Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Mass psychosis  (Read 3410 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Mass psychosis
« Reply #60 on: May 14, 2023, 06:14:26 am »

Oh, man. These arguments sure must sound rational when you're high.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • The questioner does not.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: May 14, 2023, 06:18:20 am »

You realize that saying "warning opinions ahead" won't save you when you're making claims which are in the realm of fact and not opinion? Like, this is the sort of thing you could probably point to a study on if it were proven fact, but instead it's just something you've decided would make sense and are therefore presenting as fact.

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: May 14, 2023, 07:25:53 am »

Thus, merciless shitpostery.

Anyway, if we're not allowed synthetic drugs what else will I smuggle in my Starsector games? Organs?
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

brewer bob

• Bay Watcher
  • euphoric due to inebriation
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: May 14, 2023, 07:34:17 am »

So what drugs are good to take and what are not? A list would be nice.

Hypothetically speaking, of course, and asking for a friend.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: May 14, 2023, 10:15:59 am »

I have nothing to do, time to engage this until I get bored.

Maybe the chemicals are the same, but the production of synthetic chemicals makes the world less habitable, while the production organically makes it more habitable.
There is species intelligence, it's 1 in a million that a random mutation will be synergistic enough with the world to succeed. So nature is one big evolutionary intelligence. We have cannabinoid receptors and nicotinic receptors and psilocybin resembles seratonin, that suggests interrelationships to me, or at least ties to a common ancestor, its true we produce chemicals that bind to the cannabinoid receptors endogenously.
Absolute luck - luck absolutely - is choice. It's the sperm that gets the egg that chooses to live most. Or nature chooses the luckiest as the most fit to thrive.
1. The production of recreational drugs isn't a noticeable environmental impact as far as I know so I'd like a source on that.
2. Of course there are ties to a common ancestor but the fact that the chemicals in some plants affect enzymes is just coincidence. Or a way for the plants to discourage herbivores. It's just that some humans LIKE tripping balls. Nature is not intelligent. Look at it this way: roll a bunch of dice and remove the dice with the lowest numbers. Only dice with high numbers will be left in the pile. That's how selection pressures work. You acted under a simple algorithm and produced somewhat ordered results. The fact that you are intelligent is irrelevant here, the algorithm is "dumb".
3. That is a contradictory statement. Luck is by definition not a choice.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

taat

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't notify people when putting them in the sig
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: May 14, 2023, 10:21:13 am »

Good drugs (because they're natural): fly agaric, belladonna, tobacco plants
Bad drugs (unnatural!): caffeine pills, aspirin, most antibiotics

When the good (unpleasant hallucinations) comes with the bad (seizures, convulsions, difficulty breating), the body maintains its natural balance and ultimately leads to a good society. When the drugs are unnatural, the effects seem good but in fact it will stop you from dying from a toe infection which.. uhh.. where was I going with this?
« Last Edit: May 14, 2023, 10:28:27 am by taat »
Hypothesis: I will kill all dwarves in a horrible fashion

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: May 14, 2023, 11:13:22 am »

Tobacco use isn’t related to massive health risks at all is it? ::) you don’t even have to smoke the fucker for those health risks either!

Similarly, caffeine can be consumed from a plant (coffee!) and that can be processed naturally (through the guts of animals) so… I don’t really know what the point is.

Folks have been using plants to get high for centuries, and they only become bad now we have the ability to isolate the chemical components that have certain effects? Come on guy.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

MaxTheFox

• Bay Watcher
  • Лишь одна дорожка да на всей земле
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: May 14, 2023, 11:24:35 am »

I study biology so people mysticizing evolution really tilts me.
Woe to those who make unjust laws, to those who issue oppressive decrees, to deprive the poor of their rights and withhold justice from the oppressed of my people, making widows their prey and robbing the fatherless. What will you do on the day of reckoning, when disaster comes from afar?

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: May 14, 2023, 11:35:42 am »

I AM HAVING A MASS PSYCHOSIS
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. I also geld memes.

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: May 14, 2023, 01:58:16 pm »

Good drugs (because they're natural): fly agaric, belladonna, tobacco plants
Bad drugs (unnatural!): caffeine pills, aspirin, most antibiotics

When the good (unpleasant hallucinations) comes with the bad (seizures, convulsions, difficulty breating), the body maintains its natural balance and ultimately leads to a good society. When the drugs are unnatural, the effects seem good but in fact it will stop you from dying from a toe infection which.. uhh.. where was I going with this?
You forgot Nutmeg (Good): three days of mild hallucinations, delirium, anxiety, confusion, headaches, nausea, dizziness, dry mouth, eye irritation, amnesia, and better banana bread.
One wheel short of a wagon

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: May 14, 2023, 02:00:46 pm »

I AM HAVING A MASS PSYCHOSIS
DOGS AND CATS

SMOKING TOGETHER

MASS PSYCHOSIS
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: May 14, 2023, 02:48:02 pm »

There is no good or bad in nature, nature is just is. Murder is natural it is also generally bad, causing harm and suffering. What we perceive as natural is always part of cultural process and when people say something is natural they almost always make a political argument.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: May 14, 2023, 02:56:06 pm »

Murder is natural it is also generally bad,
Wow, hard disagree.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile