Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: The Survival of The Shellfolk | For the Lauv of God  (Read 8093 times)

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
Re: The Survival of The Shellfolk | For the Lauv of God
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2023, 10:56:09 am »

Yo, Funk!  Ya gonna do something?  Or should we eat your corpse?
Technically, we can do that either way.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2023, 01:28:05 pm »

Yo, Funk!  Ya gonna do something?  Or should we eat your corpse?
Technically, we can do that either way.

Welp, he will simply slack off this turn, then.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 06, 2023, 01:31:27 am »

Sorry for not up dateing you all but i'm a bit ill at the monument.

I'll hunt this turn.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 06, 2023, 08:57:34 pm »

Sorry for not up dateing you all but i'm a bit ill at the monument.

I'll hunt this turn.

I take it all three of your actions will be hunting, right?
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 07, 2023, 12:54:23 pm »

Yes all three.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 08, 2023, 04:42:27 pm »

_/Labour Report\_

Foraging

Gathering Rocks
Mollask: x1
Mu Rex: x0
Molloch the Devourer: x0
Zark the Red: x0
Fish Sugarpants: x0
Shelbie: x0
Walnut: x1

Rocks Gathered= 2

Gathering Water
Mollask: x0
Fish Sugarpants: x3
Walnut: x0

Water Gathered= 9

Hunting Animals (%33 Success Rate)
Zark the Red: x3 (x)(x)(✓)

Meat Hunted= 3
Leather Harvested= 1
Bones Collected= 0

Hunting Plants (%33 Success Rate)

Fuel Gathered= 0

Construction and Production

Items Crafted(0/0)
1 Sharp Stone by Mollask
1 Sharp Stone by Shelbie
1 Sharp Stone by Walnut

Buildings Built
1 Corridor by Mollask
1 Carved Balcony by Shelbie
  +1 Fireplace by Shelbie
  +1 Fireplace by Molloch the Devourer (oh... oh?)
1 Corridor by Walnut

Meat Dried(3/6)
Thrice by Mu Rex

Meat Dried= 9

Leather Dried(5/6)
Twice by Molloch the Devourer

Leather Dried= 2

Mu wakes up to the sound of rain. The weather had clamed substantially since the day before, but the rain was still continuing. The air had an autunmnal quality to it, damp and cold in way that got through the shell and into the guts, but in a kinda cozy way that woke Mu right up.

Mu looks up to see the rain. He could drink it. But it would need to be bagged first. Don't ask why. It is hard to hold liquids when all you have is thin tendrils. And opening your beak to the rain takes far too long. But it would be refreshing to drink freshwater after so long. He drinks his briny saltwater. Not that it matters.

He briefly thinks to cook food after seeing the stockpiles empty. But he quickly realises that it is impossible to light a fire at this time. The raw meat they have is close to rotting, so someone should do something fast. Emphasis on someone. Not Mu.

Zark wakes up second and does what Zark does. He grabs some bags, equips his spear, and goes out to kill something. He drinks his water and heads out.

Fish wakes up third. He is feeling quite lazy today. But someone needs to gather water. He drinks up his water and puts three bags onto a rock to fill in the rain. He goes back to sleep afterwards. He'll grab the bags in the afternoon or something.

Others slowly get up as well and start their day. Now, they have homes and storage, but the space on the cliff they have here is limited. They need to burrow into the thing. So Shelbie and Walnut drink the leftover saltwater while Molloch and Mollask drink whatever water had accumulated in the bags Fish had set up. Ah, freshwater at last. It is delicacy after all!

They all are hungry, but there is not much they can do about it now. They don't want to waste food by eating it raw, so they figure that a new fireplace is a must.

Mollask and Walnut each grab a stone from their surroundings and knap them into usable ones. You would figure they would carve a place for the much needed fire? No, they instead decided to dig two tunnels from the backs of their own rooms. Which currently lead to nowhere. They are exhausted by the ordeal due to the lack of a meal. They both go take a nap to conserve hunger.

No, it is Shelbie who does the necessary work. He hits the rock and slowly excavates a cavity in the shape of a half dome. He then grabs one piece of fuel to light a fire on their new balcony, which would shield it from the rain. Molloch has the exact same idea. So both decide to do it. At the same place. At the same exact time. Their combined efforts form a fire that was larger and hotted than either had intended to light. But it isn't exactly unpleasant. It is larger and hotter, so it can get the twice amount of the job done.

UNLOCKED: Medium Fireplace

Molloch grabs their almost-rotted two pieces of leather and begins to dry them. They could always use more bags. Mu, having seen the creation of the fire, quickly joins him with all of their raw meat in tow. Together, they cook and dry animal products. And they start to converse to kill their boredom.

"How did you two light a fire so large?"

"I have no idea. I reckon that this is not even the largest we can light. I bet we can light up an even larger one."

"Hah, imagine the heat coming off from such a fire. Even the gods would feel its heat from their homes."

"I suppose you are right. I'd say that Suth would be pissed. He would smite us into ashes."

"Hahaha, you're right. He would!"

"What are you two talking about?" Shellbie sits down near them, not wanting to sleep and smelling the cooking meat.

"About the gods' wrath." Mu replies.

"Why? Are we angering them?"

"No no, Shelbie. We are poking fun at this giant fire you and I made. We were talking about how an even larger one would piss off the gods."

"Hahaha, imagine that! But I'd say that Ghunnik would be happy about it. He is like, the god of fire?"

"Wasn't it Ghannik?" Molloch asks, and Shelbie answers.

"No, Ghannik is the god of water and cold. He and Ghunnik are twins."

"Wait they are?" Molloch asks again, but this time Mu interjects.

"Of course they are! It is in the names! You know the story? The one where the mountain spew up into the celestial plane and fucked the sky-boulder and then-"

"The food, Rex. The food is going into the fire."

"AH SHIT!"

The cooking and drying goes on uneventfully, besides that small mishap at Mu's part. Molloch goes to pack the pelt away, and Mu goes wake the sleepers so they can eat with them. One by one, everyone gathers at the balcony. Molloch hands everyone their warm steaks and Fish goes out to retrieve the bags he left out in the morning.

This when Zark emerges from behind the boulders, drenched in rainwater and carrying only a single bag full of meat and a piece of raw leather. He curses at his luck to the others and climbs to the balcony with them to partake in the feast. Fish also returns right after.

As they all eat, Zark recounts his story.

"So I was pursuing these nimbles right? And I was so close to catch one large male off guard. But then these fucking dreamflies arrive to hunt on the exact herd. The herd panics and runs away and shit, and I lose the perfect opportunity to fill all three bags and get us a second days fill."

"Don't beat yourself up about it." Shellbie says.

"Also don't go out without a warning. Tell us when you are out hunting." Molloch adds.

"Why didn't you try to catch one of the dreamflies?" Walnut asks after a silence.

"They are so fucking fast, thats why! They are also goddamn clever. They know they are annoying and have fun with it. Also their flesh may make you high unless you are really careful to avoid the venom glands all over their bodies."

"Huh? Didn't heard that before." Fish says.

"Don't get any ideas. It is a venom. It is deadly when the dose is too much. And too much of it is too little in this case. Anyways, the herd left a baby behind. So I killed that instead. Boring I know."

The seven recount some more stories after and share a few laughs. They then slowly start to retire to their rooms for the night. All except two.

"What are you so concerned about?"  Zark asks to Molloch.

"I am just feeling uneasy. Like something is coming."

"Oh you old rock. Lets go to sleep."

"Alright. Coming."

Molloch watches as Zark goes into his cave to sleep.

He then leaves the balcony too. But instead of going to his own house, he instead moves to the opposite direction, where the cliff turns into a slope and the mountain is clearly visible. Something leads him there. He doesn't knows what.

He looks up at the mountain, which is a volcano. The mountain, which has it's peak glow a beckoning, pulsating orange. The way this strange light morphs and shakes does things to Molloch's head, which he doesn't understands. He leaves it at that.

Maybe he is old, huh? He goes to sleep.

_/The Uch-Urum Tribe\_

_/Population\_: 7/7

_/Resources\_
¤ Raw Meat: 3/15 (3 spoils in 2 turns)
¤ Dried Meat: 2/15 (+0 / -7)
¤ Bones: 4/0
¤ Raw Leather: 2/0 (1 spoils in 1 turns, 1 spoils in 2 turns)
¤ Pelt: 2/0
¤ Stones: 1/0
¤ Water: 7/15 (+0 / -7)
¤ Fuel: 0/0 (-0)

_/Tools\_
12 Leather Bags (10 used, 2 available)
7 Bone Spears (7 used, 0  available)
7 Leather Clothes (7 used, 0 available)

_/Buildings\_ (corridors are not here for obvious reasons)
3 Storage Caves (45 Storage Total, 23 Used)
7 Cave Homes (7 Housing)
1 Carved Balcony
  +1 Medium Fireplace

_/Toolmaking\_
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

_/Construction\_
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Active Warnings
None

_/Cave Map\_
The site I am using is not cooperating!

Does any one of you know of a better site or app or whatever?

Players

Spoiler:  Mollask (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Mu Rex (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Molloch the Devourer (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Zark the Red (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Fish Sugarpants (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Shelbie (click to show/hide)

Spoiler:  Walnut (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: October 09, 2023, 03:56:26 am by Magmacube_tr »
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 08, 2023, 04:56:27 pm »

(What site were you using?)
Mollask
gather rocks
knap rock
smoke raw leather
she/her

Supernerd

• Bay Watcher
  • Currently experiencing fremdschämen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 08, 2023, 06:45:39 pm »

Fish Sugarpants
Thing 1: Hunt
Thing 2: Hunt
Thing 3: Hunt

Fish Sugarpants will not say any words in the update post.
websim.ai is coming dangerously close to being able to run Gridhood. Maybe I'll live to see the day if I exercise, eat right, and somehow convince the world's governments not to nuke everyone.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 08, 2023, 07:26:28 pm »

Shelbie
1: Fuel
2: Fuel
3: Fuel

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 08, 2023, 10:57:56 pm »

Why wasn't Mu able to cook any meat?  Also, how was Mollask able to do six actions while everyone else was only able to do 3 (except for Mu, who wasn't able to do anything at all...)?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 09, 2023, 03:19:42 am »

Walnut
Cure raw leather
Make leather bag
Make leather bag
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 09, 2023, 03:54:58 am »

Why wasn't Mu able to cook any meat?  Also, how was Mollask able to do six actions while everyone else was only able to do 3 (except for Mu, who wasn't able to do anything at all...)?

I keep confusing Mu and Mollask for some reason. It is Mu cooking, don't worry.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 09, 2023, 05:55:08 pm »

I keep confusing Mu and Mollask for some reason. It is Mu cooking, don't worry.

What about this:

Mu wakes up to the sound of rain. The weather had clamed substantially since the day before, but the rain was still continuing. The air had an autunmnal quality to it, damp and cold in way that got through the shell and into the guts, but in a kinda cozy way that woke Mu right up.

Mu looks up to see the rain. He could drink it. But it would need to be bagged first. Don't ask why. It is hard to hold liquids when all you have is thin tendrils. And opening your beak to the rain takes far too long. But it would be refreshing to drink freshwater after so long. He drinks his briny saltwater. Not that it matters.

He briefly thinks to cook food after seeing the stockpiles empty. But he quickly realises that it is impossible to light a fire at this time. The raw meat they have is close to rotting, so someone should do something fast. Emphasis on someone. Not Mu. (emphasis added)

?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 10, 2023, 12:15:22 am »

What about this:

He briefly thinks to cook food after seeing the stockpiles empty. But he quickly realises that it is impossible to light a fire at this time. The raw meat they have is close to rotting, so someone should do something fast. Emphasis on someone. Not Mu. (emphasis added)

?

I am talking about the fire. Mu wants to dry meat. But there is no fire. So he temporarily gives up until someone lights a fire.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 10, 2023, 05:16:48 am »

Mu Rex

Hunt
Hunt
Hunt
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11