Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 88

Author Topic: Fallacy's Horrible Cults - End - Prisonbreak  (Read 37230 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: Fallacy's Horrible Cults (11 / 11) - Day 1 - Return Of The Hot Dogs
« Reply #315 on: May 12, 2023, 09:23:30 am »

Also, Town web does just as much scummy stuff.  Scum web has a disadvantage because he knows he's scum, so he has to put limitations on himself.  You might be thinking more about Mafia-ally web, who doesn't even need the game to function.  Using Mafia-ally web as reference is blatantly silly, for many reasons.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 12, 2023, 09:24:42 am »

Welcome to the Thunderdome! Your contestants: Notquitethere v. Webadict. Scheduled for...Day 2?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 12, 2023, 09:26:07 am »

Welcome to the Thunderdome! Your contestants: Notquitethere v. TricMagic. Scheduled for...Day 1?
Fixed that for you~

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 12, 2023, 09:26:53 am »

neat imma go play zelda

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2023, 09:27:32 am »

@Web: I think that I have seen you blow up mostly as scum. Any stories of you flaming out as Town?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2023, 09:28:48 am »

Welcome to the Thunderdome! Your contestants: Notquitethere v. TricMagic. Scheduled for...Day 1?
Fixed that for you~
Why does anyone think you're not 1000% Town again?

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2023, 09:32:08 am »

Probably cause I'm not going on and on about my role, which I would do as Cult. Quite the pickle, though I prefer cucumbers.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2023, 09:38:52 am »

@Web: I think that I have seen you blow up mostly as scum. Any stories of you flaming out as Town?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Anyway, Tric is obviously not scum.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2023, 11:13:28 am »

Web
Delayed tactics don't work in Town's favor here, and yet you seem to stick to this point.  Explain your actions with voting multiple people.  What was the outcome, or is the intention that it is Night-oriented?
Is Jim not revealing his Green Lucky Number delaying? Is TricMagic not steadfastedly refusing to explain himself delaying? Is every player, yourself included, not instaclaiming their whole role delaying?

If I explained exactly what I'm aiming at in my particular approach on D1, it'd undermine the approach (as per usual. You don't tell the participants of a psychological experiment what the real purpose is until the experiment is over). The approach will matter after the flip.

I'm not being a refusenik to wind you up, I just don't want to hamper my own strategy just because you've picked it to be hung up about. Again, what I'm doing here, given I've done this many times before.

Egan/Tric, what's the argument for a Jim elimination?

Max
I am not masons with Jack, but he uncontrollably whispered me his alignment at the start of the day.
Sorry to be dense, but was this a joke or not?

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2023, 11:51:44 am »

Is Jim not revealing his Green Lucky Number delaying? Is TricMagic not steadfastedly refusing to explain himself delaying? Is every player, yourself included, not instaclaiming their whole role delaying?

If I explained exactly what I'm aiming at in my particular approach on D1, it'd undermine the approach (as per usual. You don't tell the participants of a psychological experiment what the real purpose is until the experiment is over). The approach will matter after the flip.

I'm not being a refusenik to wind you up, I just don't want to hamper my own strategy just because you've picked it to be hung up about. Again, what I'm doing here, given I've done this many times before.
Weirdly, your first point is an odd argument for you to make.  The Green Number does not find scum, and thus is not Day game relevant, unless you believe it is related to scum, but there are no reasons to believe that.  TricMagic explaining about what exactly is confusing to me, as I don't know what you're asking about.  Tric is literally willing to Thunderdome you...  I think that is something scum Tric would not do.  I don't see the comparison there, or rather, I see more Town indicators than scum, so I think you are pointing out issues in an effort to find something.

And the whole roleclaiming is self-evidentally bad on its own, especially when I have claimed multiple facets of my role, and you consider that as additional evidence that I am scum, so that seems an odd defense.

The second point is a defense where we must take your word for it.  That... is only acceptable if you are Town, and even then, you could be converted during the Night, and thus, you are able to change your answer as needed.  It is not a valid answer for me, and I think anyone accepting it has vastly misunderstood the way Cults work.

Do you see why I am continually confused by your answer?  I do not trust you to have Town's interest in mind, and you cannot merely state to trust you that Tomorrow will hold all the answers, especially when I know you are voting a Townie, and your accusations have been rather flimsy.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2023, 11:56:56 am »

TO NQT, I'm not going to undermine my approach by explaining things day 1. sarcasm.

A vote for Jim is a vote to tear down his pyramid scheme. There is no reason besides that. Why are you asking a question that is already known?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2023, 12:06:26 pm »

I lost the bead a bit on what's going on in this game to instead make hot wings and drink beer yesterday. I don't think this was necessarily a poor decision.

I'll catch up more thoroughly when I'm done with work.

It would be very nice if there were regular votecounts so I could at least understand what the state of the game looks like currently. Who's in the lead for today? The day is almost over.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2023, 12:13:15 pm »

I think we should all vote Knightwing64 for being a lurking cult leader and regroup on the next day.
Hence my labelling the Web v. NQT as tomorrow's problem.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2023, 12:14:42 pm »

I'll also possibly miss end of day due to sheeping Jim by sleeping off some hot wings and booze.

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2023, 12:17:49 pm »

Hey Jack, what do you think about Jim?
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 88