Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25

Author Topic: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy - Game Over, Town has won  (Read 15141 times)

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Armed Forces Mafia Refined: Stormtrooper Academy (squad strength 4) Day 3
« Reply #270 on: September 07, 2023, 02:33:33 pm »

Don't worry about it. Nobody expects a player to be active 24 hours a day.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 07, 2023, 02:45:46 pm »

Regarding bussing: does it really strike you as plausible that scum!me would hardbus my partner D1 in a setup where the night game is so important?

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 08, 2023, 10:07:24 am »

That's the thing... someone bussed. At work presently, but I guess I'm going over D1 one more time, and trying to see who it could be. I'm really hoping not EP for meta reasons, although after the supernatural, I guess I can understand it.

Regarding bussing: does it really strike you as plausible that scum!me would hardbus my partner D1 in a setup where the night game is so important?
I can see the logic here (stray bullets are presumably very scary for scum, and doubly so if one of them is dead), but ultimately, winning this game as scum comes down to not being suspected by town, just like in a normal mafia.
One wheel short of a wagon

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 08, 2023, 11:07:38 am »

Canadian... could have eliminated Maxine. They could have hopped on Max. They could have sat on their hands, or gone after someone with no votes. They could have done anything other than vote Quarque. The only reason for them to kill their scumpartner would have been an overwhelming desire to appear town... but to be honest, I can see that desire coming through. There's something off about the way they keep talking about revenge shooting.

If Sofanthiel is scum, it was very risky distancing gone wrong, or a bus they planned from the start. And to be honest, if it's the latter, fair play to them.

EP could have decided to bus basically from the get-go, or from as soon as Quarque used a weak line of attack. It doesn't seem deeply in line with their playstyle, but anyone can make a decision to mix it up.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 08, 2023, 03:49:16 pm »

TheCanadianKitten.

A lot of what they said just doesn’t add up, they’re worryingly bloodthirsty at times and uncertain at others, and doomed Quarque without really explaining anything D1 after Max and I admitted to suspecting them.

I think scum shoot every night… Jack probably wouldn’t nerf them so hard that wasn’t an option.
So probably not sofanthiel, given what we know about N2… I guess? Overdetermination likely occurred around Max N1. Possibly twice.

It could still be EP but… eh, the bus is outside their meta and I don’t think they’d devote the entire game into a mafia gambit ego trip. Also, I don’t think they invent a shot and then do nothing with that idea. That’s more a MaximumSpin kind of lie. Or unless it was literally to look town? They aren’t that simplistic, I don’t think. Uh

I would not be astonished if there was a survivor or SK as well, because y’all are playing weird and the one person who really should have shot me was the one most likely to leave me alive as sacrificial protection. So I am still playing this game after screwing the pooch repeatedly, and it’s slowly driving me nuts.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: September 08, 2023, 05:18:49 pm »

Obligatory pfp
How exactly am I worryingly bloodthirsty at times? Other than shooting and voting you, I don't really recall any moment where I wanted someone's else head.
I get uncertain, as you know I'm trying to learn and apply mafia knowledge in this game without screwing majorly up, and look the time where I posit the theory that I was confident in turns out to be wrong due to my terrible understanding of the roles pm.

If it helps, I would have decided try to shoot you this night had we not been reduced from 6 to 4.

While I could have doomed maxine or even maxspin, I didn't because
1. I never had a strong or good case on maxine, all I really felt was that they were slightly suspicious after it was clear that I should vote for who I found most sus at that time.
2.My gut feeling had the sense that maxspin was town. I didn't find them sus, and found you sus for voting maxspin and decided to shoot you in the night for it.
3.  I only hopped to Qarque when it became clear to me that my gut read on Maxine was too weak for even me to use to convince myself, and that Quarque became increasingly suspicious due to their way of trying to attack others.

Here, have another "bloodthirsty" moment from me, NJW

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: September 08, 2023, 05:49:18 pm »

Hm. If it’s actually EP, they may or may not be able to hammer for the win, but I guess that’s probably something I should accept.

But the bloodthirstiness… it’s stuff like this, and yep, your attacks on me N1 and D2, apparently for disagreeing with your gut read on Max?

I mean, sofa also exhibits it, but it seems more in character for them, and based on stronger reasoning.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: September 08, 2023, 08:48:33 pm »

PFP

No content -- I've been out all day and I'm still not back -- just demonstrating that I won't hammer

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: September 08, 2023, 09:28:41 pm »

Current Votecount:
NJW2000: Sofanthiel, The Canadian Kitten (2)
Elephant Parade: (0)
The Canadian Kitten: NJW2000 (1)
Sofanthiel: (0)

Not voting: Elephant Parade

Day 3 ends Saturday, September 9th, 2023 at 4:15pm, or a HAMMER of  Three (3) votes.

Reminder: Everyone loses on a Tie.

The Canadian kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cat in the Hat demands I hand over my kneecaps
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: September 08, 2023, 11:51:56 pm »

It is also fair to mention that, out of everyone alive right now, Crystal only voted NJW, as provided below:
NJW should've bolded and coloured that

From D2 but revelent to this statement
NJW

Unless this statement was suppose to mean "Out of everyone dead right now" or something like that

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: September 08, 2023, 11:57:58 pm »

PFP

Was supposed to be back earlier this evening but will now not be back until tomorrow morning a few hours before the deadline. Low phone battery + can't charge so don't expect anything further until then. Don't really like anyone. Gut says NJW then sofanthiel/TCk; activity says TCk then sofanthiel then NJW; vote analysis says NJW but led me wrong last game. Leaning NJW. Really sorry about the timing of this. Kind of wish extensions still existed

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: September 09, 2023, 03:09:22 am »

I didn't shoot but did get shot

This would've been a little more helpful if you shared the above information earlier, specifically prior to my vote/kill counting; you could be trying to falsify my reasoning and its conclusion by way of deception.

I, personally, never said it's plausible, just that there is a possibility.

There is 0 evidence of armor piercing as of now, so I think we have a prepared rebel on our hands, similar to Crystal, but maybe with infinite uses.  It'd make a lot of sense for both mafia and town to possess the grenade ability.  This perfectly lines up with the idea of NJW shooting Max + CM night 1 and EP + CM night 2.  If we are wrong and EP is our culprit, Canada and I have already wasted our blasters, meaning there is no opportunity for a lawful night-time execution, though we both still have armor.  We'll probably live to see another day (I still don't consider EP a 1-shot kill simply because, in case it comes to lynching you tomorrow, that claim could have been easily fabricated).
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: September 09, 2023, 06:10:24 am »

… sometimes you miss things in a weird way, sofanthiel. Like how your theory involves me repeatedly shooting a weak player not on the Quarque wagon, and only leaving alive the people that eliminated my scum partner. Why the hell would I want CM out of the game as scum? If he was alive, he’d be a potential elim.

EP: What about eliminating TCK and shooting me?

sofanthiel

• Bay Watcher
  • Escaped Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: September 09, 2023, 07:21:05 am »

Why the hell would I want CM out of the game as scum?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I forgot my love of rolling down the hill on the lawn.
I never noticed it until it was gone.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: September 09, 2023, 07:39:06 am »

So he voted me a few times. Yeah, if I was completely new to the game, I’d think that way.

But you know what? Everyone else here was on the Quarque wagon. It was pretty obvious Maxine would be shot, and there’s no way I decide to leave myself with the three players on the elimination D1. Think about it for a second.

I mean, if you think trying to kill people for suspecting you is always a scumtell, have a look at CK.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 25