Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15087 times)

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 4) Day 3
« Reply #285 on: September 09, 2023, 11:35:11 am »

Ah, Jesus. I don't think it's EP, which is really bad, because if scum have any killing power left at all, it's game over after I'm eliminated.

It's one of the two players willing to park their votes on me, but the problem is, there are two players doing that. I've given my reasons for thinking it's TCK, but I'm honestly not sure.

Sofanthiel genuinely seems to be trying to solve the game... even if he doesn't seem to get why devoting two nights to killing a weak player people suspected D1 when I'd need them alive to push the elim onto today would be completely bonkers for me as mafia.

TCK seems to think you shoot people out of revenge, doesn't have a strong grasp on what a town player would think, and mostly seems interested in defending themselves. They brought me to L-1 the very instant I voted them, instantly dropping any idea that someone else could be mafia. This... just doesn't seem to be town play.

If it helps, I would have decided try to shoot you this night had we not been reduced from 6 to 4.
What does this even mean?

Do you have extra shots or not?
One wheel short of a wagon

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: September 09, 2023, 11:45:09 am »

If it helps, I would have decided try to shoot you this night had we not been reduced from 6 to 4.
What does this even mean?

Do you have extra shots or not?

It means that I would have continued thinking that I had extra shots and tried to shoot you this night had Maxine and CM not died.

TCK seems to think you shoot people out of revenge, doesn't have a strong grasp on what a town player would think, and mostly seems interested in defending themselves. They brought me to L-1 the very instant I voted them, instantly dropping any idea that someone else could be mafia. This... just doesn't seem to be town play.

I don't have a strong grasp on what to do because this is my first game, are there expectations that I have to do better than veteran players who played this genre of games many times, or even the other newbies who may have only played once, but got coaching and had a game to figure out how they should play?

I won't know what town play is to me until I have maybe more than 1 game under my belt

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: September 09, 2023, 11:56:16 am »

Back; reading over the thread.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: September 09, 2023, 11:59:04 am »

NJW, could you drop that Crystallizedmire info you've been keeping in your back pocket? Sorry if you already did and I missed it.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: September 09, 2023, 12:27:08 pm »

I'm not sure about timezones, but I suspect sofanthiel is gone... I certainly seem to be getting eliminated.

The info was that I shot CrystallisedMire yesterday. I get two shots, one was an armor penetrating kill, the other a normal shot... didn't reveal this stuff, because I really suspect people would have eliminated me for it, likely losing for town. No reason not to reveal it now.

I don't have a strong grasp on what to do because this is my first game, are there expectations that I have to do better than veteran players who played this genre of games many times, or even the other newbies who may have only played once, but got coaching and had a game to figure out how they should play?

I won't know what town play is to me until I have maybe more than 1 game under my belt
That's true enough - I was more talking about your motivations. If you're genuinely town, I'm going to be more annoyed at how I played than you did.
One wheel short of a wagon

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: September 09, 2023, 12:31:22 pm »

Very interesting. So that only leaves one nightkill unaccounted for: whichever one hit me.

OK I'm just waffling back and forth at this point and I don't feel like running this day down to the wire. NJW. If it isn't you, it's probably sofanthiel—TCk's play is wack but sofanthiel's interactions have been extremely stilted, particularly the ones with Quarque.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: September 09, 2023, 04:39:10 pm »

End of Day 3

NJW2000 was executed, upon consent of all his teammates.

NJW2000 was an Accurate Stormtrooper Cadet. A rare find in the Stormtrooper Corps, he shall be missed

Night 3 ends Sunday, September 10th at 5:45 pm EST, approximately 24 hours from now, or when all Night Actions have been submitted.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 3) Day 4
« Reply #292 on: September 09, 2023, 05:33:21 pm »

Day 4 start: The Last Easy Day Was Yesterday

Starting Votecount:
Elephant Parade: (0)
The Canadian Kitten: (0)
Sofanthiel: (0)

No Lynch: (0)

Not voting: Elephant Parade, The Canadian Kitten, Sofanthiel

Day 4 ends Tuesday, September 12th, 2023 at 6:30pm EST approximately 72 hours from now, or a HAMMER of Two (2) votes.

Reminder: Everyone loses on a Tie.
Win Conditions Reminder: Town must kill all Mafia, Mafia must equal or outnumber Town, Third Party (if exist) must fulfill whatever wincon

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: September 09, 2023, 05:53:47 pm »

So elephant won't nag over action claims

Did nothing and didn't get shot at all

This is now sort of confusing for me, give me some time to work something out in my head

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: September 09, 2023, 06:16:46 pm »

Mod Clarification: sofanthiel has been unable to use the forum's PM system to submit night actions, as per the Discord. Any night actions of sofanthiel have been via Discord

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: September 09, 2023, 06:19:50 pm »

The Canadian kitten: If I was less trustworthy than NJW yesterday, why did you shift your vote onto NJW?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: September 09, 2023, 06:28:48 pm »

The Canadian kitten: If I was less trustworthy than NJW yesterday, why did you shift your vote onto NJW?

Because I got angry with how NJW been trying to target me throughout the last day, I was mostly thinking of your untrustworthiness due to the last claim thing wouldn't work well for town, if you were potentially scum, and that i figured that you might have shot CM since it didn't seem obvious to me that NJW shot CM.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: September 09, 2023, 06:39:43 pm »

Why would I have shot CM?

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: September 09, 2023, 06:47:11 pm »

Why would I have shot CM?

I never had a motivation, i was just working with the idea if NJw was a standard cadet, and all I knew was the NJW already shot, Sofa already shot, and you haven't shot yet.

basically my reasoning, only to be ignored by everyone that just leaving me confused

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: September 09, 2023, 06:55:08 pm »

So you assumed scum only got one shot?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 25