Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: SQUIRE 2.0  (Read 2383 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: SQUIRE 2.0
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2023, 03:48:45 pm »

You have a brief idea to go find the Golden Cup Inn, but first things first you might be able to meet Baron Thobing. Again you ask passerbies for help, and they kindly point you to the city hall. It is a two-story building not very dissimilar from townhouses around it.

Inside, there's a clerk, guarded by two guards with spears, their chainmails adorned with the all-too-common triple-lion emblem. The clerk is middle-aged man with reading glasses and a councillor's cap on his bald head.

"Hello there, child." He says, slightly amused as you approach his desk. "Can I help you?"

"I am Griff Let, here to meet with Baron Dux Thobing and present my offer of service to him." The middle-aged man looks at you from above his glasses, no longer amused.

"Do you have an appointment?" You shake your head. "A letter of recommendation, then?" You shake your head again and the middle-aged man sighs.

"Then know that Baron Thobing is too busy to just meet with anyone who steps inside from the streets. There's quite a lot of dignitaries and important personages wishing to meet with the Baron these days..." His voice trails off as he flips the pages of his book. "I believe he could find some precious moments for you two days from now on by the midday bell."
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2023, 04:51:33 pm »

We should ponder how we would acquire a letter of recommendation. Presumably in exchange for good service to a lord... I wonder if there are any convenient quests to perform

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 24, 2023, 12:09:03 am »

We are really good at riding, training, and taming horses
We can just offer our services to people with horses or lots of horses

Ask citizens for any help needed for any purpose

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 24, 2023, 03:27:39 am »

Ask citizens for any help needed for any purpose
+1 Quest time!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 24, 2023, 10:00:39 am »

she/her

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 24, 2023, 10:34:01 am »

You start asking random passerbies if they have any work to do. Many don't pay attention to you, few laugh, and others just shrug. It actually takes for the sun to begin setting towards the horizon when you find someone wishing to give you anything a worthy task. That's when you wind up my a small smithy, which seem to specialize in swords and daggers.

"You good with that horse, young sir?" The tall, thin, bearded blacksmith asks, putting away the knife he was polishing. He seems middle-aged, but working the furnace and anvil made his body suffer for it. "Cuz I have some newly forged swords I need delivered southwards. To the owner of an establishment called The Roadside Inn. He is a retired soldier and his inn is day away from Marienburg, so he needs protection. Neither of my apprentices can ride a horse, so I need a good rider from time to time. I offer a pair of ducats for your troubles."

Two ducats can get you a room and meals to last a day, but do you take this quest up, young Squire?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2023, 10:37:33 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 24, 2023, 10:34:56 am »

Yes
she/her

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 24, 2023, 10:41:01 am »

We have a meeting with Sir Elmhead tomorrow morning, but we could deliver them after that?

If it takes us a day there, and a day back, then 2 ducats (one day of food and board) doesn't seem like enough for subsistence.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 24, 2023, 12:44:13 pm »

Yes, but only after meeting with Sir Elmhead

Maybe we could use the goodwill of the innkeeper to rest for free?

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 25, 2023, 02:48:13 am »

Yes, but only after meeting with Sir Elmhead

Maybe we could use the goodwill of the innkeeper to rest for free?
+1
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 25, 2023, 05:04:55 pm »

You ask whether he could wait a day before you deliver the weapons.

"Hrm. If I find no one else until tomorrow, you can deliver the swords. I will not be waiting on you if I find more enthusiastic rider, though." The blacksmith looks at you and sighs.

"Three ducats if you go today." He says with a grimace, completely misunderstanding the delay.
SigFlags!

Crystalizedmire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 25, 2023, 05:11:45 pm »

"Hrm. If I find no one else until tomorrow, you can deliver the swords. I will not be waiting on you if I find more enthusiastic rider, though." The blacksmith looks at you and sighs.

"Three ducats if you go today." He says with a grimace, completely misunderstanding the delay.
How about we pretend we're leaving today but stay at an inn far away so that we could have a meeting with Elmhead?
she/her

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2023, 05:57:26 pm »

How about we pretend we're leaving today but stay at an inn far away so that we could have a meeting with Elmhead?
+1

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 27, 2023, 08:44:24 am »

+1
+1

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 27, 2023, 10:51:45 am »

"How about I pretend I'm leaving today at an inn far away so that I could have a meeting-" The Blacksmith looks at you, bemused.

"How about you don't vocalize your thoughts so boldly in front of others, boy?" He says, and you blush with embarassement. The man shrugs.

"If you have plans, don't try to weasel your way into other plans in the same time. You will only regret your decisions." Embarassed, you thank the man for words of wisdom and depart.

You idly wander the streets, Squire, and where do you go now?
SigFlags!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4