Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Untitled Cat Game (Mafia Victory)  (Read 14582 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Catfia: Dogs vs Cats Day 1 Take 2
« Reply #120 on: October 30, 2023, 03:34:04 pm »

a1s, how do you usually respond to pressure?
With barks and growling.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 30, 2023, 03:35:49 pm »

All right, I'm town again.

I'm also the doctor, and due to another GM error I know all the town players, so mafia had better be sure to kill me first. No slacking off!

That means you, sofanthiel.

Perfect.

Tell all, since you're already telling.  Since you're a likely dead before D2 target, little reason to hide anything.

I'll mention I detest this playstyle, and that colors how I speak to you.
For every trouble under the sun, there is an answer, or there is none.
If there is one, then seek until you find it.
If there is none, then never ever mind it.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 30, 2023, 03:37:42 pm »

Well, don't worry, like the weather in New England, if you don't like it, wait a few minutes.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 30, 2023, 03:44:55 pm »

I'm also the doctor, and due to another GM error I know all the town players, so mafia had better be sure to kill me first. No slacking off!

Perfect.

Tell all, since you're already telling.  Since you're a likely dead before D2 target, little reason to hide anything.

Why thou art vaguely poet-like?
she/her

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 30, 2023, 04:02:01 pm »

Perfect.

I'm all kinds of things.  It's my style, always been my style.  If I ever say something that's hard to understand, please do ask for clarification.

What do you like best about playing Mafia, Cry, and what do you dislike that can happen in most games?  (I hope that excludes GM errors - I'm trying to ask about outside of that).

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 30, 2023, 04:03:47 pm »

a1s, how do you usually respond to pressure?
With barks and growling.

Okay.  Happily I understand those.

So, evaluate the play so far.  What do you read from those that have spoken?  What do you believe you show (not intend to show, but actually show) about yourself?

Quarque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 30, 2023, 04:17:32 pm »

What might we expect from you?
Let's talk about you first. How do I know you're not scum? I haven't seen scum Imp play, what does scum Imp look like?

Sure!  You're going to have to figure out for yourself if I'm scum or not, and watching how you do that is part of how I and others are going to figure out if we think you're scum or not.  However, here's my first post as scum
Thanks for the link. I think I learned something about you, but there is plenty of time left in the day to check my theory. Not changing my vote.

How do you attempt to resolve strong players that usually play strongly as town or scum?
I try to figure them out.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 30, 2023, 04:20:12 pm »

Sure!  You're going to have to figure out for yourself if I'm scum or not, and watching how you do that is part of how I and others are going to figure out if we think you're scum or not.  However, here's my first post as scum
Thanks for the link. I think I learned something about you, but there is plenty of time left in the day to check my theory. Not changing my vote.

How do you attempt to resolve strong players that usually play strongly as town or scum?
I try to figure them out.

Reasonable.  Should we expect you to focus on me all day, or will you be expanding your scumhunting efforts to others as well?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 30, 2023, 04:20:26 pm »

Perfect.

I'm all kinds of things.  It's my style, always been my style.  If I ever say something that's hard to understand, please do ask for clarification.

What do you like best about playing Mafia, Cry, and what do you dislike that can happen in most games?  (I hope that excludes GM errors - I'm trying to ask about outside of that).
I dislike how emotionally heated discussions can get.
I like the moments that make me feel like I solved something
she/her

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 30, 2023, 04:48:07 pm »

Too easy. You're wrong this time. I'm a dogly dog now.

That's precisely what I recommended you mention if you rolled mafia in scum chat prior to the reset! :P

due to another GM error I know all the town players, so mafia had better be sure to kill me first. No slacking off!

On account of you not stating who my supposed partner is, I feel like this is just an attempt to get into my head and make me confess in case I'm a baddie (there wouldn't be a single reason for scum to ever risk fake-claiming doc in order to lynch a single townie), but if you actually are telling the truth, the game might restart again soon; we'll see.
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 30, 2023, 04:57:31 pm »

Just a general question to ask: Am I somewhat forgettable because of my awesome disguise that you foolish dogs will never see through lack of participation generally?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 30, 2023, 04:58:19 pm »

On account of you not stating who my supposed partner is, I feel like this is just an attempt to get into my head and make me confess in case I'm a baddie (there wouldn't be a single reason for scum to ever risk fake-claiming doc in order to lynch a single townie), but if you actually are telling the truth, the game might restart again soon; we'll see.
"Patterns indicate two-dimensional thinking, Captain."

You can't fool me. Due to another GM error, I'm actually reading your scumchat with Quarque right now. Both of you are currently talking about how I'm the coolest and best player in the game and you both wish I were on your team instead.

Imp

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 30, 2023, 05:01:06 pm »

Just a general question to ask: Am I somewhat forgettable because of my awesome disguise that you foolish dogs will never see through lack of participation generally?

Maybe.  I definitely will appreciate any attempts at scumhunting you make this day.

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 30, 2023, 05:22:18 pm »

Sof, I liked how you started last game, but it felt very buddy to me - not that I was ready to explore that openly before that game ended.  Is that friendly style typical of how you play?  What benefit did you see that having for your team that last game?

Not really; at first, I genuinely sided with you because of the late-discord-join thing.  Later on, though, you said that both Quarque and I are probably town, so I wanted to join the vote on Max and Crystal while being at least a little bit discreet about it (that's the reason I initially redded a1s).

Due to another GM error, I'm actually reading your scumchat with Quarque right now. Both of you are currently talking about how I'm the coolest and best player in the game and you both wish I were on your team instead.

Aha!  Now I know that you're just trying to trick me and coerce a false confession, for I haven't checked the discord once since this game began!
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 30, 2023, 05:38:32 pm »

Due to another GM error, I'm actually reading your scumchat with Quarque right now. Both of you are currently talking about how I'm the coolest and best player in the game and you both wish I were on your team instead.

Aha!  Now I know that you're just trying to trick me and coerce a false confession, for I haven't checked the discord once since this game began!
No, I just think he's trolling
she/her
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23