Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21

Author Topic: ARMs: Artificial Maidens [Recruiting a Handler]  (Read 10801 times)

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ARMs: Artificial Maidens
« Reply #255 on: September 13, 2024, 03:54:09 am »

Year 450 Cycle 4 - Reports

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: "Excellent job out there everyone. Team Green and Team Gunmetal Rose findings will be further investigated, you will receive a report when we find out more."

Team Scarlet Star

Main Objective Completed: +10000EC
Bonus Objective Completed: +2000EC

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: We expected no less from you Team Scarlet Star, great job!

Quote from: ARM Report
Baretta Scarlet (Focus)
Phantasm Elements
D: 8 -> 11 [+3]

INVOKER: 4/7 (8/50 -> 28/50) [+20]
CLEANSE: 1/4 (0/20 -> 2/20) [+2]

Capella Scarlet (Support)
Phantasm Elements
D: 10 -> 13 [+3]

DEFENDER: 4/5 -> 5/5 (48/50 -> 50/50) [+10]
CLEANSE: 3/5 (0/40 -> 2/40) [+2]

Spoiler: Baretta Scarlet Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Capella Scarlet Status (click to show/hide)

Team Green

Main Objective Completed: +5000EC
Hidden Objective Completed: +2000EC

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: Great job finding this anomalous activity. We will make sure to investigate that trail.

Malakim-12 (Focus)
SENSES: 1/4 (1/20) -> (10/20) [+9]
PUZZLE: 0/4 (0/10) -> (2/10) [+2]

Raven-621 (Support)
SENSES: 1/3 (1/20) -> (10/20) [+9]
PUZZLE: 2/4 (0/30) -> (2/30) [+2]

Spoiler: Malakim-12 Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Raven-621 Status (click to show/hide)

Team Gunmetal Rose

[4th Division Chief Operator] Lia Valie: For your first sortie solo you did well, Team Gunmetal Rose. The investigators will be pleased with your findings, we are closer to understanding what happened in Sector O to be breached.

Main Objective Completed: +5000EC
Hidden Objective Completed: +2000EC

Daybreak
PUZZLE: 2/5 (0/30) -> (4/30) [+4]
SENSES: 2/5 (0/30) -> (2/30) [+2]
EMPATHY: 1/4 (0/20) -> (2/30) [+2]

Tule Vankrels
PUZZLE: 2/3 (0/30) -> (4/30) [+4]
SENSES: 3/6 (0/40) -> (2/40) [+2]
EMPATHY: 2/3 (0/30) -> (2/30) [+2]

Spoiler: Daybreak Status (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Tule Vankrels Status (click to show/hide)

It took a bit longer than I expected because I was having too much fun with silly interactions and went overboard...

You may RP, the mission report should drop much later.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 11:16:05 pm by Nakéen »

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 13, 2024, 05:06:23 am »

Handler Walter was reading through the mission report, his hand sudden tightening at Malakim's concerns. "Jocelyn... at the very least you could have put her at ease before pulling your disappearing act." He grits out. The Handler stews on his thoughts for a few moments before shaking his head. "Get a hold of yourself Walter, your team is counting on you. Leadership requires a calm head." Walter sighs, flipping over a notepad and jotting down that he should accompany 12 during this upcoming downtime, try to get to know her better.
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

VermilionSkies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 13, 2024, 09:30:00 am »

"Ah, good job Daybreak!"
Sarah waves her hands excitedly.
"Nothing went wrong! Everyone is okay! The mission was completed successfully! This was excellent!"

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 13, 2024, 10:16:49 am »

(I think we took Harmony damage too?)

Roland looks over the reports and thinks about their implications. This breach indirectly caused the death of Jeanie and Carla...and it was caused intentionally by a human. Gunmetal Rose has a vendetta against whoever this woman is.

"Congratulations on surviving another mission." Although it was a lot closer than it should be given there wasn't any enemies in the area...he didn't say that part.

"Tule are uh...are ARMS capable of killing humans? Intentionally. If you where ordered to."

The handler hands her an electrolyte filled energy drink as if he hadn't asked about homicide.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 13, 2024, 04:44:54 pm »

(Yes you did, seems like I forgot to update the Reports sheet. Thanks for pointing that out, I have corrected the mistake!)

"Ah, good job Daybreak!"
Sarah waves her hands excitedly.
"Nothing went wrong! Everyone is okay! The mission was completed successfully! This was excellent!"

The young girl had already returned into her standard military uniform, her blond hair tied into a ponytail. In contrast to her Handler's excitement, she replied with calm composure. Her light cheeks blushed faintly however, betraying her joy at being praised for the work well done.

Daybreak: "Of course. The mission could run smoothly thanks to the clear operation plan."

Roland looks over the reports and thinks about their implications. This breach indirectly caused the death of Jeanie and Carla...and it was caused intentionally by a human. Gunmetal Rose has a vendetta against whoever this woman is.

"Congratulations on surviving another mission." Although it was a lot closer than it should be given there wasn't any enemies in the area...he didn't say that part.

"Tule are uh...are ARMS capable of killing humans? Intentionally. If you where ordered to."

The handler hands her an electrolyte filled energy drink as if he hadn't asked about homicide.

Upon noticing Handler Roland arriving, the taller Tule Vankrels broke away from her partner not before giving her a light parting nod. She was back in her standard uniform as well, without the frills and the roses and all that stuff. It suited her quite well as it emphasized her athletic build. She grabbed the energy drink and took a few refreshing gulps from it.

Without a beat she casually replied to the question.
Tule Vankrels: "Thanks Handler Roland, I was parched! Killing humans intentionally? Of course we can, but we need special permission. I was told that's where you Handlers come in, you are able to lift that restriction. Oh but we can still refuse, but I assume a Handler would have a very valid reason to send that kind of kill order to an ARM."

Tule Vankrels then seemed to recall something.
Tule Vankrels: "I mean that makes sense, we are still weapons at our core. There is a bit of romance in that, isn't there? Oh that reminds me of that one romance drama between a cold-blooded killer for hire and her last employer, you see in the female killer cannot kill unless ordered to, and-"

She started passionately doing an in-depth commentary about that work of fiction. Overall, she didn't seem bothered at all with murder if she had to. You guessed that if she were to kill someone anyway, you probably would be deemed responsible as her Handler. You could try finding out more about this if you felt bothered enough by the subject, it must have been in some manual of sort that you skimmed.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 06:39:51 pm by Nakéen »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Normalcy is constructed, not absolute.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 13, 2024, 05:28:09 pm »

Sorry if this concern is a bit late, but I think that Barretta's quality optimization last turn should have consumed two D-tier elements rather than two C-tier ones. This matters because it would let me do a lot more quality optimizations~

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 13, 2024, 05:32:01 pm »

Ah yes, that's my mistake. I will retroactively correct it.

edit: it is done
« Last Edit: September 13, 2024, 09:42:18 pm by Nakéen »

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 13, 2024, 08:18:00 pm »

Charles Deer returns to his desk, reading the mission completion logs.

"The team did good... but that looks like a lot of damage for the other groups."

Charles Deer signs the documents to upgrade the Decontamination Sphere to MG, as well as adding a second LG one.  For this turn, these facilities are available for use by the other teams.

"All other funds are available for training.  Do the Handlers have any suggestions for how they'd like to use the training facilities?"

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 13, 2024, 10:05:13 pm »

You may have introduced another mistake fixing that one, since now Baretta's Love is damaged, despite it being undamaged before this mission and the enemy only doing 2 Power damage to her.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 13, 2024, 10:17:44 pm »

"You've done well, as usual." Handler Natasha is pleased with the mission results. "...You don't leave me much to say. I'm sure you know much more about combat than I do, Baretta. If there's anything left for you to learn, it would have to be keeping a straight face when you're embarrassed and shrugging it off."

"Commander, it may be time to add a third ARM to the team. Obviously, we're going to need more combat power to fulfil the 4th division's full ambitions. One more thing. Team Green is currently under-strength in the support department. If we're going to have more than one ARM per handler anyways, we should help them out until a replacement handler can be found..."

Prophet

• Bay Watcher
  • Cultist and Heretic
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 13, 2024, 11:05:26 pm »

"This is Handler Walter speaking, it's good to have you back Commander. I would suggest, as we're allowing the other Teams to use our old and soon to be Decontamination Spheres, that we have Malakim-12 undertake Quality Optimization for her Love, as both her and Raven-621's readings are rather low in that department. Speaking of, since we have a sizeable training budget limit I'd recommend 621 branch out and train her Invoker skills for 30 cycles, as her Core Attribute readings support her future promise in augmenting her current skill set with the technique. Naturally, next downtime between missions I would suggest we allow 621 to optimize her love and 12 continue her training, assuming nothing major changes with their situation."

The lines is silent for a moment.

"I will also add that paperwork might be slightly delayed if 12 goes for Optimization, as I'd have to reschedule my tasks to make time to personally attend."
.... You've doomed us all. Granted. Everyone except for traps are executed. Random sci-fi nonsense is required to be taught in schools.
A cute intersex harem with everyone in love with the androgynous king and smart and useful enough into pushing the kingdom forward.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 13, 2024, 11:11:43 pm »

Hey, when I was going through the manual I never thought a human would end up siding with the things destroying humanity. Didn’t seem important at the time. Still it looks like our license to kill is surprisingly broad, we should have no problem offing that woman if we get the chance. Come to the think of it we should probably put a name to that woman.

Roland half-listens to Tule’s film analysis while lost in thought. When she finishes he brings up the subject.

“….That was all something your sister watched right? She must have really liked it if your memories of it are that strong. Anyway this saboteur you discovered… She is likely the most dangerous threat to humanity at the moment. If she succeeded in surviving the breach she is likely some form of maiden. We need to do anything we can to stop her. And the first step is giving her a code name.”

Roland thinks for a moment. All the names he wanted to call her were a bit too vulgar to stick. Then he remembered Tule’s comment about the breach being called ‘shapeshifting alien’ and an alien with that power from an old video game he played as a kid.

“…I think we will call her the ‘Fat Lady’ for now.”

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 13, 2024, 11:16:19 pm »

You may have introduced another mistake fixing that one, since now Baretta's Love is damaged, despite it being undamaged before this mission and the enemy only doing 2 Power damage to her.
Eep. That's fixed too.

Nakéen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 13, 2024, 11:32:47 pm »

"You've done well, as usual." Handler Natasha is pleased with the mission results. "...You don't leave me much to say. I'm sure you know much more about combat than I do, Baretta. If there's anything left for you to learn, it would have to be keeping a straight face when you're embarrassed and shrugging it off."

Natasha's advice caused Baretta's wound of embarassment to reopen, dealing critical damage to her spirit.
Baretta Scarlet: "Ugh! Y-Yes Handler Natasha. I will work on that. Do you maybe have some advice?"

Baretta doubled up on her question due to feeling or imagining some pressure coming from her Handler.
Baretta Scarlet: "You are like a paragon of composure, I have never seen you embarassed!"

Hey, when I was going through the manual I never thought a human would end up siding with the things destroying humanity. Didn’t seem important at the time. Still it looks like our license to kill is surprisingly broad, we should have no problem offing that woman if we get the chance. Come to the think of it we should probably put a name to that woman.

Roland half-listens to Tule’s film analysis while lost in thought. When she finishes he brings up the subject.

“….That was all something your sister watched right? She must have really liked it if your memories of it are that strong. Anyway this saboteur you discovered… She is likely the most dangerous threat to humanity at the moment. If she succeeded in surviving the breach she is likely some form of maiden. We need to do anything we can to stop her. And the first step is giving her a code name.”

Roland thinks for a moment. All the names he wanted to call her were a bit too vulgar to stick. Then he remembered Tule’s comment about the breach being called ‘shapeshifting alien’ and an alien with that power from an old video game he played as a kid.

“…I think we will call her the ‘Fat Lady’ for now.”

Tule Vankrels used all her willpower to hold back a smirk upon hearing the codename suggestion.
Tule Vankrels: "Understood."

After suppressing her laughter, the girl thought about her Handler's comments and forgot about the codename.
Tule Vankrels: "You really think she might have been a Maiden? I have never heard of a Maiden going rogue - well apart from the Fallen ones. I-I'm no expert but why would a Maiden do something like that?"

Handler Roland recalled a bit about the Maidens of old. He didn't know how much the ARMs knew on an individual level, but he recalled that natural born Maidens had a powerful innate drive to eliminate Phantasmal entities. Truth be told, what Tule said wasn't incorrect in the sense that in all of known history, Maidens had never strayed from the path of humanity's survival. Save from when they Fell that is, but that was another subject. He might have to check some manuals he skimmed again at some point.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 14, 2024, 12:07:29 am »

Look, there are a lot of words in those manuals. How was I supposed to know the history section would be important one day?

“Why would anyone do such a thing? Maiden’s hearts are life’s greatest mystery. Those romance shows should have taught you that much.”

It is even possible this was done because of the Maiden’s urge to destroy phantasms. Some kind of political terrorism to urge high command into expanding? Or maybe they just have a grudge stronger than that innate desire. It was a fair question. If I had any idea what their motive was I could find them.

“Before I forgot, the Commander sends his regards and asks if you have any requests.”

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 21