Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 92

Author Topic: BYOR 16: Game Over. Mafia 2 Wins.  (Read 47380 times)

TricMagic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: BYOR 16: Day 1 - 50% Dystopian Chaos Pizza Time Hat Tyrant Dio [15 / 15]
« Reply #795 on: April 20, 2023, 06:12:38 pm »

Gonna need a bit more than that to convince me anyway. Why are you pressuring the double voter?

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: April 20, 2023, 06:12:54 pm »

For a while it felt like they were lurking like they did last time I saw them as mafia. (If I remember right.)
(juicebox does lurk as mafia, yes. But I don't want to vote him because I called him my favorite earlier.)

I was in that one and this time you're the one doing the misrepresenting. He was panicking because he had two votes and that because of that anyone with <2 vote gap leading the votes he kept saying he could tie the vote even though he was voting the person in the lead. That's the kind of irrational panic I might expect from EJ.
I think that's similar, but I guess I don't have any argument why you should if you don't. I still don't think that's misrepresentation though, you knew the context I meant and I was talking to you specifically.

This is him panicking not to get eliminated, which is... basically anyone when they lead the vote.
That might be fair. I don't really do that (Toony, at least, has seen me clutch it out a few times now and has commented on it), so I guess I might be misjudging whether scum Jack would.

I still think it matters that nobody's defending Jack, but now that I am, probably nobody else sees my point... which means that, ironically, my defending EuchreJack might make a bigger impact if I do this.
Who do you think Jack is with now, hector?

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: April 20, 2023, 06:13:39 pm »

Probably one scum minimum in Lenglon & Fluffe.  They're not posting, just sitting on my lynch all happy to see me die.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: April 20, 2023, 06:13:50 pm »

Okay that's weird.

I'm comfortable with a Fallacy or Jack lynch here.

I don't buy the mason claim here, it's too easy for scum to make, and Egan's lack of activity doesn't sit right with me.

As for Jack, his play has been quite lazy and low effort, and he's really only picked it up now that he's in danger of being lynched. It's also telling that he's flailing around trying to start a wagon on anyone that's not him instead of making a case for why he shouldn't be lynched.

I'm putting my vote on EuchreJack

Also may I say as an OOC, I hate formatting posts on my phone.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I want to be your blahaj.
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: April 20, 2023, 06:13:57 pm »

I'm confused and time is running out!

https://media.giphy.com/media/blPpTGDhn6hEI/giphy.gif

That's normal. Take deep breaths and relax.
The killing part is easier if you're relaxed.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #800 on: April 20, 2023, 06:14:32 pm »

unvote

Mamobo

• Bay Watcher
  • Mafia Moderation Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: April 20, 2023, 06:14:50 pm »

Vote Count
------------------------
-> EuchreJack  --6-- Lenglon*, hector13*, FallacyofUrist*, Egan_BW*, Fluffe9911*, Maximum Spin*,
juicebox       --4-- notquitethere*, TricMagic*, EuchreJack*, EuchreJack*,
FallacyofUrist --1-- Jim Groovester*,
hector13       --1-- ToonyMan*,
Knightwing64   --1-- Toaster*,
Toaster        --1-- Knightwing64*,
A_Curious_Cat  --0--
Egan_BW        --0--
Fluffe9911     --0--
Jim Groovester --0--
Lenglon        --0--
Maximum Spin   --0--
notquitethere  --0--
ToonyMan       --0--
TricMagic      --0--
No One         --0--

Not Voting     --2-- A_Curious_Cat*, juicebox*,

9 to Hammer. Day ends on April 20, 2023 at 19:00 Central Daylight Time (0 hours and 41 minutes remaining.)
Mamobo stands for Mafia Moderation Bot! Mamobo was made by webadict to help those in need!

Mamobo hates villainy and lawlessness! Mamobo loves blueberries!

Mamobo is happy to be of use! If you'd like to improve Mamobo, please do something else instead!

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: April 20, 2023, 06:15:10 pm »

For a while it felt like they were lurking like they did last time I saw them as mafia. (If I remember right.)
(juicebox does lurk as mafia, yes. But I don't want to vote him because I called him my favorite earlier.)

I was in that one and this time you're the one doing the misrepresenting. He was panicking because he had two votes and that because of that anyone with <2 vote gap leading the votes he kept saying he could tie the vote even though he was voting the person in the lead. That's the kind of irrational panic I might expect from EJ.
I think that's similar, but I guess I don't have any argument why you should if you don't. I still don't think that's misrepresentation though, you knew the context I meant and I was talking to you specifically.

This is him panicking not to get eliminated, which is... basically anyone when they lead the vote.
That might be fair. I don't really do that (Toony, at least, has seen me clutch it out a few times now and has commented on it), so I guess I might be misjudging whether scum Jack would.

I still think it matters that nobody's defending Jack, but now that I am, probably nobody else sees my point... which means that, ironically, my defending EuchreJack might make a bigger impact if I do this.
Who do you think Jack is with now, hector?

I'll let you know if you still have that vote on him in 42 minutes.

PPE: I think we may need Mamobo if web is available...

ninja'd by the bot.
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

juicebox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: April 20, 2023, 06:15:23 pm »

Didn't see that Max switched, I don't want him at L-1 yet

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: April 20, 2023, 06:16:49 pm »

Yep, I expected this to happen with Jack leading the votes so I had to come to a computer to make sure I can keep up properly...
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.

Maximum Spin

• Bay Watcher
  • [OPPOSED_TO_LIFE] [GOES_TO_ELEVEN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: April 20, 2023, 06:17:05 pm »

So to be clear, you are challenging me to a game of chicken?

I never lose those.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: April 20, 2023, 06:18:11 pm »

Okay that's weird.

I don't buy the mason claim here, it's too easy for scum to make, and Egan's lack of activity doesn't sit right with me.

As for Jack, his play has been quite lazy and low effort, and he's really only picked it up now that he's in danger of being lynched. It's also telling that he's flailing around trying to start a wagon on anyone that's not him instead of making a case for why he shouldn't be lynched.

Fuck you, vote me you chicken.  Then you'll know who mafia is by the person that hammers me!

A_Curious_Cat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: April 20, 2023, 06:19:00 pm »

Calm down Cat, we have 52 minutes. Just give us a read list on who you trust is maybe town, and who you think isn't town.

That's the problem.  I'm having trouble reading people.  I think it's due to a lack of sleep, my slow reading,  and the shear amount of text posted in the thread.

Currently, I've only got people in two groups:  People I'm reluctant to lynch on D1 (you, Fallacy, and Egan), and people I'm not sure about!
Really hoping somebody puts this in their signature.

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: April 20, 2023, 06:19:32 pm »

So to be clear, you are challenging me to a game of chicken?

I never lose those.

Well if I'm right about the scum team composition, you have some strong partners to help you if you wanted to bus EJ anyway.

Okay that's weird.

Fuck you, vote me you chicken.  Then you'll know who mafia is by the person that hammers me!

If you were town, why would mafia hammer you when they can just wait and get the same result?

hector13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: April 20, 2023, 06:20:37 pm »

Equally so, if you're scum, town probably wouldn't hammer you anyway, it's D1, and late day vote shenanigans can get a lot of info.

Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 92