Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [ALLOWED_CREATURE] for multiple castes?  (Read 425 times)

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[ALLOWED_CREATURE] for multiple castes?
« on: July 15, 2023, 09:21:16 pm »

May [ALLOWED_CREATURE] be duplicated to allow multiple castes into a position? If not, is there any way to allow multiple castes into a single position?

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
Re: [ALLOWED_CREATURE] for multiple castes?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2023, 04:01:06 am »

I'm not sure but I think [ALLOWED_CLASS] along with a custom [CREATURE_CLASS] is what you are looking for.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2023, 11:31:13 am »

I'm not sure but I think [ALLOWED_CLASS] along with a custom [CREATURE_CLASS] is what you are looking for.

Ah, so I can apply a class token to only some of the castes in one civilized species, and then only allow that class into a position? That is enormously helpful.

Ulfarr

• Bay Watcher
  • Going on a pilgrimage to Mars
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2023, 03:17:50 pm »

I think so, yes. After looking some more at the wiki, it seems like there are also the "opposite" tokens [REJECTED_CLASS] and [REJECTED_CREATURE] that are supposed to block a creature/class of creatures from getting said position.
Bring Kobold Kamp to LNP! graphics compatibility fix.

So the conclusion I'm getting here is that we use QSPs because dwarves can't pilot submarines.

Digganob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2023, 05:55:02 pm »

I think so, yes. After looking some more at the wiki, it seems like there are also the "opposite" tokens [REJECTED_CLASS] and [REJECTED_CREATURE] that are supposed to block a creature/class of creatures from getting said position.

Ah, I might use those instead. I'll probably have to look at ant men or something to see how it's all used in action. Thanks for the help.