/50. with so much time left I was certainly hoping Max say something, but so far it's "Y'all are actually foolish for thinking this way." Very unlikely to reveal partner as well.

The only defence I have about not asking about the dogtor claim was that it was sort of answered here already
It's not trolling, it's a legitimate game tactic.

I can't explain it to you, though, or it wouldn't work. So you'll just have to trust me.
and I figured that I probably won't get more answers about that since MaxSpin already stated that they wont answer questions unless they feel like it.

Why did it take so long? I went to sleep before you posted your thoughts on Max's dogtor claim, and then woke up and finally voted after reviewing the thread.

I might have missed some questions that should be answered so reiterate if possible please

Maxspin: why did you vote a1s after saying that they were best doggie?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: October 31, 2023, 07:02:26 pm »

a1s:  you didn't even mention Max's Dogtor claim for over 24 hours, now you vote on it, with the statement "Since everyone else has voted, I guess I should too" as your sole reason.  You've done nothing before that point besides defend yourself.  Explain yourself, you look like scum right now to an amazing degree.  If you're town, you really must do better, because you make it too easy for scum to hide.
I did mention it, actually. And I vote in self-preservation: at the time of my vote it was my understanding that me and max were tied for being lynched at 3 votes, so I made sure the crosshairs were off of me.
That is not to say I don't suspect max- I'd say they were 50/50 cat or dog which is better than a random guess of 2/5.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 23