Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Cathay and Formosa discussion thread  (Read 13633 times)

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Republic of China discussion thread
« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2023, 05:12:57 am »

Russia and China plan Eurasian dominance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7URrLHufdo

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2023, 07:41:53 pm »

Just needed to see the map before the video started playing to tell that's the bog standard "This is *the* plan" type of thing that never actually happens because the world's not static, and half of it's probably pure speculation.

The plan will be made, other powers will make counter plans, counter-counter plans will be made, counter-counter-counter plans will be made etc. etc. in a mess of interstate anarchy. And the world will keep turning.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2023, 01:08:57 am »

Russia and China plan Eurasian dominance
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7URrLHufdo

Watched the video. It lists a number of facts that indicate that Russia is becoming a vassal of China but somehow clickbait title is is that Russia and China are planning DOMINATION.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2023, 02:36:40 am »

Its not about the interplay between China and Russia, but them working together against western influence in their back yard. Its just a little taste of what's going on.

The plan will be made, other powers will make counter plans, counter-counter plans will be made, counter-counter-counter plans will be made etc. etc. in a mess of interstate anarchy. And the world will keep turning.
Usually to make a counter plan you first need to know the plan. Otherwise what you saying its like saying why be bothered by Conservative LGBTQ agenda they will make plans, we make counter plans, and the world will keep turning.. stay ignorant my person.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 03, 2023, 03:38:27 am »

Its not about the interplay between China and Russia, but them working together against western influence in their back yard. Its just a little taste of what's going on.

There are "no working together" indications in this video. Russia trading with China in yuans or Russia preparing to sell its resources to China (far cheaper than it sold those to the West) is not a part of some joint anti-Western plan but natural consequences of Russia becoming increasingly dependent on China.
They ought to be pitied! They are already on a course for self-destruction! They do not need help from us. We need to redress our wounds, help our people, rebuild our cities!

jipehog

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 03, 2023, 03:54:08 am »

Increased cooperation including major infrastructure projects, huge volume of trade, and de-dollarization to undermine the dollar-dominated financial system that not working together?

Also there are other moving parts e.g. Iran, OPEC+ energy cartel, BRICS and Turkey to name a few related issues juggled around.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 03, 2023, 09:53:00 pm »

Why, no, I in fact can not be bothered to spend any part of my life watching stupid videos.
Anything worth saying is worth saying in the written word.

Strongpoint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 03, 2023, 11:59:17 pm »

Increased cooperation including major infrastructure projects, huge volume of trade, and de-dollarization to undermine the dollar-dominated financial system that not working together?

When one person rapes another... they kinda have sex together, yep. I wouldn't say that they have a joint plan. You ignore what I said. None of the listed well-known facts are evident of a joint Russian-Chinise joint plan, they are adequately explained by the natural growth of China and Russia being forced to rely on China after damaging its relations with the West so much.

Why, no, I in fact can not be bothered to spend any part of my life watching stupid videos.
Anything worth saying is worth saying in the written word.

There are analytical videos worth watching (in some cases just listening). Videos on that channel are not. I am quite amazed that something of such low quality has 1M+ subscribers.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 04, 2023, 04:46:39 am »

In response to the US and Europe restricting chip export to China, China has now responded with restricting the export of gallium and germanium, two essential rare metals for the production of semiconductors and solar panels.
Henceforth, sellers will need a government permit to sell to foreign countries.
The Chinese government says the decision is a matter of national security.

I guess we will need to make haste with polluting our nature and digging new gallium and germanium mines in our own countries.
Still will take a decade or two before that is up and running.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 04, 2023, 08:46:26 pm »

That's gonna put a dent in Biden's Solar America plan...

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 12, 2023, 04:10:19 am »

To be simply,our country is not so horrible,Rumors spread that Chinese government kills he Uighers,but the fact is that the minority nationnal people could get lots of welfare in many important exams.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2023, 03:02:57 am »

To be simply,our country is not so horrible,Rumors spread that Chinese government kills he Uighers,but the fact is that the minority nationnal people could get lots of welfare in many important exams.
Unfortunately not rumours, it is well-documented PRC has been constructing massive camps that shoot anyone trying to escape with Uigher women coerced into sterilisation or forced marriages. No one has anything against your country, but it must be said the government is up to some nasty business

zhijinghaofromchina

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a fan of 矮人要塞
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2023, 06:44:56 am »

Greetings from china ,dear Loud Whispers .Unluckily , your links are unable to be opened here in Chinese internet ,so it is impossible for me to check whether your evidence provided are true or false . Could you quote some content from your links, just in short, please.
But it should be pointed out that our government has lots of shortcomings, our country has the class solidification than any time before and the declines in national population but it is still shock for to understand why you are so confirmed that the PRC government killed the Uighers.
To be frankly, I don’t trust what our government said, at the same time, the so-called facts that you heard from the medias such as BBC VOA should be verified in detail .
I live in the Jiangsu province of China, my dad went to where the Uigher lived, he was amazed by the spectacular scenes and delicious dishes that were made from lamb. If he caught sight of the slaughter he would told me. However I didn’t hear any word from him.
Maybe my words should be a little incredible for you.
If offended I apologize for your understanding and I am willing to get any punishment from the Bay 12 forum.
问苍茫大地,谁主沉浮?我主沉浮!
Ask the vast land , who is in charge of the ups and downs .
I am in charge of the ups and downs !

Starver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2023, 01:15:03 pm »

There'll be no punishment from Bay12 over mere opinions and observations, especially ones understandable in the circumstances. Your words aren't incredible. Or at least not extraordinary. I'm not surprised that your father was not witness to what we know of. Or perhaps decides not to speak of what he does know. Perhaps, you're like fish who don't really get to think much about the water in which you swim.

I can't speak for VOA, which is totally separate, but there's nothing that all our other media outlets (or indeed government!) would love more than to discredit the BBC for the slightest perceived bias. I did think it was silly to forward such links to you, but only because (as you indicate) you're probably heavily blocked/filtered on such things that might contradict your own state media and party line.

I'm not even sure how we'd convey you a believable and verifiable report. Like it's perhaps not wise to mention a particular event from 34 years ago, lest it have you getting into trouble for listening to us mentioning it. Others here might know better ways than to merely state facts to you over an obscure gaming board that (until now) probably escaped any particular attention from TPTB. I'll just trust that you're open to understanding my attempt to bridge some of the issues involved, or at least make it so that both sides are within hailing distance.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2023, 01:43:17 pm »

BBC is pretty legit in their criticisms of the United States, for what it's worth. They're only really untrustworthy regarding their own country, the United Kingdom/England.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12